Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should get ship skins?

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
    Tiny came to be recently with some cool ideas. Some may have been talked about in the past. Let's get the discussion started up again and see if any make sense for implementation. I?ll make a separate thread for each.

Since removing spider, lev, and all the other ships from Elim we are left with Warbird and Javelin as the primary ships. This opens up ships 3-8 for customization. We can use these 6 remaining ships as customized Warbird and Javelin ships unlockable by winners. We are thinking about shiny gold, silver and bronze variations of the warbird and javelin.

You can see some examples of what we're talking about in ?go rockjavs or ?go javtown

How Do You Get To Use These Ships?

There are a few options.

1) Maybe you can use the ships at any time throughout the season if you are ranked #1 (gold), #2 (silver) or #3 (bronze). This provides an incentive for players to want to play more, increase their rank.

2) Same as above but with more flexible tiers. Rank #1-5 can use golden warbird. 6-10 silver etc.

3) These ships could be reserved for winners of the actual season rather than the current rank at the time. So if you see a player flying around in Elim as a golden warbird you know they ranked highly in the previous season, and that ship acts as a medal of honor for that achievement.

Dev Work Required:

- Graphics needed for shiny gold, silver and bronze warbird & jav.
    - Edited ships.bm2 or individual shipx.bm2, bundled into lvz and uploaded.
    - Bot functionality, depending on how we decide to award these ships to players.

If this concept is well received it could also apply to TWD, and TWL arenas.

I'm sure this has been talked about before but what do you think?

Example

Here's an example from javtown. Imagine this but in a shiny gold, silver, bronze.

You don't have to use the skins, but if you earn them, they will be usable.
    1-5 6-10 11-15
    33.33%
    1-5 6-15 16-30
    25.00%
    1-10 11-20 21-30
    0%
    1-3 4-10 11-25
    41.67%
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

i definitely prefer it's a previous season win, vs actively representing your rank now, and once you win one, you get to keep it.

Comment

1-5, 6-10, 11-15 makes the most sense based on the list.

11-25 is ridiculous, there's literally players who are negative in that range.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
        1-5, 6-10, 11-15 makes the most sense based on the list.

11-25 is ridiculous, there's literally players who are negative in that range.
        What if it made people 'fight' more for the 11-25 spots than previous seasons? I think the ultimate goal is to increase activity, and this would promote activity over skill to some degree. People playing the games keeps the zone running, not skill alone. If you really want to reward skill and consistency, make the spread 1, 2-5, 6-10 or even 1, 2, 3. I think the spread of 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 isn't rewarding and differentiating the top spots enough and isn't promoting activity as much by only rewarding 15 players.

Comment

The more limited the better.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.
          . â–²
          ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post

What if it made people 'fight' more for the 11-25 spots than previous seasons? I think the ultimate goal is to increase activity, and this would promote activity over skill to some degree. People playing the games keeps the zone running, not skill alone. If you really want to reward skill and consistency, make the spread 1, 2-5, 6-10 or even 1, 2, 3. I think the spread of 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 isn't rewarding and differentiating the top spots enough and isn't promoting activity as much by only rewarding 15 players.
            this

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post

That's a fair point.

I guess it depends what your goals are.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Just sell the skins for pubbux

Comment

Make 4 categories for skins.

Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze.

Platinum 1-2
                  Gold 3-5
                  Silver 6-10
                  Bronze 11-20

This way you have high echelons for the skilled players. But you retain some competitive play in the bronze category.

Could even have:

Diamond 1
                  Platinum 2
                  Gold 3-5
                  Silver 6-10
                  Bronze 11-20

Diamond might need some ship with glare/transparency to it, like glass? lol good luck.
                  Last edited by Falconeer; 03-14-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

The problem is that there are only 6 ship slots left we could use for special versions, so only 3 variations max of wb and jav unfortunately.

Could look at 'upgrading' a tier after getting the same tier in consecutive seasons, but I don't think that would really get the desired effect. Maybe giving access to skins below 15 will make them less valuable, but I think a lot of players would appreciate to get something in return of their effort, however bad they maybe. Plus it is still only a few percent that would get them. Otherwise 1, 2-3, 4-10 might be cool too. I personally like to reward the no. 1 individually and not have him share it with others in the same season, but it would require the right ship skin to really make it worth it.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that anyone with these skins may get hunted more (for personal reasons and because they're worth more in terms of points), so that people might earn them, but then elect not to use them, seeing them as a disadvantage, much like using your vet name is a disadvantage compared to using an alias. Would be a shame to spend the time implementing this only to have it go unused.

Thinking of this possibility, rather than awarding only top players, we could also have ships achievable by others.

Top 5 or 10 could still have the gold ship.

Other possible awards, mostly based on encouraging more elim activity than making the top spots (which realistically almost nobody can actually do):

- Over X elim wins
                      - Over X kills this season
                      - Maintaining a certain KD ratio after X games
                      - Special ship automatically given to last winner, only for the duration of the next game
                      - Has made 100% confidence or played X games this season (participation medal)
                      - Ironman; played X games in a row

Also, last one, wouldn't count on Wirah doing this. He seems to be swamped at work again or otherwise busy at the moment. So think we may need to look for another talented graphics artist to take it on. Actually, noticed fiS was back around ... maybe she's interested?
                      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Can always make it so when players vote jav, they are arena warped to a duplicate arena for jav. This way you have 7 slots free for ship skins. Lol

And yeah I'm actually saying to warp 30 people even those in spec, to new arena, and back again. Depending on if its wb or jav.

Comment

I think we shud allow new ships colors in all arenas once you earn them in elim. what qan says is true , you will get hunted more, it will be like putting a target on your back.
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

You can always make/change your default ship graphics if you so desire. I had a look at the download dump and found a ship rotator tool, which if it still works, would allow you to create new ship skin variant from a single angle. This could probably be done just as easily in photoshop however.

Would be cool if squads in TWLD/J could have their own ship design while playing a match. I?m not sure if the ship graphic could be individually changed while ingame, but it would make it a challenge to give everyone the same skins while also allowing their custom graphic skins.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                              So think we may need to look for another talented graphics artist to take it on. Actually, noticed fiS was back around ... maybe she's interested?
                              Hello everyone.
                              To be honest, I haven't followed the whole topic right now.

I would need to know what needs to be done to tell you if a. I am able to do it and b. if I have enough time to do it. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X