Borrowing in TWD is so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    I fail to see what is so funny hulk. It is a very annoying feature when you have a squad trying to borrow who have enough people on their squad to play the game but would rather borrow instead to gain an advantage. If squads have enough they should not be allowed borrows. I'd like to see a change implemented. Borrowing should be a LAST RESORT.

I love the fact when you don't have enough to play that it is an option but there is abuse that is taking place using the borrow feature at the same time.
    Well, just like anything competitive in life, you only get better when you play against better opponents and play more often. Who cares who gets borrowed. You need to improve and stop your fucking bitching.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post

Well, just like anything competitive in life, you only get better when you play against better opponents and play more often. Who cares who gets borrowed. You need to improve and stop your fucking bitching.
      90% of the game is decision making and motivation. Skill comes in aim/dodge ability, which isn't that hard to achieve after 1000 hours of gameplay. Most of the 'get good' is subjective and lost in team based gameplay where players on a team can elevate you based on how you work together (decision making again). Please stop telling people to get good, or get skill. They have it, they probably achieved skill 1 year after they downloaded the game back in 1997. You should be saying use your brain, start playing smarter. etc. Apply tactics/strategy, (since you likely already know it) and get motivated.

Motivation is the biggest one... some people don't care what others think of them so they will never apply themselves 24/7 or in every match they play. I definitely don't try unless it's league, never have, never will, and I don't care what people think of me either. when i do an elim and lose 5-10 its because i'm 100% fucking around, and probably eating at the same time too. If I did care what people think I wouldn't have been a troll for 20 years. People who find it all important to achieve at 120% all the time... and go 16-7 in every game probably have a low self esteem and big ego. I call them 110 percenters. I'm a 2 percenter except when it matters.

also skill is perception based, since this is a social game.. why do you think people go around saying "EZ" after every kill? only so they feel good? it's not just meant to put other players down, it's meant to tell everyone who reads it that you are good and the other person is bad, to raise the public opinion of your skill... so people admire you... something else i don't do... seek admiration rofl.
      Last edited by Falconeer; 03-21-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post

Exactly. Who cares. Which is why I am hoping we can rid 3v3 from this game for D and J. Seems BD's are good with the amounts but I think it would be great to just unlock them all for every division ie. no limit. It will only translate into more games, more people playing and better quality games.

One thing I recommend is to not allow squads with say under 4-5 rostered to borrow, to prevent people from making a squad by themselves and relying on nothing but borrows to play (Borrowverse, Gladiator lol), dunno just an idea that slipped to mind, basically just need something to curtail abusing the system. Goal is to create for least J and D, 5v5 on the regular. 3v3 is akin to killrace in elim, just doesn't belong and the quality of the games are substantially lessened compared to 4v4 or 5v5. Let's do it!

-Ixa

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          Incidentally, on your profile page on the TWD website, it doesn't show stats or recent games for games you were borrowed in, would be cool if it could.
          Borrowed games also aren't including in the counts on the Free Agents page.
          I've been playing a lot and winning a lot, but unless they were there there's no way for people to know.

Comment

Added a ticket for both of these. Unfortunately due to the way the query's currently structured, it relies on the association between a team ID and the match ID, and the player's most-recently-joined squad. The restructure would be to instead rely on the match player entries themselves, ignoring teams.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Test

Comment

I love borrowing.. on off season.. Doing borrows now is pretty bad honestly. I'm tired of squads using the best players in arena while my squad is using our true line. It skews ladder, it skews pre twl practice, We should have restraints on when and how borrows should be used. Yes in theory it helps with activity.. but it has some serious drawbacks too.
                Only you could care about the TWD ladder during TWL. If anything, you should be happy you can practice vs good opponents.
                TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
                4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
                4:vys> know it for sure
                4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

Zazu I was making a point that borrowing has drawbacks relating to the true representation of a squad's abilities and how it skews the TWD ladder. If we remove the TWD ladder completely it would be entirely another thing. Why do we even have a ladder that represents games with borrows? It is FAKE NEWS lol.
                  Are you saying the TWD ladder is a true representation of a squads lineup if they are borrowing the best players in the arena constantly?

