?go Base Captaincy Needs a List of Veteran Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
    Yeah so you're literally arguing against something that helps you. F knows why.
    I'm not arguing man, only when I'm directly attacked. And i'm not against you or clause or anyone else, or the idea of a captain list.

I just agree it's better to quantify who can be captain, and not just leave it up to clause (even though he may be most qualified).

Sorry we don't see perfectly eye to eye, but it's not helpful to just blow up when there are barriers to what you're hoping for, trust me i know.

Comment

• Clause has an excel spreadsheet but I have no clue how he arrived at those numbers and if he's not sharing the sheet, then something is already wrong. Qan and basically anyone who wants access to it should have access to it, the full file. Not screenshots. Take that step first if it's not already the case and then we can use the excel sheet (MAYBE) as a criteria for deciding who can captain. In which case it would not be clause deciding, but rather the work put in to determining the stats of each player that would be the deciding factor.
      Maybe the entire thought process isn't explained or true based on statistics, but the last few TWDT's there has been spreadsheets that are public and people can voice their opinion on the ratings. The list Claus made might as well be made by the community itself. Furthermore we can improve on it so it is a definitely a list made by the community.

It can be a pilot for a while and those who oppose the idea can formulate a better solution in the mean time.

I'm ignoring your posts because you're trying to compromise with people who are grade A retards so there'll be no compromise that achieves the original objective that they agree to. aka don't negotiate with terrorists.
      I think what I suggested is much closer to the original suggestion by Claus than any of the opposing suggestions. Also if post on these forums you are going to get feedback, you can't just cut off the part you don't like and expect everything to be like you want it to be.

Comment

• #1 I should be on caps list coz I probably capped more than anyone and most of those games were even (unless my first 2 picks left)
        #2 Very few players are actually willing to cap... 95% of players on ogron's list wont cap
        lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

• Here's a list of everyone who's capped 5 or more times over the course of the 4686 games in the history of TW's ?go base. Works out to a total of 272 names (not necessarily unique, as it doesn't account for aliases or ZH/ER names).

Could use a hard cutoff number from here, such as needing to have capped X or more games to be on the vet cap list. Easy.

Or, could simply go down the list and put an X by each name you think should be on a vet captain whitelist. It's a pretty manageable size to review. If we had 2-3 base vets making their own whitelist on this sheet (link provides edit access for those sections), maybe we can come up with a decent list. This would also allow us to make sure we don't miss anyone important -- such as midoent, who has capped 413 times, the 2nd most of all time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Another idea, totally different approach: A bit like nominating but possibly not as awful. !cap arenas "X wants to cap, !second to second their capping." Another player PMs !second, and the !cap is accepted. Does not prevent trolls entirely (they just need an accomplice) but mediocre/unproven caps would not make it through this process. And unlike nominating, it makes it clear the person wants to cap, and requires only one person to agree.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• Originally posted by qan View Post
            Here's a list of everyone who's capped 5 or more times over the course of the 4686 games in the history of TW's ?go base. Works out to a total of 272 names (not necessarily unique, as it doesn't account for aliases or ZH/ER names).

Could use a hard cutoff number from here, such as needing to have capped X or more games to be on the vet cap list. Easy.

Or, could simply go down the list and put an X by each name you think should be on a vet captain whitelist. It's a pretty manageable size to review. If we had 2-3 base vets making their own whitelist on this sheet (link provides edit access for those sections), maybe we can come up with a decent list. This would also allow us to make sure we don't miss anyone important -- such as midoent, who has capped 413 times, the 2nd most of all time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Another idea, totally different approach: A bit like nominating but possibly not as awful. !cap arenas "X wants to cap, !second to second their capping." Another player PMs !second, and the !cap is accepted. Does not prevent trolls entirely (they just need an accomplice) but mediocre/unproven caps would not make it through this process. And unlike nominating, it makes it clear the person wants to cap, and requires only one person to agree.
            Lmao. Claus at 464 Go base captains and people want to contest his input and knowledge lmfao.

Can someone tell me how many captains were claimed by the people contesting?
            FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
            #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Efhat View Post

Lmao. Claus at 464 Go base captains and people want to contest his input and knowledge lmfao.

Can someone tell me how many captains were claimed by the people contesting?
              First of all... if he's at 464 and most of the top captains are already the one's hosting a lot in the 200's and 400's then it seems like there is little issue about quality captains getting a chance to captain.

