Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skyforger View Post

Wonder why Clausehouse did not propose this simple fix

Because a positive list with better captains doesn?t necessarily have to change, a list with troublemakers needs to be updated every single time AND doesn?t prevent players from switching to a different name. Now the list would be mostly static and keep well known names in play.
    Last edited by BIET; 02-12-2019, 01:26 PM. Reason: Added quote

Comment

Do you think there are that many new players around that know whats ?go base, how to apply for cap and also trying to get it without knowing better? If so then a list of good players will also have to be updated regularly once gems emerge from these supposed swarms of newbies who realise whats what. Also it does in no way solve the problem of say 10-star rage quitting captains. Having a terr captain rage quit or stop playing to trashtalk probably happens more often than the game getting swarmed with newbie ?go base addicts.

On other hand if you think our ?go base population is pretty much static at this point then a simple short list of rage quitters and troll captains is enough and mostly static.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
        Forget it, you're pathologically crippled and need to turn everything into a fucking 9000 word debate about nothing to feel important. Absolutely insane.

I literally gave you a list of every relevant baser to have ever played from 2008-2019. I have the most comprehensive list of basers known to man based on statistics from over 25 TWLB and TWDT-B Seasons, the eye test, and earned titles, that includes 10x more names than TWDT. How would you even have a whitelist using TWDT ratings when so many players aren't in TWDT and don't have TWDT-B ratings?

You don't play this game, and you don't know what the hell you're doing.
        Wow what a shitty attitude. We're crippled pathologically but this guy can't even have a conversation without flipping out. You do know that forums are about discussing how to implement things like adults right? Why are you so eager and so negative? Why is everything your way or the highway? You basically already got what you came here asking for, there just has to be a reasonable and responsible way to implement it. No, no one cares about feeling important on subspace. Least of all me who cares less about public opinion as evidenced by my past actions. Try again.

Yes, I play this game. I've played and contributed for 20 years. Which qualifies me to suggest things just as much as you. You are not "above" me and I am not "above" you. Lets keep that way? I have more play hours than most people whose ?usage is 90% spec time. If only subspace would distinguish spec hours and play hours in the ?usage.

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
          Do you think there are that many new players around that know whats ?go base, how to apply for cap and also trying to get it without knowing better? If so then a list of good players will also have to be updated regularly once gems emerge from these supposed swarms of newbies who realise whats what. Also it does in no way solve the problem of say 10-star rage quitting captains. Having a terr captain rage quit or stop playing to trashtalk probably happens more often than the game getting swarmed with newbie ?go base addicts.

On other hand if you think our ?go base population is pretty much static at this point then a simple short list of rage quitters and troll captains is enough and mostly static.
          That?s why I said the list would be mostly static, it can still be updated. As there can be people added, so can people be removed. Abusing the power of being listed or behaving in a non benificial way to the game could lead to being removed from the list.

A second list of players that are blacklisted could also be added, but that one might proof far less effective and does give players something to ?fear? instead of something to work towards as a ?reward?.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
            Well done Jessup / Falconeer! You just prevented another good improvement from happening. This thread shouldn't have 80 replies. I believe the most accurate and useful data is the original list which was posted here. If you have to quantify it somehow, for example, 7*+ isn't the way the go as gameplay skills often doesn't match with captaining skills. As Ogron said, if that original list doesn't work it is pointless to even implement it as the quantified list will be more flawed anyway.
            How do we decide who gets captain? By a select few league all stars adding people to the list or deciding a person didn't earn a right on the list arbitrarily?? Why does no one have an answer to this question? Why are you preventing Jessup from being on the list after the guy ran league squads and played 20 years like you did? What is the criteria for being on the list? If you can't have a proper discussion then it seems to me people are just here to throw blame and troll the thread.

Minimally one idea could be that anyone on the list can vouch for someone and type to the bot ?addcaptain Jessup, and they are added to the captain list. If your deciding who is captain just based on your personal feelings, then making it a system where ANY captain can add captains to the whitelist might be a fair system. This removes bias, since everyone already on the list has equal power to add to list and can't restrict who is added. You would have to have heavy influence to prevent jessup from being added then, since at least 1 of the 30 people on your proposed captain list would add him.

You can alternatively/simultaneously have a list to exclude troublemakers who rage quit/grief the base games, which would be handled by zone staff who actually go through some training about being fair to others.

If you don't like these options then stop proposing captain lists based on a select few peoples opinion of who "deserves" to be there. You need actual criteria for what constitutes a good captain that can be measured to some degree and proven. So then even if you dislike the player they can't be denied a captain spot. We're not saying this would happen, we're not saying you can't judge skill well, we're saying the potential for abuse is too strong, and already I feel like Jessup would be unfairly excluded, potentially I would be in the future just because I didn't outright agree with you on these forums? And this effects other areas of the game too... like skyforger keeps bringing up with inexperienced players.

We're all on the same page with having balanced teams for basing, and even having a captain list. The disagreement is about implementation. And I still think things could be added to encourage captains on the white list to recruit newbies to their team. Maybe recruiting a newbie to your team would earn you captain points which you could spend to have some sort of 3 second immunity in ?claiming a captain spot over other captains.

You could get 3 captain points for adding a newbie, and 1 for winning a game. And buying immunity can cost 4.

Perhaps make a system where anyone can captain, but as soon as someone does, they are added to something called Trial Captains, where the next 20 games they captain are evaluated by wins and how well they played. EVERYONE has to go through this, including Rab, Clause etc. At the end of the trial captain period you earn a VIP captain status if you pass, but trail captains can still ?buy immunity so they can continue their trial without being overridden by VIP captains all the time.

