Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim Changes

Originally posted by Kim View Post
    I'm not for changing the scores of the players, especially not awarding players who had 8-1 scale all the way up to 15-8. I don't think that is reflective of how they played during the game. Kind of need to poll around and see what is considered an acceptable number of deaths remaining for the two last players. For myself, I think if two players have more than 5 deaths left, changing it so both players are specced at 2 more deaths than they currently have, essentially making it a best of 3, would be nice. I don't know how acceptable it would be to not preserve the number of deaths advantage. I can see how some ppl might be upset if someone had more than 3 deaths advantage over the other player but still had to conform to the best of 3 kills. Personally, it doesn't matter, if its a duel, it should be on even footing.
    Moved this as I feel this is sparking a bunch of changes that could potentially benefit elim. Also, rather not have 10 people bashing others off topic.

I do not feel you could A) change peoples ratings in a game at the end, because like you said, it's not fair to scale them and is not reflective of the current game, or B) give someone who has 7 deaths even footing on someone who has 3 deaths and conserved their deaths better. I think the only thing you possibly could do, IF we were to do anything at all, would be add a timer to the final 2 players. I don't think that's a good idea, but if anything was considered, this would be to only fair way to compensate someone who has low deaths and also take into consideration of the people in spec. HOWEVER, this will lead to abuse. People will hide until the last people and play passive down to the time imo, so even that would be a bad idea. I think the only thing we can do, is police elim better and keep people from running at the end like soze. There is a rule that prevents people from refusing to fight that can and should be enforced. Also, when people are on low deaths, to conserve recs and appease everyone, honorably doing SD is the best way to go. Idea from this..

Can we get someone to add elim bot feature for !spec4rec? Or, !sudden is typed by both people to the bot and next death specs you. either will work and would be useful.

I think if two people choose to sudden death to save time they should not be punished twice. Allow someone to !psec4rec and not get a +1 for speccing and allowing others to play. I don't think this could be abused as it would spec u permanently as opposed to sending u to spec without a +1.

I agree with Jessup to a certain degree and im sure many others. Elims to 5 are terrible to play if youre ranking. It is impossible to have a high rating and not go down in a game to 5. It causes people to not play unless the game is to 10, and the other side to that is you get people playing to 10 with 4 people in...??????

I think elim should have the games to 5 adjusted and I think we should have elims with 5 or less play to 5 kills 6-9 to 7 and 10+ to 10 deaths. If the rating is changed not to penalize people for low death games I think this balance will work. If we can get to bot to recognize !lates, I think we can work this out...

Game starts with 4....goes to 5 kills....2 lates enter...as long as no one is out...Speccing all players at 7 deaths.....4 more people enter.....Speccing all players at 10 deaths....Possible?

I think these changes will solve most elim problems if implemented. I would like to know what people think, and I will try and get something done about it.

tl;dr version

Proposed changes

1. Adjusting how the gap between elims to 5 and 10 drastically hurts your ratings

2. A form of sudden death

3. changing the vote to a deathmatch or killrace / deathmatch being adjusted according to players in game as opposed to voted deaths

Being worked on

1. Biet was working yesterday on setting bot up to incorporate all new elim winners and unlockable ships for ranked players

FYI

1. Betting system limits have been raised drastically

1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.
Working...
X