No announcement yet.

Elim Season 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Qan, hope your well man. We found a bug today with your new 2nd highest death entry rework with the bot. Today there was some people playing and the highest death was 3. Someone did !late and they entered on 3 (not the 2nd highest). A person joined after they did and they entered on 4 (now has more lives than rest). Another joined after him and they had 5. BIET was there and corrected the bot, am sure you were made aware of this malfunction but thought I'd lay it here for you just in case.

Curious. Why is there a voting system in elim anyways? I only play warbird but I wouldn't be opposed to it going wb - jav -wb - jav, giving a round for each ship spread out equally. Say it's all wb's on and no one wants to play jav, they don't enter and the next round starts off wb and vice versa. I'd even be down for removing votes on deaths and having it all be automated. Under 8 people, 5 lives each, 8+ people 10 lives each. Anyways, just was thinking about this and how sometimes voting against peers pisses them off, I know it does me when elim gets jav locked. Thought it might be nice if it was split 100% fair that it might make everyone happier. Just an idea, most likely dumb but never hurts to throw it out!

Thanks for everything. Cheers!

-Ixa

Comment

To prevent confusion, I put in a fix for the betting system, not the bug that you mentioned. Thanks for posting it though!

About the voting system. It might be nice to have it alternate between ships as long as you can 'skip' the ship whenever there aren't any players willing to play it. Otherwise I think it is crucial to have some form of player input to suit the crowd at a particular moment. A set system might be the most consistent way of doing it, but will also slow things down. That being said however, if people can vote for deaths for alternating jav / wb / jav / wb / .. and skip a ship by not entering, or voting, it might be a nice middle ground. Would anyone actually like this to be tested?

Comment

Voting for deaths is pointless. The votes scale based on number of players so it can be automated.

Comment

Rotating ships is a bad idea. It will probably kill momentum of elim in general if you have to switch back in forth. Many times there are more wbs or more javs who want to keep playing. I think the balancing with the extra vote system will correct the certain ship running elim. If you got 10 javs and 3 wbs...you should cater to the javs and not switch and make 3 people happy and lose 6 and vise versa. The deaths though could work well with number limits. Super annoying to have 3 wb or javs playing to 10. Should have some sort of requirement. That being said, you need to fix the ratings system not to cater to 10 deaths games. That is a main reason people vote 10 because a 20-8 game is worth more than a 12-3 game (not exact number, but somewhat accurate).
          1:waven> u challenge
          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

With Season 9 complete, we now have our first look at the Elim World Championship ladders for both WB and Jav, as well as another Season to add to the Elim map.

Season 10 will run until June 15th, and be the 2nd of 4 elim seasons that count towards the EWC qualification.

If you're trying to get into the EWC Finals, you're mathematically guaranteed a spot with 40 Championship Points across Seasons 9/10/11/12 (A #1 or #2 finish in any single season will result in automatic qualification given they produce 40 or 50 points.)

Good luck to everyone in Season 10!

Click image for larger version

Name:	RgryuZx.png
Views:	66
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	1317838
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Don't think anything'll change in the next 3 or so hours, but haven't yet been able to end the new season, as it happened while bots were down. If I'd had the foresight I'd have done it while things were offline, but unfortunately all of my time has been devoted to trying to get us back up the last week.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Thanks for turning out this slick graphic! Regardless of the standings we go with the current version is up.

Here are the differences between website standings (now) and standings as of the 15th.

There's nothing wrong with going with either. The issue with going with the standings now is that the season was supposed to end earlier, but an outage prevented the last day or so being played. Also, some players may not have had a chance to play on returning, giving certain players who are in the know about the zone coming back up a chance to play a few extra games.

The issue with going with the standings of April 15 are that they'll appear different from the site. But that's maybe not such a big deal, as most players understand there was an outage at the time. Also, it didn't affect the Championship points, as each of the places swapped earn the same number of points. So this is where I would lean toward, especially as the graphic is already done.

