No announcement yet.

Who should get ship skins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fiS Basicaclly, we're talking about alternate ship skins for Elim. 3 Jav alts and 3 WB alts. It's a little tricky because you have to preserve the lighting, so simply applying a series of filters may not be enough (a few of us have tried it so far, but nothing quite "pops"/makes you say, "Ah, cool, I want to fly that more than the default"). So the job may need an actual graphic artist such as yourself. No pressure, but if it sounds like an interesting project, I think many people would enjoy and appreciate the end result for years to come. Also worth noting: the graphics could be reused in jd/dd/wbduel/javduel and a few other spots.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
      fiS Basicaclly, we're talking about alternate ship skins for Elim. 3 Jav alts and 3 WB alts. It's a little tricky because you have to preserve the lighting, so simply applying a series of filters may not be enough (a few of us have tried it so far, but nothing quite "pops"/makes you say, "Ah, cool, I want to fly that more than the default"). So the job may need an actual graphic artist such as yourself. No pressure, but if it sounds like an interesting project, I think many people would enjoy and appreciate the end result for years to come. Also worth noting: the graphics could be reused in jd/dd/wbduel/javduel and a few other spots.
      Gold, Silver and Bronze skins respectively. Or if not a whole skin? then some type of alteration to ships to signal gold,silver, bronze status...

Comment

So yea, the idea was to get something people wanted to use, and wanted to earn to bolster elim as it continues to be revamped. The idea initially, as qan and falconer was saying, was to take the 6 unused ships (since elim became wb/jav only) and create 3 javs and 3 wb ships (like in javtown/rockjavs) that people wanted to use, earn, flaunt...etc to add layers to elim by adding unlockable skins. The original idea was Gold/Silver/Bronze ships for 3 tiers of players (debating on the amount of players per teir atm), but opened up to 3 skins that were desirable, as the gold/silver/bronze ship just looks like dipped ships and very plastic looking, so we opened up to the idea of good looking ship skins with some sort of gold/silver/bronze lining or detail that showed they were that color/tier as opposed to full on one color. Going to post in another thread.
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Working...
        X