IDEA: Gambling in Elim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDEA: Gambling in Elim

Another idea from Tiny. The ability to bet on the outcome in Elim.

Here are two thoughts that might be interesting to see.

1) As the game starts there is a 1 minute betting period where you place your bet on who might win in the end. If you win you get 3x pubbux returned for your ability to predict the outcome. Additional multipliers for providing the correct rec?

2) When 2 players remain the betting system activates and the frenzy begins as everyone makes their bets on the final 2.
    The feature seems to be appreciated in pub dueling so why not bring it over to a more suitable arena.

What do you think?

Dev work required
    Bot functionality
    Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

thumbs up

Comment

I vote no. There's already too much green text in tw in general, especially pub and elim. I don't want more green text.

Comment

I like this idea. People get bored in spec and this could relieve the tedious wait.. nice idea.

Plus I like I could line everyones pockets with mulla as I am such a great bet! It almost wouldn't even be fair :P lol

I kid ...just having a little fun , My haters can relax
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          I vote no. There's already too much green text in tw in general, especially pub and elim. I don't want more green text.
          It could all happen in spec chat, since everyone involved will be watching, not playing
          Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post

It could all happen in spec chat, since everyone involved will be watching, not playing
            Yes, the bot talks in yellow so it could be programmed for betting in yellow. less pub talk
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I was actually thinking to hold an elim tourney and buy the winner a game on steam at a $30 budget. But I could only do that once a year. I was thinking maybe TW staff could do events like this with a portion of the donation money that they receive set aside like $100. Could maybe have ten $10 tournaments, either gift a game on steam or paypal the money.

I guess you could ask that everyone in the tourney donate $5 to participate. But that's just a hassle to setup, and you need someone to manage the funds and I doubt it would work. So I figured it was best to make the reward a complete gift, no buy in necessary.

Comment

They were people in spectator yesterday talking about the final 3 players in and betting on who would win. With the bot already dealing in pub bucks, would it be hard to implement something like this qan?
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

The way the elim bot currently handles pubbux transitions is pretty basic, but should be able to handle betting. All pubbux transaction go through pubsystem. The entire process would look something like this:

1. Player places bet with :robo ref:!bet playername:betamount (could add parameters later on)
                  2. Robo ref sends this info to pubsystem.
                  3. Pubsystem checks if player has sufficient funds to make the bet.
                  4. Pubsystem either sends a message back that the money was deducted, or inform the player of insufficient funds plus how much the player does have.
                  5. Robo ref keeps all bets until a winner emerges.
                  6. Robo ref sends a message back to pubsystem, of every player with a winning bet, with the amount.
                  7. Pubsystem adds this amount to the players total in the database.
                  8. Either robo ref or pubsystem informs the player of their win, amount, new balance, or any other relevant stat.
                  9. Robo ref clears bets and the process starts again.

This could all be done with just bot changes. If players would also like a record of their betting history it would get a little more complicated as it has to be added to multiple systems.

Pub currently has a betting system that allows bets like 100$-50000$. I'd propose to raise the minimum to 10000$ and keep the 50k max for now.

Would betting be allowed until !late entries are disabled, or after a certain amount of time, or only start when there are 4 or fewer left?

Should the bot announce when a player makes a bet (in spec chat), or just PM the player? A betting lounge, basically a private spec freq, is also an option.

Would a basic version work as a starting point? Keep the ideas coming!

Comment

Working...
                  X