Borrowing in TWD is so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borrowing in TWD is so good

Shoutout to everyone on the dev team who worked on the bots and got the !borrow feature running, then increasing the amount allowed in response to feedback.

It's crazy how good the feature is and how much it has helped activity and TWD.

Kudos!
    top 100 basers list

+1

Comment

Saw a game today that said spastics vs marksmin in javelin.

It was two rage players and 1 spastics (nowon) vs 3 marksmin. Rage won the game.

Good stuff when another team can win games for another team... maybe borrowing all players from 1 squad shouldn't be a thing?

Comment

Agree! Borrowing has been a life saver. Curious, has TWD D and J borrow limits been increased? I haven't tested it yet but that would be amazing stuff. If people are going to be playing without teammates ie. 1 squad borrows 2 non-squaddies, might as well allow them to borrow 1 more just because the quality of 3v3 is godawful. Would love to rid this game of 3v3 gameplay altogether. Lately with the activity boost, getting 4's and 5's has been breezy but there are still times where being able to borrow 3 would be great just to get a 4v4 or ideally, a 5v5 game going. Cheers and great work!

-Ixa

Comment

Incidentally, on your profile page on the TWD website, it doesn't show stats or recent games for games you were borrowed in, would be cool if it could.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Undeserved, though. Borrowing was an idea that snowballed over years of many people in the community brainstorming ways to try and save TWD. It was just the most successful one implemented. I put the code in but I don't deserve the credit. Thanks to everyone who kept turning the problem over in their mind until we found something that works.

Looks like borrowed matches not showing on recent games was a slight bug, didn't realize. Tried a fix but it's showing strange behavior due to the very strong link between users and squad in the TWD database. Will need to look at it more closely later on.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

yeah props Qan! it gets a lot of good games going lately, esp in bd.

also great to see squads rather use 4 borrows and play 8v8 then 6v6 with just their own. good stuff.

dunno what the limits are in borrowing? are there any, if so what are they and why?

Comment

Can always look at raising the limit again if you guys think it doesn't have any disadvantages. The risk is becoming too much like BWJS if it could be just a single person on each squad and the rest borrows, but if it gets games going it's hard to argue against.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I would suggest moving it back to 4v4 for now since tw is getting a boost of activity. Also, It is kind of ridiculous to have 1 player challenge and borrow 2. Should have to have at least equal players from both borrowed and non-borrowed. 3v3 is also very different from 4v4 and 5v5, and with twl, it should line up more with the leagues imo.
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

i just find it strange a majority of a team can be borrows but it counts as a win for a squad. when spastics has 1 player and borrows 3 rage players i would have the bot call it world vs marksmin or rage vs marksmin. instead the bot is registering that as spastics vs. marksmin. just some bot coding needs to be done to fix that imo, but it's up to you guys if you think that's an issue or not.

Comment

I love borrowing.. on off season.. Doing borrows now is pretty bad honestly. I'm tired of squads using the best players in arena while my squad is using our true line. It skews ladder, it skews pre twl practice, We should have restraints on when and how borrows should be used. Yes in theory it helps with activity.. but it has some serious drawbacks too.
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                        I love borrowing.. on off season.. Doing borrows now is pretty bad honestly. I'm tired of squads using the best players in arena while my squad is using our true line. It skews ladder, it skews pre twl practice, We should have restraints on when and how borrows should be used. Yes in theory it helps with activity.. but it has some serious drawbacks too.
                        lmao this guy rip

Comment

no changes needed atm, tw in a better place. ride it out

Comment

I fail to see what is so funny hulk. It is a very annoying feature when you have a squad trying to borrow who have enough people on their squad to play the game but would rather borrow instead to gain an advantage. If squads have enough they should not be allowed borrows. I'd like to see a change implemented. Borrowing should be a LAST RESORT.

I love the fact when you don't have enough to play that it is an option but there is abuse that is taking place using the borrow feature at the same time.
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                              yeah props Qan! it gets a lot of good games going lately, esp in bd.

also great to see squads rather use 4 borrows and play 8v8 then 6v6 with just their own. good stuff.

dunno what the limits are in borrowing? are there any, if so what are they and why?
                              I believe its 2 in dd and jd, 4 in base. But this is 'easy' to bypass. Like i played with 6 borrows few weeks ago in 8v8 base. If you send out 20 requests before the max amount is accepted by opponent, you could play with 20 borrowed people.

Comment

Working...
                              X