Second of all... pretty sure clause is going to come in here and complain when someone else has 200-400 captained games that it doesn't mean they are a quality captain. In other words, anyone can host 500 games especially if they played trench wars for many years. It doesn't necessarily mean they are a good player or a good captain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

First of all... if he's at 464 and most of the top captains are already the one's hosting a lot in the 200's and 400's then it seems like there is little issue about quality captains getting a chance to captain.

Second of all... pretty sure clause is going to come in here and complain when someone else has 200-400 captained games that it doesn't mean they are a quality captain. In other words, anyone can host 500 games especially if they played trench wars for many years. It doesn't necessarily mean they are a good player or a good captain.
                How many go base games, TWBD games, TWLB games, TWDTB games have you played? Under what aliases?
                I find it hard to believe I?ve never heard of someone who?s been around for ?20 years?. Why is your join date 2018?

what have you done these last twenty years that makes you a qualified player that can captain a base team? Can you differentiate right now the difference between Mattey and Zidane in shark?

how about Cape and Cintra and terr?

how about ?dttr? and Holydude in spider?

How many squads have you captained in these last twenty years that have contributed towards a basing league? Or go base games?

I find it hard to believe that you even know how to construct a proper basing line if given a pool of 30 players, and going against someone who knows what he?s doing.

Matter of fact, what are your aliases the last 20 years?

TWL is coming up soon, why don?t you create a basing squad and compete if you?re so knowledgeable and respected in this game of your quality competitiveness contributions

if you can?t answer any of these questions that I just asked don?t even bother replying with your useless paragraphs.

quite frankly I agree with Claus. The first two years of me playing this game I never got picked for anything. The best squad I could?ve joined was Lambiet and Verify, until megaman89 took a huge risk and recruited me and spent countless hours with me in a private arena teaching me how to spider.

in those two years I didn?t post on forums and cry about not getting a fucking go base cap.
                i got better and I learned the game.
                Which im sure ALOT of our veterans did back then. Anyone who complained about petty shit like this back then had to change their alias constantly and IP because no squad will recruit a whining snowflake.

thats what?s wrong with this current day and age. We are accommodating people who are entitled.

For real though, if you cant answer anything I just asked you don?t bother replying. Bedsuse I won?t waste my time with you anymore. It took a lot for me to even reply to this ridiculous post.

make the change already.
                FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

How many go base games, TWBD games, TWLB games, TWDTB games have you played? Under what aliases?
                  I find it hard to believe I?ve never heard of someone who?s been around for ?20 years?. Why is your join date 2018?

what have you done these last twenty years that makes you a qualified player that can captain a base team? Can you differentiate right now the difference between Mattey and Zidane in shark?

how about Cape and Cintra and terr?

how about ?dttr? and Holydude in spider?

How many squads have you captained in these last twenty years that have contributed towards a basing league? Or go base games?

I find it hard to believe that you even know how to construct a proper basing line if given a pool of 30 players, and going against someone who knows what he?s doing.

Matter of fact, what are your aliases the last 20 years?

TWL is coming up soon, why don?t you create a basing squad and compete if you?re so knowledgeable and respected in this game of your quality competitiveness contributions

if you can?t answer any of these questions that I just asked don?t even bother replying with your useless paragraphs.

quite frankly I agree with Claus. The first two years of me playing this game I never got picked for anything. The best squad I could?ve joined was Lambiet and Verify, until megaman89 took a huge risk and recruited me and spent countless hours with me in a private arena teaching me how to spider.

in those two years I didn?t post on forums and cry about not getting a fucking go base cap.
                  i got better and I learned the game.
                  Which im sure ALOT of our veterans did back then. Anyone who complained about petty shit like this back then had to change their alias constantly and IP because no squad will recruit a whining snowflake.

thats what?s wrong with this current day and age. We are accommodating people who are entitled.

For real though, if you cant answer anything I just asked you don?t bother replying. Bedsuse I won?t waste my time with you anymore. It took a lot for me to even reply to this ridiculous post.

make the change already.
                  Why are you talking about me? I don't care if I captain. I care if I can find a game in 1 hour, but mostly as a standard for everyone else.

You guys really need to start growing up, you're like 30 years old now? I don't care about your trench wars championships, titles, belts, ego, leagues, or how good you think you are, or how bad you think I am. I don't shit on people and look down on them like you guys do, not even when I was trolling. I went after other trolls 99% of the time, always helped new players, and shit on abusive staff.

