No announcement yet.

Elim Season 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I threw in the +1 vote idea for the underdog if the last 2 games have been a certain gametype, so hopefully that will mix things up a bit.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Can we get the elim board updated on the bottom of the trenchwars.org homepage?
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Can we put a lagout limit in elim please? Recently seeing these laggers sputtering out over and over and coming back in what seems like unlimited lagouts. Is there a lagout limit set in place? If not we need one because it doesn't seem like there is. 3 lagouts like twd seems more than reasonable.

edit: if there is a limit of 3 set in place forgive me, I just never lag out so have never seen it.
        Last edited by Jessup; 03-11-2019, 12:22 AM.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Updated frontpage. Sadly that's a manual update. Need to modify it so that it gets the current season from the table rather than a magic number.

Regarding lagouts, yes, a player is allowed 3.

We had been talking about tightening some of the lag limits, possibly. They're fairly tough to begin with, though, at least on latency. Packetloss they're a bit too forgiving on.

Current:
          Code:
           CurPing=300
           AvePing=300
           S2CPloss=3
           C2SPloss=3
           WeaponPloss=3
           SlowS2C=5
           SlowC2S=5
           Med=75
           SpikeCount=5
          I'd propose something like:
          Code:
           CurPing=300
           AvePing=290
           S2CPloss=1.5
           C2SPloss=1.5
           WeaponPloss=1
           SlowS2C=4
           SlowC2S=4
           Med=50
           SpikeCount=5
          Ping is not such a worry if steady. Packetloss can be quite troublesome, though. SlowS2C/C2S are essentially spikes (number of slow packets allowed), and Med covers the averages of spikes over time.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

AvePing should be 200

Comment

That's utterly absurd. It would effectively ban anyone outside US/EU from playing, including those with top-of-the-line connections in their countries.

Comment

as far as voting goes, just give the 'losing' ship additional vote weight the next round. for round 1, all votes weigh 1, lets assume wbs were voted that go. next round, weigh wb votes still at 1 and javs at 1.5 each or something. that way if votes were pretty close on the equal weight, that will tip the scales in favor of the opposite ship. if the votes were still way off, the wbs will continue anyway. just increase the weight progressively if the same ship gets voted time after time. after the opposite ship finally gets voted in, reset to equal weight.

dunno how coding of that works, but it should give the smaller population the chance to change the tide from time to time without totally disregarding overwhelming favor of one ship.

i dont see the drawback to aliasing tbh, probably some things to sort through at the end of the season i guess, but up until that point, who cares? maybe there are parts of that i dont understand.

maybe change the win bonus to be a function of both the total number of kills you have as well as including something about the beginning game population. getting 10 kills in a game with 17 people at the start is far from impressive, but getting 10 kills in a game with 4 people is approaching something decent. im not sure the exact solution but i dont see a problem with trying to slightly reduce rewards to players that play ... 'passive' is a good word for it

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                  Not suggesting we disallow playing on aliases (though it could be looked at if many people prefer that approach). Just saying it doesn't seem reasonable to have the advantage of playing on an alias yet receive recognition on your main - regardless of the extra difficulties you'd encounter playing on your main. The reason being that otherwise, as Ease said, in order to compete you would essentially need to alias.
                  Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                  i dont see the drawback to aliasing tbh, probably some things to sort through at the end of the season i guess, but up until that point, who cares? maybe there are parts of that i dont understand.
                  Aliasing, you should definitely not get recognition on your main name. Aliasing has more advantages than it does disadvantages and should be treated as such. You can play many games on an alias before people figure out A) this guy is good, let's suicide him B) let's troll our friend and hunt him. I could make a list of people as long as this thread that see me and try and suicide me for shits and giggles and that's just the way it is. When you're on an alias, you do not have that same problem nearly as much. my 2 cents on that matter
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Any plans to make !late use the 2nd highest deaths instead of highest?

Was a great idea by Rab, and should be implemented.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

I still feel like 2nd most deaths has potential for abuse. But, I suppose we could try it and just risk it? Anyone object?

Also, is there anyone who would be heartbroken if we disabled KillRace? It's always felt more like an event than Elim, and doesn't really serve much of a purpose other than remaining true to how we've always done things.

Comment

I don't like killrace but I think many do lol.. if we could find a fair way to set it in ladder I wouldn't mind it I guess.

ps. why does elim say game is starting and I always go to arena and it is underway and I have to /!late in usually at least 1 death behind. It used to give players plenty of time to join once the advert took place. It is super late notifications it seems
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I still feel like 2nd most deaths has potential for abuse. But, I suppose we could try it and just risk it? Anyone object?

Also, is there anyone who would be heartbroken if we disabled KillRace? It's always felt more like an event than Elim, and doesn't really serve much of a purpose other than remaining true to how we've always done things.
                          Worth trying the 2nd most deaths, definitely. Also, I would really like to see KillRace removed/disabled from Elim, doesn't belong there in my opinion and the quality of the games are lowered substantially. Really appreciate the communication with the community and the hard work you have put forth for our enjoyment Qan, keep it up. Thanks a lot.

-Ixa

Comment

Trying out 2nd highest deaths for !late. (If the elim is 1v1, it will still use the highest # of deaths, though.)

KillRace has also been removed for the time being. It can be fun, but it's not what keeps people playing.

Comment

Trying out 2nd highest deaths for !late. (If the elim is 1v1, it will still use the highest # of deaths, though.)

KillRace has also been removed for the time being. It can be fun, but it's not what keeps people playing.
                              what did you think about the idea to give votes more weight the longer that ship is unplayed?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Seems smart. Increase by .2 or so every time, something like that? Would balance itself out naturally. At the moment it's just providing an extra vote when the other ship's been played twice in a row before.

Also, what happened to your sig image? Is a forum classic. Did the new version eat it?

Comment

Working...
                                X