Refute that dude lol.
                  TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                  TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Zazu I was making a point that borrowing has drawbacks relating to the true representation of a squad's abilities and how it skews the TWD ladder. If we remove the TWD ladder completely it would be entirely another thing. Why do we even have a ladder that represents games with borrows? It is FAKE NEWS lol.
                    Are you saying the TWD ladder is a true representation of a squads lineup if they are borrowing the best players in the arena constantly?

Refute that dude lol.
                    Nothing to refute with your comments, you are akin to Falconeer but I have more respect for him sadly because unlike you he puts effort into the post he submits and tries to make valid points from logical standpoints. Top it off, he's not even an active TWD player and isn't from the zone. You've been from TW since 2000 or someshit and you are still without a clue on the needs for this game 19 years later. Borrowing is what has saved TWD, it's precious ladder and the only game you can afford to play. And if we stopped borrowing altogether to make you happy, guess what? Paladen still wouldn't have a representation on the TWD ladder because there is nothing to represent, your steamy garbage of a squad and it's players have no abilities in the first place. lol get over yourself.

You are such a shit head when it comes to just about everything these days, going out of your way to disagree on everything, borrowing included and it's perplexing as to why but no one understands your thought process and many more care less to attempt to.

I'd also like to say that if you have problem with borrowing, just don't fucking do it unlike what you have been doing. Instead your on a mission to ruin it by asking to borrow players like Best or Peru when squads need 1-2 players then refusing to accept their borrows of ANYONE, resulting into lopsided teams for you to take advantage of (2vs4, 3vs5, w/e). Best part is you talk shit post game on how bad their team is after laming them LOL.

What a fucking douchebag you've become, all stemming from not getting your way or because people don't agree with you. You're so petty and put on this front your out to protect people and shit, yet when someone else is being made fun of who hasn't personally sucked you off, you stay quiet or even join in. Eat shit you bottom feeder.

No need to reply either, tired of reading your constant nonsense. You'll go on ignore with Falc. See you!

-Ixa

Comment

Rofl wtf was that grasps. Don't you have another person to find to throw under the bus you unscrupulous asshat? Your starting logic about me is complete BS and a TOTAL mischaracterization. Thanks for the laugh though.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Rofl wtf was that grasps. Don't you have another person to find to throw under the bus you unscrupulous asshat? Your starting logic about me is complete BS and a TOTAL mischaracterization. Thanks for the laugh though.
                        you mean this, right?

