Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change policy on locking threads (for league appeals too).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change policy on locking threads (for league appeals too).

qan

1) allow threads to reach 10 pages, they eventually die down on their own anyway, and it beats having 3 threads restarted for the same topic.

2) if you wont have rules that ban people for remaking a locked thread, it completely defeats the purpose of locking threads. and if you do have rules for this, the locking of threads and banning for remaking threads completely contradict the total lack of moderation in every other regard. locking threads is censorship... which you are seemingly also against? It's censorship in the name of "organization" and yet if you didn't lock the thread the forum would already be organized with only 1 thread on that topic. As you know i'd be happy to have forum rules here, but if not at least be consistent.

3) since you support free speech and a lack of moderation on the forums, why are threads being locked in the first place? all this does is instigate people into conflicts. allow people to express any after thoughts they have freely without having to re-create threads.

4) league staff doesn't have to lock threads to signal their decisions are final, neither should they be locking threads they didn't even start, if a captain of a squad starts an appeal thread, the ownership of the thread belongs to them.

5) staff can lock threads they start or lock threads that the owner asks to be locked in my opinion.. however league decisions should be more transparent than they are. i've seen some decisions that don't even address every single one of the captains points and leave a lot of questions hanging in the air. because of this captains may feel that not everything was considered/looked at. as well i don't think staff needs to lock a thread to signal their decision is final, decisions can be final without that.
    Last edited by Falconeer; 03-30-2019, 10:30 PM.

You done hot or not yet Falconeer?
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

I don't mind an appeal thread being locked after it has been finalized. What I do mind is how my/Paladens thread was locked 24 hours BEFORE a decision was even made by the twl ops and it was labeled "trolling" when I was making valid points about the catch22 logic being used to try and deny a grant. We were effectively shutout and censored from sharing anymore input that could be relative to our appeal.

As far as other threads that are made in TWL or anywhere else for that matter that are not an official APPEAL made by a captain I agree with falc that it should be considered the posters ownership and creation. The fact someone has a gripe with staff is fair play. I had a post I worked on for at least one hour composing deleted by forum mod staff and was locked out of my own thread by them too for hours before they took it down. Within that post I clearly explained in my response to the player attacks about a question he had submitted about why I was so upset about this appeal. I feel staff should have to accept criticism by the player base if they choose to post complaints, especially if there are valid points being made which in my case there was. It was unacceptable how I was locked out of my own thread and it was hours later completely deleted from existence. If you all feel it was causing an issue move it to General Discussions perhaps. I fail to even see why there would be a need to do that though as my thread was still a TWL related matter.

Also there were many real trolls jumping in for the lols and no warnings to them for disruption but I got one for posting thoughtful disagreements that were time consuming to make about how the matter was handled and why I felt it was a bogus ruling.
      Last edited by Jessup; 04-03-2019, 07:14 AM.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
        I don't mind an appeal thread being locked after it has been finalized. What I do mind is how my/Paladens thread was locked 24 hours BEFORE a decision was even made by the twl ops and it was labeled "trolling" when I was making valid points about the catch22 logic being used to try and deny a grant. We were effectively shutout and censored from sharing anymore input that could be relative to our appeal.

As far as other threads that are made in TWL or anywhere else for that matter that are not an official APPEAL made by a captain I agree with falc that it should be considered the posters ownership and creation. The fact someone has a gripe with staff is fair play. I had a post I worked on for at least one hour composing deleted by forum mod staff and was locked out of my own thread by them too for hours before they took it down. Within that post I clearly explained in my response to the player attacks about a question he had submitted about why I was so upset about this appeal. I feel staff should have to accept criticism by the player base if they choose to post complaints, especially if there are valid points being made which in my case there was. It was unacceptable how I was locked out of my own thread and it was hours later completely deleted from existence. If you all feel it was causing an issue move it to General Discussions perhaps. I fail to even see why there would be a need to do that though as my thread was still a TWL related matter.

Also there were many real trolls jumping in for the lols and no warnings to them for disruption but I got one for posting thoughtful disagreements that were time consuming to make about how the matter was handled and why I felt it was a bogus ruling.
        they probably wont be deleting threads anytime soon, and also TWL league staff has no locking authority outside of TWL, just remake an appeal thread here.

this is why i backup posts i make, especially long ones, and i sometimes take screenshots too.

what i don't like is the reason league staff locked your thread by saying it was getting aggressive... but not citing examples of that, just some arbitrary BS they made up. it's the same reason people used to get banned in subspace based on vague preferences of what some mod thought without even a rule to back it up. basically by saying it was getting aggressive it looks like they were trolling. locking the thread was a way to hurt you, and saying it's because of aggressiveness compounds that, it was immature.

nah i don't think i'll do hot or not yet, give me some time, i have to remember to watch the league games on sundays.
        Last edited by Falconeer; 04-03-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

this is why i backup posts i make, especially long ones, and i sometimes take screenshots too.

what i don't like is the reason league staff locked your thread by saying it was getting aggressive... but not citing examples of that, just some arbitrary BS they made up. it's the same reason people used to get banned in subspace based on vague preferences of what some mod thought without even a rule to back it up. basically by saying it was getting aggressive it looks like they were trolling. locking the thread was a way to hurt you, and saying it's because of aggressiveness compounds that, it was immature.
          Good point about backing it up.. and it just so happens I did that and will post it here in this discussion thread because I want to prove that the information I was submitting was in no way trolling that was deleted. I post this to reclaim my wasted time made by staff deletion and to rest my case why I disagree with the appeal denial.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

silly forum doing odd things again.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Banning people for re-posting similar threads is meh - doesn't happen often and people just look at the thread with the most replies. I don't think any thread belongs to anyone, so I don't think any of them should be closed, good point! Transparency is very nice but also time consuming, we are lucky to have people who are willing to deal with so many appeals! I loved this thread and am glad you brought it up - I was not forced to respond because I went 4-10 vs Paladen in LD. Thanks Falc.
              TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
              (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
              PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
              AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

Working...
              X