make weasel big again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bosshawk View Post
    i think the frustrating thing for people is it seems random...

i know ive seen it both ways.. where you take the flag from the defender... maybe u die maybe u dont.. the timer pauses... and i think the factor being left out is truly how long before defender takes the flag back....

i know times we reclaim and feel like it should have kept ticking and then it resets...but other times it seems like ages before someone gets there and it starts ticking again and doesnt reset...

then ive seen it often instantaneously the moment its touched it resets...

so your saying that diff ships affect the flag differently ?
    So were supposed to take the words of an idiot who comes in the flag room only to lev and lame people, like you're watching the whole flag game and doing anything other than being a selfish fuckin prick, im glad im moderating these forums now, so i can keep u white people in check.
    Originally posted by trancE tunes
    this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Primary View Post
      So were supposed to take the words of an idiot who comes in the flag room only to lev and lame people, like you're watching the whole flag game and doing anything other than being a selfish fuckin prick, im glad im moderating these forums now, so i can keep u white people in check.
      Please tone down the racial stuff. If someone had said, "I'm glad I'm moderating these forums now so I can keep you black people in check" it'd be considered quite racist. It doesn't make it any less racist if you're demonizing whites, Asians, Latin Americans, etc.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I like how you can somehow see skin color through a person's ship choice. Classy.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I like how you can somehow see skin color through a person's ship choice. Classy.
          Funny how you're acting like he's not white trying to make some side point lol. Is he white? Exactly.
          this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
            Please tone down the racial stuff. If someone had said, "I'm glad I'm moderating these forums now so I can keep you black people in check" it'd be considered quite racist. It doesn't make it any less racist if you're demonizing whites, Asians, Latin Americans, etc.
            Tone down what? You white people already did enough, if black people did what white people did in history, I'm sure you'd have a point, now sit your white racist descendant ass down. Like I have pity when your very own racist white staff is banning me and disconnecting me and silencing me and changing my signature, you guys are white fuckin pieces of shit, as proven day in and day out.

To all non piece of shit white people that enjoy the game: <3

Comment

possible balance: disable !buy's for small weasel.

Comment

That wont stop them getting the flag every time. So too weak imo.

Comment

Tone down what? You white people already did enough, if black people did what white people did in history, I'm sure you'd have a point, now sit your white racist descendant ass down. Like I have pity when your very own racist white staff is banning me and disconnecting me and silencing me and changing my signature, you guys are white fuckin pieces of shit, as proven day in and day out.

To all non piece of shit white people that enjoy the game: <3
                  im not white. is this guy banned on forums yet too?

Comment

another week goes by, weasels still ruining the pub base game, so here I am posting the same damn thing. ffs.. stop being part of the problem.

Comment

I've played some games with multiple weasels on the other team and they were mostly unsuccesful (roughly 1/10) in claiming the flag due to the longer claim time. Teams were about 6v6 and a terrier was watching x radar which made it certainly easier. At which team size/composition did you find the weasel's advantage to be too big? Mostly during smaller games without the help of ships with x radar? Bigger teams where the weasel is pretty much invisible on radar due to there being too many dots on the radar? And what would the best solution be?

Just making it big so it can't go through the small holes?
                      Equip more ships with x radar?
                      Make x radar for jav have no energy drain? Remove stealth?
                      Increase energy drain when using stealth?
                      increase energy drain when using cloak?
                      Remove repel?
                      Limit/disable buys for weasel? Based on location?
                      Change one of the aforementioned based on the other team having ships that could detect x? Or based on team size?
                      Further increase the time needed to claim flag with a weasel?
                      Make weasel completely unable to claim the flag?

imo the worst traits of weasel are stealth and brick. I don't see why the brick needs to be like 64 tiles max width when 5 or 7 would be much more reasonable. Now it can be used to insta warp an enemy terrier from a great distance, there's no weapon or item that comes close to it. Stealth also seems to have no real counter other than a terr with x radar. People already struggle enough with aiming at a cloaked weasel. So those would be my suggestions for changes to weasel, brick set to a length of about 5 tiles, and removing stealth. That should allow for earlier interception of a weasel, and reducing its flag claiming potential, while still keeping its identity.

Comment

If you want to try those changes that's better than nothing.

but really I'm still asking for the weasel to be bigger.

Problem is at every game size.

Comment

The easiest would be to get the code working that prevents the flag being reclaimed after the weasel (or anyone?) takes it, if this is not just a jupe. After that it'd just be a matter of getting the time right.

May be worth putting in debug code in the reclaim block to see what's going on. I'll see if I can find time. Still need to set up/update dev tools on my laptop.
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

I can't say I've witnessed the flag behaving abnormally whenever a weasel tried to claim it. It actually seemed to worked as intended, though it is tough to really compare while trying to reclaim it, time seems to slow down naturally. I'm personally against trying to solve the issue by increasing the time needed for a weasel to claim the flag. It has some really busted tools at its disposal and would actually skilled people try to claim the flag with a weasel they could even overcome a 10 second claim delay. So instead of making weasel completely useless at claiming the flag we should try to fit it more into the current style of play. Give it enough tools so it can sneakily capture a flag when the opposing team isn't really watching their radar, but don't give it tools that make a flag claim certain such as stealth and the brick. Especially the brick feels like zero effort was put in to balance it, while the stealth is just a dumb option on a ship with one hit kill bullets. Its perfectly fine in most other zones where it was used on ships that needed at least 5 or more direct hits for a kill, but now we are left with a ship that is used the least and hated the most. It is the perfect troll ship and one that totally destroys small games when used right.

Comment

Hmm, that's interesting about the timer seeming to work as planned. Seems to suggest that the issue is a flag jupe, which would make sense if the weasel is divebombing the flag last-minute and someone else (terr especially) is sitting on it.

Regarding tools, after the most recent nerf a couple of years back, in which its thrust was reduced, afterburner cost was vastly increased, and cloak+stealth had an increase in energy cost, stealth wasn't initially given on spawn. Might be worth moving it back to a buy. Also, brick cost could be substantially increased if it's being overused to turn it more toward the novelty item a massive span appears to be... or it could be reduced in size again.

Comment

Leave weasels the piss alone. Rab just sucks at using xradar, sucks at life, and sucks tailpipe.

Comment

Working...
                                X