Code:
                         Sweet wins round 1!
                        T     IxaDor> gj
                               Jones> gg
                              Jessup> lagasses
                        T      Jones> gg
                          MVP: Zapata!
                        T     IxaDor> they so hard
                          Current game standing of Paladen vs. Sweet: 0 - 1
                          Prepare for round 2
                          Captains, you have 3 minutes to set up your lineup correctly
                        T     IxaDor> xD
                        P      Jones> !add ixa
                          IxaDor in for Sweet
                        P  MatchBot1> Player IxaDor added to Sweet
                        P  MatchBot1> IxaDor has been idle for 9 seconds.
                        P      Jones> !add eric
                              Jessup> never seen more eats
                        P      Jones> !add jone
                          Eric Clapton in for Sweet
                        P  MatchBot1> Player Eric Clapton added to Sweet
                        P  MatchBot1> Eric Clapton has been idle for 14 seconds.
                          Jones in for Sweet
                        P  MatchBot1> Player Jones added to Sweet
                        P  MatchBot1> You've been put in the game
                        P  MatchBot1> Jones has been idle for 3 seconds.
                                Best> do 4s
                                Best> i wanna play :D
                               Jones> you win lagout column
                              IxaDor> you eat more sausages than anyone here jess, stfu
                               Jones> take a look in da mirror
                                Best> can i play?
                                Best> :>
                               Jones> best 4 paladen
                               Avale> bot not allowing me :(
                          Avale in for Paladen
                                Best> paladen borrow me?
                                Best> plz :>
                            Poseidon> cud b borrowed
                            Poseidon> 4v4
                                Best> 4v4 it
                          Jessup in for Paladen
                          Zapata in for Paladen
                                Best> we got boys here ready to fight
                        P      Jones> !addplayer
                        P (MatchBot1)>Jones sent a request to add an extra player to the opposing team.
                            Poseidon> rdy 2 murk
                            Poseidon> every1
                        T     IxaDor> good eyes jones, didn't see they had 3 lo's
                        P      Jones> !time
                                AFRI> borrow me pls
                               Jones> ?time
                          Time left: 1 minutes 4 seconds
                        P      Jones> !addtime
                          Sweet has requested an extra 2 minutes to submit their lineup.
                        P (MatchBot1)>Paladen requests to borrow Best. !approveborrow (!ab) Best to accept.
                          NOTICE: 1 minute remaining.
                            Poseidon> 5s
                        P      Jones> !ab best
                        P (MatchBot1)>Jones approved borrow of Best.
                          Best has joined Paladen for this game.
                               Roule> sounds nice
                            Poseidon> sweet borro me
                                AFRI> me pls
                        P      Jones> !borrow poseidon
                        P (MatchBot1)>Requesting to borrow Poseidon (by Jones)
                        C 3:ToK> im not here
                        C 3:ToK> just watching lol
                        C 3:Jones> YES YOU ARE
                        P (MatchBot1)>Both teams have agreed to add an extra player. Max players: 4
                          Best in for Paladen
                          NOTICE: 2 minutes remaining.
                        C 3:Jones> 3:Riverside> YOU WERE IN THE ARENA, AND THEN YOU PRONOUCNE YOU'RE NOT AFK IN RED CHAT   3:Riverside> ARE YOU THAT RETARDED, SERIOUSLY J12
                        C 3:ToK> im on a laptop just came in to say hello
                        P       AFRI> borrow
                        C 3:ToK> lol
                        C 3:ToK> hahahaha
                        P  MatchBot1> Removed request to borrow Poseidon.
                        P (MatchBot1)>Requesting to borrow Poseidon (by Jones)
                        C 3:ToK> im not afk im here to watch! :P
                          NOTICE: 1 minute remaining.
                               Jones> tok cant play
                            Poseidon> add me
                                AFRI> me pls
                               Avale> me me me
                            Poseidon> afri dookie
                            Poseidon> cud 5v5
                        T     IxaDor> sup tox
                        T     IxaDor> tok*
                                AFRI> u can only borrow 2
                        T        ToK> sup dawg
                               Jones> cant borrow 3 i think
                        T     IxaDor> nm man
                        T        ToK> u gonna ace this one
                               Jones> poseidon not allowed to be borrowed
                            Poseidon> y thsi rule
                          Time is up. Rosters are OK.
                          Both teams are ready, game starts in 30 seconds
                          Blueout has been enabled. Staff, please enable the !power command or do not speak in public chat.
                        T     IxaDor> ha doubt it xD
                        T      Jones> im gonna spec
                        E       AFRI> i win trivia so borrow me
                        T     IxaDor> I broke my kboard couple weeks back, been playin bad since
                        E   Poseidon> y cant i be borrowed
                        T      Jones> they didnt approve the borrow
                        T      Jones> fk this
                        E   Poseidon> by paladen or bot said i cant be?
                        T     IxaDor> srs? theyre so fkin lame
                        P  MatchBot1> Jones lagged out or manually specced
                          Go go go!
                        T   Poseidon> jones did paladen not let me or did bot say
                        T   Poseidon> i cant
                        P  MatchBot1> IxaDor lagged out or manually specced
                          IxaDor has changed to spectator mode - +1 death
                        T      Jones> paladen didnt approve
                        T      Jones> i specced
                        T   Poseidon> asshols
                        T      Jones> fk this
                        T     IxaDor> ya man
                          Zapata has changed to spectator mode - +1 death
                        T     IxaDor> paladen aint nothin but dick suckers, whole lot of em'
                        T   Poseidon> zapata why is ur squad so lame
                        T     IxaDor> well - zapa
                        T     IxaDor> lol
                        T     Zapata> I SEE IXADOR
                        T     Zapata> I SEE U
                        T     Zapata> lol
                        T     IxaDor> forget you there now, you squad hop so much
                        T   Poseidon> between jessup and j-b-inc ur drowning in fuksticks
                        T     IxaDor> LOL..
                        T     IxaDor> well said
                        T   Poseidon> jessup wud rather play a trash game than approve my borrow
                        T     IxaDor> they are legit fuckin up eric clapton too, they dont even care
                        T   Poseidon> nice
                        T     IxaDor> yea they are fuckin garbage man, disgusting shit
                        T      Roule> wbduel?
                        T       AFRI> ye
                        P        ToK> whats the deal?
                          A game of WBDUEL is starting! Type ?go wbduel to play. -WBDuelBot
                        P     IxaDor> they have 3 in, want to get back in?
                        P (Avale)>??
                        P     IxaDor> jessup will talk shit afterwards now that we could of played and they didnt lame us lmao
                        P        ToK> if u really actually need me ill go downstairs and turn on the desktop
                        P (MatchBot7)>Hone is challenging you for a game of 3vs3 TWJD versus Spider. Captains/assistants, ?go twjd and PM me with '!accept Spider'
                        P  MatchBot1> IxaDor lagged out or manually specced
                          IxaDor has changed to spectator mode - +1 death
                          Eric Clapton is out. 4 wins 10 losses
                        P      Jones> sorry not into playing 3v4 in this state
                          Blueout has been disabled. You can speak in public now.
                          [TWDD]  Paladen vs. Sweet                50 - 26                      04 Apr 2019 18:27:57
                          ,-------------------,-------K----D---R1-R2-R3-R4---Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
                          | Paladen          /       14 |  7 |  4  7  2  1 | 485 | 0 | Win (+24)              6:42 |
                          |-----------------'           |    |             |     |   |                             |
                          |  Avale                    3 |  2 |  1  1  1  0 | 105 | 0 |                             |
                          |  Best              <MVP>  6 |  3 |  2  3  1  0 | 114 | 0 |                             |
                          |  Jessup                   5 |  1 |  1  3  0  1 | 150 | 0 |                             |
                          |  Zapata                   0 |  1 |  0  0  0  0 | 116 | 0 |                             |
                          +-------------------,---------+----+-------------+-----+---+-----------------------------+
                          | Sweet            /        6 | 16 |  3  3  0  0 | 130 | 1 | Lose (-24)             6:42 |
                          |-----------------'           |    |             |     |   |                             |
                          |  Eric Clapton             4 | 10 |  1  3  0  0 |  73 | 0 | KO > Best              5:40 |
                          |  IxaDor                   2 |  6 |  2  0  0  0 |  57 | 1 |                             |
                          |  Jones                    0 |  0 |  0  0  0  0 |     | 0 |                             |
                          `--------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---#=DEATHS---'
                          Paladen wins round 2!
                              IxaDor> gg!
                        stfu jessup
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