Differences:

WB
                Zapata 13->14
                Doughnut 14->13

morph 16->15
                Jessup 15->16

bitsaver 19->20
                Myollnir 20->19

Jav
                Identical
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Robo Ref> We're playing Jav elim to 5 w/ shrap. 4 players left (and 1 practicing). PM with !late to enter.

Just had a game that flagged turban as practicing for no apparent reason, and it denied him the win.
                  What is practicing anyway and how do you do it? Nothing in !help about it.

Comment

Can we please remove the x radar on javs in elim. It really causes issues for players by draining energy with accidental hits of it and is pointless. It should be removed completely from jav in Elim ,Twd, Twl, Twdt and in Tsl. No reason to have it in arenas with no cloakers around.

Terr should have it removed in basing games where no cloakers are used too.
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Making x-radar in terr not cost energy in TWLB would be fantastic, so you can prevent yourself from double-warping.

Right now it doesnt drain, but if you get EMP'd, it drains your energy, and so it's not ideal.

Would be a nice Quality of life improvement for terr.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                        Robo Ref> We're playing Jav elim to 5 w/ shrap. 4 players left (and 1 practicing). PM with !late to enter.

Just had a game that flagged turban as practicing for no apparent reason, and it denied him the win.
                        What is practicing anyway and how do you do it? Nothing in !help about it.
                        Any more info about when this happened? Turban Hard to track down. From a quick look at the code, my guess is that he was in practice mode from the start of the round/didn't receive a notification?

First I've heard of something like this happening. Practice mode is a now-disabled feature that allowed players to play in practice arenas after they were eliminated, to give them something to do while they waited for the next match. But it ended up being confusing because it wasn't clear who was in or out of the match, and how many players remained. Anyhow, small tweak in that may fix it.

For removing Jav XRadar/making it 0 cost for Terrs in basing arenas, it seems uncontroversial. Anyone have any reason why it shouldn't be done?

Comment

No more info about the scenario. Seemed like a normal round to me. Probably best to just remove the code for practice mode.

I though it was the fact that x radar costs energy that prevents the warp (because you need full nrg to warp) so if it costs 0 it wouldn't prevent warp? But yeah if it would actually work then it's a positive change. As with every basing change I ask that it's made consistently in all basing arenas, the divergence between basing arenas is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                            Any more info about when this happened? Turban Hard to track down. From a quick look at the code, my guess is that he was in practice mode from the start of the round/didn't receive a notification?

First I've heard of something like this happening. Practice mode is a now-disabled feature that allowed players to play in practice arenas after they were eliminated, to give them something to do while they waited for the next match. But it ended up being confusing because it wasn't clear who was in or out of the match, and how many players remained. Anyhow, small tweak in that may fix it.

For removing Jav XRadar/making it 0 cost for Terrs in basing arenas, it seems uncontroversial. Anyone have any reason why it shouldn't be done?
                            qan

Not really much more information to give.

I entered an elimination round twice during the voting period and proceeded to play normally. Unfortunately for some reason the bot did not register me as a regular player in the elimination round, but instead I was put in a practice mode. This happened twice in a row, and thus as an attempt to fix it ended up using !late command to force the bot to add me into the game. This fixed my issue and haven't had any problems since.

As far as the second point goes, I would recommend lowering the energy drain of X-Radar to be as low as possible so you still use some energy as many find it helpful to have 1499 energy which prevents double warping. Javelin does not need X-Radar in any competitive arena as none of the used ships can use Stealth or Cloak.

.. and, as an added suggestion, we could perhaps enable the ability to see bombs in Elimination arenas on radar. It would add another layer of skill, especially for lower resolution players, as you could see a bomb approaching on the radar.

Comment

I do see the logic allowing x radar to stay for terrs in base because it prevents double warps. As ogron says removing the EMP drain factor while x radar is on is the real drawback. Keep EMP times due to proximity of explosions but stop the drain!

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

tucker> yo we need to add RPS to elim too

qft

Comment

Working...
                                X