Elim Ship Skins - Call to Action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim Ship Skins - Call to Action!

This is going out to any and all reading these forums. We are currently looking for some ship skins to be used to Elim, but potentially other arenas as well. We need someone to design 6 skins, 3 Warbirds and 3 Javelins. These skins will be added to the elim arena, attainable through the elim ladder for 3 separate tiers in each ship. We are having a contest for any and all to submit these skins and be voted on and uploaded as soon as possible. Your participation and help is wanted and needed!

What We Need:

Warbird Skins
    Tier 1 - Gold
    Tier 2 - Silver
    Tier 3 - Bronze

Javelin Skins
    Tier 1 - Gold
    Tier 2 - Silver
    Tier 3 - Bronze

These skins do not need to be Completely Gold/Silver/Bronze, but they do need to be distinguishable as to the tier. Make them look good!

We need a .bmp file for these ships, while the original can be located in the graphics folder under ships

When We Need It:

March 27, by 11:59 PM Est

What Do You Get?

You will receive $5,000,000 dollars in pub bux as a reward for winning the contest. This can be used in the new, operational, and available elim betting system.

You will get map recognition in elim for your skins/winning the contest

You will be able to use your ship skins through the bot, as if you earned those tiers. (This could be a good chance to look elite for those with graphics skills unable to break the top 10 in elim!) Look better! play better!

1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Really like this idea. An improvement on the game while rewarding others in the process for their efforts. Can't go wrong with that.

Comment

This is what I have come up with so far.
      Left jav is the regular jav, for comparison.
      These color adjustments could most likely be implemented with the rolling ship function.
      Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	96zyog.png
Views:	80
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	1314349

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
        This is what I have come up with so far.
        Left jav is the regular jav, for comparison.
        These color adjustments could most likely be implemented with the rolling ship function.
        Thoughts?

Name:	96zyog.png
Views:	80
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	1314349
        looks nice, need to see it in game though.

do you have a portfolio of graphic work you've done? or some examples somewhere?

Comment

Name:	ships-elim.fw.png
Views:	62
Size:	414.7 KB
ID:	1314391

Comment

Name:	jvroll-bronze.fw.png
Views:	54
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	1314393

Name:	jvroll-silver.fw.png
Views:	57
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	1314394

Name:	jvroll-gold.fw.png
Views:	52
Size:	366.9 KB
ID:	1314395

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

dabram those look incredible!
                Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

thx mef

oh and here's the link to download the bmp files. i have no knowledge/options to preview ships in-game. don't think there's an editing tool which does this, right? right now i don't how these colors translate in-game. but i can easily alter colors if needed (change in tint / contrast / brightness etc).

duh; just realized i can actually just paste over existing ships.bm2 file to preview. have to say myself, it looks pretty dope. also i turned off rolling ship 15 years ago, but those looks very shiny with the metal looks..!

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/dfc...3094846/f03a62
                  Last edited by Dabram; 03-23-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Wtf had all these beat 10years Ago.(Weak).Lol love ya fuckers see ya soon. Or on the flip side peace.

Comment

Okay 20y I tried todo a 2010 space oddessy theme 2dragins turned my rolls down for some reason. Probably file size at the time. Then I had to make Gfx for him which I thought was weird but this was to join twdev at time. We worked on some city map spent months on it, all to throw away. I said it wouldn?t work from beginning , because Subspace is missing one fucking tile, (still is) anyway don?t let me seem like I?m bashing on 2d he was the dude and did a helll of lot for TW.
                      Last edited by Witness; 03-25-2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Good work fis and dabram. . Just now seeing these and really like them. Rotation changes would be so cool but if that can't be worked out just cool ships that don't change like these would be awesome too.
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Congratulations and thank you to Bram! We will be using his ship skins in Elim and potentially other places! Currently Wirah is uploading the skins to elim and biet is working on the bot to allow for those who ranked high enough to use the new skins in elim! With each season, comes new eligibility for unlocking the skins. TBD whether or not we allow people who have earned from a previous season to continuously use them until the championship.

We have decided to go with
                          1-3 - Gold skin
                          4-10 - Silver skin
                          11-25 - Bronze skin

Anyone who ranks in a higher tier, may also use the lower tier skins.

TBD whether or not we allow people who have earned from a previous season to continuously use them until the championship.

Thanks!
                          1:waven> u challenge
                          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Cool, @ wirah/biet if i need to do something / or if any changes let me know, did a quick job with it, can imagine it needs some shavings

Comment

do you think you could preserve the red details of the original warbird? They got lost in the filters it seems. I played around a bit with some filters/adjustments in photoshop myself. I also tried to add some details by giving the ship two colors. I didn't really try to get the gold/silver/bronze colors however. Also, I was using turban's ship gfx without the roll effect. Here are some of my experiments.

Comment

Working...
                              X