lol so whats this prove exactly? You speced a game and forfeited a round? Poseidon was lagging so bad I refuse to play against him with that hax latency he was showing in elim right before the game. Look at the players we allow squads to borrow. Look at the stats in twdd who allows the most borrows. I guarantee it is Paladen. Cry me a river you guys lol.
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I admit I was angry going into round two as the bot was broken and I could not sub Avale in the game. I tried 8 times and each time it said wrongly Avale is not on your team when he was. I was getting a ton of eats too which pissed me off.

This is the real reason y'all are so pissed at me about that game.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

bot wasn't broken. you refused to allow our borrow which made it 3v4 in your favor. you won 3rd round fair and square. 2nd round yu ignored our borrow. which is what ixa talked about. he was right about you in his earlier post. im not allowing paladen to borrow ever again.
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

LOL wolf is the lamest squad in Trench Wars who has abused the borrow feature the most. Look at the borrow stats and how you all routinely have your line on IN the damn arena and still ask to borrow better people consistently.

Just last night you had ixadork, rtallan, pakydude AND 2pacz in the arena and STILL asked to and WERE allowed to borrow Lockdown and Eric Clapton. Pakydude totally lied to us after round one which is a very common tactic you use and said and I quote "I have to go , allow us a borrow" You all requested to borrow TWO players for round two which we accepted even though you had enough in the arena. We beat you round two and then in round three Pakydude suddenly reappears while you all kept RTallen and ixadork in spec using 2pacz, pakydude , lockdown and eric clapton.

What lamers you guys are lol and seeing this post from you guys shows what complete snowflakes you are.

All you want to do is abuse the borrow feature to lame wins and cry when midway through a round I refused Poseidon who was eating up a storm in elim right before with an obvious lag hack he was using. I call complete BS Jones ROFL .

http://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90101111
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X