Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What maps & events would you like to see hosted more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What maps & events would you like to see hosted more?

Hey, everybody! In an effort to add a little variety to the events we see hosted, I'd like your input.

TLDR: Name your favorite events/maps and times you'd like to see more hosting going on.

I'm looking to hear hosting suggestions from anyone and everyone interested in events!

Basers: We have a good size basing community, but basing events require numbers. What type of maps or events would you guys show up for? We were looking to run some (somewhat balanced) basing events after TWL wraps up on Sundays, followed by some other stuff. I know we run a risk of people rage quitting after their matches, so what do you think of that? Maybe make it into one of the larger Saturday night events? Is there any interest in spider-related events, such as Spider UFC, perhaps?

Warbirds/Javs: What do you guys like? Anything you haven't seen hosted in a while? Anything that would take a step outside of the normal javduel/wbduel style matches?Anything like Conquer, Cops n Robbers, Bounty Hunter, etc?

Edit: I have these public posts I found that list a bunch of arenas -- also check out ?go events to see if you see any old favorites or new-to-you maps you'd like to explore. We can grab a bot and figure out some games!

http://trenchwars.org/downloads/maps/browse2016/

https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...as-of-1-1-2008
    Last edited by Missa; 04-28-2019, 10:47 AM.

The main event I care about is base. I used to log in every night to play #mythrandir (same as go base but it was private then) and that was the best time ever in TW. It really sucks that most days I log on and base never even happens once. I have to lurk in twbd to try and get borrowed just to get a base game. Currently people are in elim, maybe related to the seasons/cup whatever it is, it's taken all the life out of twd, base, javduel, wbduel, everything else.

As for what you asked for, here are some events I like the most. I'm sure there are more but they haven't been hosted in so long it's hard to remember.

turretwar2
    hockey
    fatbase
    starcon
    ghoulgames
    hillpeace
    f1spirit

re: ufc. The UFC event in TW is where 2 teams are drafted (shit players randomized) and caps choose 1 player to field in a 1v1. Winner stays on, loser's cap fields a new player. Repeat until one team loses. "javufc" is an abomination. Bring back original UFC. I can imagine a UFC format which is 2v2 or 3v3 spiders which could be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      The main event I care about is base. I used to log in every night to play #mythrandir (same as go base but it was private then) and that was the best time ever in TW. It really sucks that most days I log on and base never even happens once. I have to lurk in twbd to try and get borrowed just to get a base game. Currently people are in elim, maybe related to the seasons/cup whatever it is, it's taken all the life out of twd, base, javduel, wbduel, everything else.
      =.

I feel this, and that is exactly why I'm posting directly to basers rn. I feel they get a bit excluded when we focus on jav/warbird events. What ship do you like best? I'd love to host some basing maps & have a little balance to the games and not an 8 player limit so people can enjoy their time, but I need to ensure enough people show -- Which is exactly why info like this is great! What kind of hours are you on?

Also, Rab we did have a warbird UFC about 2 weeks ago and went to do one right before the zone died. That is definitely an event I'm trying to bring back some excitement to. Plus I hate javs so wooooo!
      Last edited by Missa; 04-28-2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

go hockey
        go chips
        go snipe

Comment

Originally posted by Missa View Post
          What kind of hours are you on?
          6pm-Midnight UK, which is 1pm-7pm EST.
          Weekdays are a total writeoff for UK/EU atm because most of the population is US, and US-East only start to play when UK/EU goes to bed.
          It's even worse for most of EU, they're 1 or 2 hours ahead of the UK.
          Most UK/EU players don't even log on anymore because there's nothing to log on for.

Comment

Enigma plz

Boki
            Fatbase
            Warprage
            Pirates
            Highschool
            Twcity
            3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

UFC, deathmatch (with many small teams not the big two team version), hunt that isn't in shitty arenas, etc
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I have to find some time to try out more trench wars events, so far I've only played pictionary and sniper/snipe which i really liked a lot.

i know hockey is an event in TW but personally, i'd rather go play in hockey zone after 9PM, the timing doesn't interfere with TW hours of being most active that much and it's nice to give a zone some population and interest. that being said could always host hockey anytime before 9PM :P

it would be cool if someone was willing to host cross zone events. DSB has some fun events, you might not get the same crowds as you do in TW but i'd love to see more Event Refs who have event ref powers in multiple zones: DSB, Devastation, TW, EG, Pro league and Hockey zone, all have amazing events that should be played more often.

I know initially there is resistance to ideas involving other zones, but i think having an open mind will benefit the game in the long term...
                1. you get to be an ER in multiple zones.
                2. you get to meet unique players and people from those zones who might not be known or play TW as often (if at all).
                3. the more other zones get some playtime/population in the more their core players come back to subspace in general.

expanding on point number 3, many zones have 100-300 core players who have become part time players/don't play the game anymore because their zones are dead. If we can bring some life to other zones, even for 30 minutes, people in those zones could make efforts to bring their core players back during those time periods. More people in subspace is great for everyone! and there is a potential that people would look more kindly on TW and even play TW during the times these events are not being hosted.
                Last edited by Falconeer; 04-28-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X