X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessup
    replied
    Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
    Don't really think we'd need an updated list, there's no influx of new veteran basers.

And if the whitelist effect only takes place for 30 seconds after the previous game finished, it avoids the issue of not being able to get ?go base going.

The major issue is when it's active, trolls and newbies do !cap and add horribly unbalanced lines and kill the momentum and waste 15 minutes. That 30 seconds would give veterans a chance to cap to prevent this. If no one on the whitelist does !cap, then anyone should be able to claim and get it going.

Famous last words, but seems foolproof!

List the trolls and noobies destroying ?go base. I'd love to see it. Why don't we start there before some sweeping exclusion takes place. You have not called out one player who has caused an issue in ?go base besides using generalizations.

Leave a comment:

• Rab
    replied
    Also, there are stats for go base on the tw website, so the data's there to see who wins/loses, gets crushed/crushes.

Leave a comment:

• Rab
    replied
    Ogron, anyone you'd add/remove from this?

Code:
    turban,Trasher,hellkite,JAMAL,Mikkiz,Ogron,cripple,mcvicar,thix,Commodo,nowon,Ease,Zidane,Dreamwin,cobranack,okyo,miles morales,Kate Upton,omega red,Ra,skatarius,Solace,wbm,Heaven,Oderus Urungus,Mythril,Jurassic,RaCka,vys,Steadman,kado,Tripin,Bacon,Burnt,maketso,Major Crisis,Mean Gene,morph,skyforger,Zizzo,Rasaq,Rab,Henry Saari,FalconPunch,bellflowers,Markmrw,Rodney,Undercut,Geio,ugandan sniper,Caos,beam,Ardour,Children,Tiny,AFRI,Kentaro,shaun,bram,Lupin,mvp,rozay,Sulla,Anonym,tj hazuki,tucker,yeH,Dutch Baser,Magnum Size,Neil

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Rab thats ridiculous and it holds no water when it comes to the zone anyways. There are ALWAYS favorites. I add good lines consistently to ?go base and so do many people you all are trying to exclude. Seriously this is complete hog wash fake news.

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Seriously seeing this dumb ass post is really disturbing..especially because it is being considered by a sysop. I have been watching ?go base and not seen a game fail because of a cap in ages and even if a "noob" caps they can be helped or replaced if unable to complete it. This just has NOT been happening though. . An issue I have seen happening though is the same group of game hogs adding the same lines over and over and over excluding a large group of players who want to play but cannot. Qan what are you thinking agreeing to this? Are you really this na?ve as a person? How many complaints has staff been receiving over this issue? I'm just curious. All you are doing is keeping the common player base from participating in ?go base who have NO OTHER MEANS to base. Go base is NOT some LEET VET only arena and never was intended to be. You guys want to have "leet" basing then do it in ?to twbd but do NOT start this exclusion bs. This is a FAKE COMPLAINT imo in order to seize control of a PUBLIC arena and is NOT an issue that has been causing any real problems. By the way qan.. you realize Ogron/Claushouse has been RAGE QUITTING during games leaving a team a man down when HE has a temper tantrum because of losing. Give no quarter to this punk ass. In fact I'd recommend him NOT being on a special list if one is made.

Leave a comment:

• Rab
    replied
    Jessup by saying that you demonstrate you don't understand the issue. Which implies if a go base game is Jessup vs Ogron, Ogron is going to win before the game even starts.

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Who the fuck is so noob they can't add a line for ?go base. My name better be on this list of vets. What a joke idea. If you know how to /!cap in 2019 you know how to /!add player:3 .. This is a BS idea that serves no purpose other than to EXCLUDE players from playing. Terrible idea!

Leave a comment:

• qan
    replied
    The code for this is in, so just need the list now.

Leave a comment:

• qan
    replied
    Here's one issue: 30 seconds from when? For example, the first person to !cap would need to be on the list, presumably. Then 30 seconds would pass in which another vet can !cap. What happens if there's no vet around to !cap the first time? Gets into grayer territory. Is a hold placed on their !cap, and after 30 seconds it's active? I guess just having a 30s delay on all non-vet caps would work. It could send a msg to the arena saying: "X wants to cap. If a pre-approved cap would prefer to cap, please !cap now." (Better to call them "pre-approved" than "vet", I think...)

And then I'd just need a list of pre-approved captains (preferably all on one line, separated by commas, and with no spaces except in the names themselves.... e.g. Name1,Name 2,Name3, etc). So you guys would have to hash out the cutoff, whether it's 7 or 8 stars or some other criterion.

Leave a comment:

• ogron
    replied
    Don't really think we'd need an updated list, there's no influx of new veteran basers.

And if the whitelist effect only takes place for 30 seconds after the previous game finished, it avoids the issue of not being able to get ?go base going.

The major issue is when it's active, trolls and newbies do !cap and add horribly unbalanced lines and kill the momentum and waste 15 minutes. That 30 seconds would give veterans a chance to cap to prevent this. If no one on the whitelist does !cap, then anyone should be able to claim and get it going.

Famous last words, but seems foolproof!

Leave a comment:

• Tha -X- killah
    replied
    Personally I have always found basing the one thing that is pretty much always fun, regardless of whether you are getting stomped. Also I can see the occasional david vs goliath match being fun in terms of being a challenge for the weaker team.
    Therefore I'm not sure whether this is the best solution. At least my fear would be that base becomes quite elitist in this way, which in turn may scare off new and less experienced players.

In my opinion it would be better for the captains to take the responsibility for making sure that the teams are somewhat balanced, and thus not always go for the best lineup possible for your own team.
    Proper trolls should however be punished, I'll agree to that. So I'm thinking it may be better to enforce something like a banlist and/or lto add leaver penalties.

Leave a comment:

• Rab
    replied
    Nominate was enough of a barrier it stopped games from happening. It must not come back.

Leave a comment:

• qan
    replied
    We used to require !nominate in base before a player could become a cap. It was switched to just straight !cap fairly recently. !nominate isn't foolproof (just requires one more person to be in on it in order to sabotage) but it's likely to lead to better caps than we have now. As it's already implemented, it would be a very easy change if you guys think it'd create an improvement.

Creating a list of acceptable captains could also work, though I'd worry about maintaining that list. It's also another feature, so it would go in the hopper and then get added when there's time.

Leave a comment:

• Heaven
    replied
    agreed. bad captains can ruin the fun for 16+ people killing off the momentum. in the same thread i really think we should ban specials from ?go base. it's incredibly boring with excessive tks with specials... ruins the game almost.

Leave a comment:

• ogron
    replied
    Originally posted by Rab View Post
    Yeah sometimes it's easy to see who's gonna win from the lineup. So I agree. I'd be tempted to require 8*.
    yeah that might be better. anything would be an improvement at this point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X