elim ping maximum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elim ping maximum

for this competitive arena, can we limit ping to something reasonable? (<200ms)

Agreed

Comment

what's the limit now? hard to believe it would be more than 200ms... lol

Comment

Lag limits are somewhat more complicated than a single number. How much is allowed as spike vs average, levels allowed on packetloss, etc. We also have only one server, which is unusual for a game these days, so people connect from all around the world to the same place, some with rather high average ping.

I'll have to check the exact numbers. I'm imagining the lag limits are set fairly loose, as while elim is competitive, it's not meant to be particularly strict or exclusive.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Elim should not be so strict. It is one of the only places players who are twd or twl denied due to lag can play.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Are we still on Hopone? As each jump increased the ping for those who where further away from the server. A high ping is not too bad if it is constant and doesn't spike.
            "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
            • Shark
            • Dicer
            • Sager
            • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Yep, spiking and packetloss are more a problem than steady latency, which is far more predictable and thus shows better on screen of enemies.

I checked lag limits and they were a little bit high compared to most other arenas. Hadn't been updated in some time. Lowered slightly, which should prevent really terrible connections from playing but not affect people with normal or even slightly subpar connections who are outside the US.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Plz tell us the numbers so we can discuss it.

Comment

Age old trick in elim. If you see someone lagging, just type /!lag turban (insert name) ...it will check them and spec them if they are having X above X (insert limits). Did this a few days ago and worked like a charm.
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

That's why we need to know what the limits are. I use that feature on the bot and it tells me the person is laggy as fuck, then it doesn't spec them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      Plz tell us the numbers so we can discuss it.
                      Is rab sure he wants to discuss? or does he mean ?ignore everyone who disagrees with him and beg qan to listen? If so, he should just PM qan imo.

Also yeah probably good to have transparency and release the lag limit values? Does the bot say?

Comment

Working...
                      X