P.S. These are all suggestions, don't flip out at me for suggesting things. I don't care if they are used. I care that some criteria exists for deciding who is captain though, whoever comes up with it, then great.
            Last edited by Falconeer; 02-12-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

You aren't born with the right to cap. You're born a fucking newbie. After 10+ years of capping maybe you qualify. Atm you're clearly not even qualified to talk about it. GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                You aren't born with the right to cap. You're born a fucking newbie. After 10+ years of capping maybe you qualify. Atm you're clearly not even qualified to talk about it. GTFO.
                You're not even Saiyan level good at this game. So if we're doing right to talk based on skill, you guys need to step off the forums since I've seen way better, and they all came out of DSB and owned in your zones; not just in TW but in Pro league and hockey zone to, like Trasher, Saiyin, Makron, and even Pater Punishment etc.

Maybe someday your dream of a 1984 orwellian Trenchwars will come true, until then people can speak freely.

I bet half of TW top 10 players are DSB smurfs. Turban is a DSBer too.
                Last edited by Falconeer; 02-12-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

How do we decide who gets captain? By a select few league all stars adding people to the list or deciding a person didn't earn a right on the list arbitrarily?? Why does no one have an answer to this question? Why are you preventing Jessup from being on the list after the guy ran league squads and played 20 years like you did? What is the criteria for being on the list? If you can't have a proper discussion then it seems to me people are just here to throw blame and troll the thread.
                  We can not deny the experience and knowledge someone as Claushouse has gained while running numerous leagues. His specialty is even base so he is perhaps one of the few I would trust of making a good list as a starting point. It also isn't necessarily about hours in the game, but as Claus pointed out, knowledge of basing.

Without further ado I would propose to have the list made by Ogron posted in a new thread for further consideration and giving others the opportunity to add players to the list or advocate for changes.
                  Maybe my posts are mainly ignored because my point suck, but I would appreciate if people would at least point out why. :P Otherwise I tried to formulate a solution that should appease most of you.

P.S. If you think you should be on the list yourself, have others vouch for your or let your actions speak for yourself. You earn it by playing and contributing, not by shouting or destroying.

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
                    Maybe my posts are mainly ignored because my point suck, but I would appreciate if people would at least point out why. :P Otherwise I tried to formulate a solution that should appease most of you.
                    I'm ignoring your posts because you're trying to compromise with people who are grade A retards so there'll be no compromise that achieves the original objective that they agree to. aka don't negotiate with terrorists.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIET View Post

We can not deny the experience and knowledge someone as Claushouse has gained while running numerous leagues. His specialty is even base so he is perhaps one of the few I would trust of making a good list as a starting point. It also isn't necessarily about hours in the game, but as Claus pointed out, knowledge of basing.

P.S. If you think you should be on the list yourself, have others vouch for your or let your actions speak for yourself. You earn it by playing and contributing, not by shouting or destroying.
                      Yeah I can personally learn knowledge of basing in 1 day of 3 base games. I'm a fast learner. I come from DSB where every room (especially in east sector) has various nuanced tactics and ways to break in. A zone which specializes on conserving energy while having a good offense, which makes me ideal for Pro League too.

Clause has an excel spreadsheet but I have no clue how he arrived at those numbers and if he's not sharing the sheet, then something is already wrong. Qan and basically anyone who wants access to it should have access to it, the full file. Not screenshots. Take that step first if it's not already the case and then we can use the excel sheet (MAYBE) as a criteria for deciding who can captain. In which case it would not be clause deciding, but rather the work put in to determining the stats of each player that would be the deciding factor.

Your posts aren't ignored, I read them, and you say sensible things.

I know if I made an excel sheet like that, I would have shared it with everyone since the goal of making it would be to help league and the zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
                        I'm ignoring your posts because you're trying to compromise with people who are grade A retards so there'll be no compromise that achieves the original objective that they agree to. aka don't negotiate with terrorists.
                        I think you're acting like a terrorist and an immature kid. Grow up and come back to the discussion as an adult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undercut View Post
                          Everyone still gets the ability to be captain, this simply allows the players with the most experience basing the chance to claim it first to make the game more evenly matched. I'm failing to see a negative side to this.
                          Hence , you get no ability to be captain if you are not on the list and those who are on it are given 100 percent power to play favoritism over and over until base dies while those not on it are left 100 percent at mercy on those who are. Again I say there is no pressing issue that needs to be corrected here and this thread is simply a power grab to control a PUBLIC dueling arena by a certain few elitists. This is unequal treatment and any logic that it is all inclusive is completely off the mark and obviously untrue.
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Put it in another arena if you like and we'll all play there and Jessup and Falco can 1v1 each other in go base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
                              Put it in another arena if you like and we'll all play there and Jessup and Falco can 1v1 each other in go base.
                              As much as I like it when you talk about me, I already stated earlier I don't care if I ever captain, only if I can find a game within 1 hour. Which should be the standard a good zone has for all players imo. You also seem to get mad when people have differing opinions to yours? I feel bad for you if that's the case because life is going to be very hard in the work place or in a relationship with a woman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                                As much as I like it when you talk about me, I already stated earlier I don't care if I ever captain, only if I can find a game within 1 hour.
                                Yeah so you're literally arguing against something that helps you. F knows why.

Comment

Working...
                                X