No announcement yet.

make weasel big again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another piece of the puzzle - yes there does seem to be a delay between the weasel touching the flag and the flag changing hands.

but... the whole point of that delay is to give the defending team chance to kill the weasel and reclaim the flag before the flag changes hands.

that is currently not working.

once the weasel touches the flag, their flag capture will be completed. it doesn't matter what anyone else does in the meantime.

Comment

Quit yer whining and watch your xradar, faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by hellmouth View Post
        Quit yer whining and watch your xradar, faggot.
        The problem happens even when everyone is watching xradar. So thanks for showing up and being a prick for no reason.

Comment

.. and yep, another week goes by and they're still trashing the flag game for everyone....

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            another piece of the puzzle - yes there does seem to be a delay between the weasel touching the flag and the flag changing hands.

but... the whole point of that delay is to give the defending team chance to kill the weasel and reclaim the flag before the flag changes hands.

that is currently not working.

once the weasel touches the flag, their flag capture will be completed. it doesn't matter what anyone else does in the meantime.
            This is very surprising, and (of course) not what should actually be happening. I've heard of people saying "flag touches are instant" for some time now, but there's always been a delay. But, if during that delay the previously-holding freq is not able to take back the flag despite touching it, it doesn't matter how big the delay is. I assume this is happening with all players, not just weasels, but with weasels it's simply easier to see, because 1) they divebomb the flag a lot and 2) they have a much longer delay than other ships, so it's taken back more often during that delay time.

Checked the code and did not see anything immediately wrong.

I've got less than 2 weeks left in Japan and time is very short, so doing the legwork is difficult. Can you confirm that this is a bug with all ships and not just weasels? For example, if a player takes the flag, dies, and then half a second later, a player on the previously holding freq retakes the flag, the retake does not go through?
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Not sure if it's all ships tbh. I'm going to be away for a few weeks so I probably wont get more info for a while.

Comment

Just saw it again, clear as day.
                Weasel claims flag, and within 5 seconds: gets killed, defender reclaims flag.
                A couple of seconds after the defender reclaimed the flag the round timer reset.

Comment

stop being such a puss - the other day you came in complaining about it and everyone universally told you to stfu because all junin was actually doing was increasing the JP size for the eventual winning freq... if you aren't using the other mechanisms of the game or simply can't be bothered to counteract the weasel, then i don't see why you get to complain

lol @ rab complaining on behalf of "everyone"

edit: in fact you don't see junin coming on here and being like "wow why can i never win? i demand changes to other ships mechanics to make it easier for me!" - he never even complains in pub so please do us all a favour rab and stop being a whiny bitch

Comment

The main mechanism is hold the flag and win the round. Try it sometime.

Comment

the main mechanism to winning the round is to neutralise the enemies and hold the flag for the set time... what's your point? you're incapable of doing that?

Comment

qan i know this guy has helped you a lot with the zone and getting it all migrated to new servers and whatever else he's done in the background (all appreciated etc), but this is just another "i can't kill weasels before they get to the flag so change the settings for me" thread

Comment

that guy is one of the ignore.txt trolls who should really be banned for life from this game.

Comment

Sir BattyCrease It's really a bug, though, as this behavior is not intended. Flag claims are supposed to take a certain amount of time in order to go through, to prevent fluke resets -- especially weasels divebombing on a team that's otherwise well-prepared and watching for them. If the holding freq retakes the flag in a short amount of time, the bot is supposed to give it back to them.

It would really help resolving this problem to know whether or not this bug occurs with ships other than weasel. If it's just weasel it narrows it down quite a lot.
                            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

i think the frustrating thing for people is it seems random...

i know ive seen it both ways.. where you take the flag from the defender... maybe u die maybe u dont.. the timer pauses... and i think the factor being left out is truly how long before defender takes the flag back....

i know times we reclaim and feel like it should have kept ticking and then it resets...but other times it seems like ages before someone gets there and it starts ticking again and doesnt reset...

then ive seen it often instantaneously the moment its touched it resets...

so your saying that diff ships affect the flag differently ?
                              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

All ships should work the same except for weasel, which should have a longer time needed without a hold interruption to take the flag.

Otherwise, it varies based on the size of the population at the start of the round. 2 seconds on the low end, and I believe 4 or 5 on the high end. Maybe this variable time is too confusing, though, and creates an inconsistent feeling. It might be best to simply have all ships and claim timers be the same. For many years it was 3 seconds, which mostly worked just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X