Dude no one cares what you did back in 2006, and 2008, we are in 2019 now. I don't see fucking 14 year old kids lining up to play with 16 hours a day of free time anymore. That's why your story about how you were tough in the face of benching and in a spider in a duel arena 4 hours a day to become good at ?go base won't work today. Most of us are adults, most of us played 20 years, the game is dying because most of us are playing other games or busy with life and work, and no one has 2 hours to train or wait to be let in a NONE league game, by some stuck up ego filled captain who trolls players all day in elim named Ogron.

Sure let me be a draft captain and I will captain. I'm on Under City right now. I'll make a squad after a league with them.

Yeah, I'm really entitled... i'm even asking for a VIP LIST in ?go base, and then baby bitch crying when someone disagrees with me. rofl.

P.S being told to grow up by me, is embarrassing, and should be a low point in your lives.
                  Last edited by Falconeer; 02-14-2019, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Every post you write is a low point in our lives. Go away and never return please.

Comment

• I see absolutely nothing wrong with the logic behind the captain list provided by Ogron - just implement it and ignore these other idiots kicking up a fuss for absolute no reason. Having experienced players captain isn't about excluding worse players, it's about balancing teams so the highest quality of match can occur.

TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

Why are you talking about me? I don't care if I captain. I care if I can find a game in 1 hour, but mostly as a standard for everyone else.

You guys really need to start growing up, you're like 30 years old now? I don't care about your trench wars championships, titles, belts, ego, leagues, or how good you think you are, or how bad you think I am. I don't shit on people and look down on them like you guys do, not even when I was trolling. I went after other trolls 99% of the time, always helped new players, and shit on abusive staff.

Dude no one cares what you did back in 2006, and 2008, we are in 2019 now. I don't see fucking 14 year old kids lining up to play with 16 hours a day of free time anymore. That's why your story about how you were tough in the face of benching and in a spider in a duel arena 4 hours a day to become good at ?go base won't work today. Most of us are adults, most of us played 20 years, the game is dying because most of us are playing other games or busy with life and work, and no one has 2 hours to train or wait to be let in a NONE league game, by some stuck up ego filled captain who trolls players all day in elim named Ogron.

Sure let me be a draft captain and I will captain. I'm on Under City right now. I'll make a squad after a league with them.

Yeah, I'm really entitled... i'm even asking for a VIP LIST in ?go base, and then baby bitch crying when someone disagrees with me. rofl.

P.S being told to grow up by me, is embarrassing, and should be a low point in your lives.
                        You know it?s bad when it?s 2019 and some virgin is so irrelevant that he can?t even post his alias on SS but brags about contributing to the zone for ?20 years?

point proven.

Make the change. This idiot is irrelevant to basing and the zone

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                          I see absolutely nothing wrong with the logic behind the captain list provided by Ogron - just implement it and ignore these other idiots kicking up a fuss for absolute no reason. Having experienced players captain isn't about excluding worse players, it's about balancing teams so the highest quality of match can occur.
                          THIS.

8 pages of something simple to ensure we might have a few less 10-0 games which are no fun for anyone and have the tendency to kill ?go base.. Really?
                          And there's hardly any ?go base going at all, anyone who shows up basically gets to play, so having (hopefully) the better players out of the bunch captain so the quality gets spread out evenly is only a good thing for everyone. And if there's no quality players who want to cap (which is, let's be honest 50% the case when Oderus/Ogron aren't around) still anyone caps, and we'll still have our good share of shitty 10-0 blow-outs, so don't you worry. Actually Ogron was quite friendly as he didn't request anyone to be blacklisted as cap (which is how he usually handles situations :P), 8 pages for a 30 second window...!

As Ricko said: implement it and close this thread. If, for whatever reason, it doesn't work out, we can always just remove it again in a few months...

Comment

The best squad I could've joined was Lambiet and Verify
                            Yo Lambiet 4ever lmao, im about to take my old alias out of retirement just for the nostalgia of it

Big Chill

Comment

• Seems to me the elite players want to control the game. I don't feel these elite players have the best intentions for the game.

Take care
                              Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
                              Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

warbit> FreeSpirit is truly my spirit animal.

Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

Comment

• 8 page threads about an obvious improvement is what happens when you have noobies running the zone

Comment

Working...
                                X