Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elim record corruption/reset - have you had this issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim record corruption/reset - have you had this issue?

There's been a rather nasty bug with elim that has caused some records to become overwritten. Essentially, you enter in !late, the bot says it can't load your record, and then it gives you a loss after the game ends.

Fortunately, we now save round stats. This means we can at least restore adjusted rating, rating, and games played. This is all you really need for the ladder to work properly. Other stats such as games won, aim and so on will not show correctly for this season if your record is restored.

However, I need to know who was reset, and also if they want their old rating/games played restored. (Assuming so.) Please post in this thread if you have had this issue.

I need to know:
    - Your in-game name
    - Which ship this happened in
    - Confirmation you want the restoration to occur

Please no nonsense requests, don't have the time at the moment!
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

EDIT: @ mentions now working, re-doing...

iron survivor - WB

Claushouse - WB

RaCka - Jav
    (Already reset record, may not want a restoration?)

Can't remember these exactly ... need to know which ship it happened in if it did
    yeH in (WB/Jav)?
    Peru in (WB/Jav)?

Also, the issue causing the bug should be fixed. Related to slow database queries and not handling that rare error condition properly until now.
    Last edited by qan; 05-22-2019, 08:08 PM.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Not hearing back from anyone so I'll just restore Iron and Og for now. If anyone else affected wants this, please let me know.

Comment

I won a wb elim 50-1 a few days back but it didn't seem to record it?
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Yes, all my WB stats were destroyed a few days ago, kind of a bummer, would appreciate them being restored.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Just had the same message trying to enter jav elim now when doing !late, says "unable to load stats". In WB when I did !late again, then !lagout worked, it destroyed my stats.

What is going on
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Damn. Just missed you it looks like... wanted to ask more questions. Before restoring stats it'd be nice to work this problem out.

The issue is that stats are loaded in the background after you do !late, so that while they're loading, the rest of the bot can still function. Otherwise every time stats are loading, the rest of the bot just sits there and pauses for what would be about 200-300ms... not that big a deal, generally, but it's significant enough that it could cause some unusual behavior, such as handling a bunch of events together in a burst rather than exactly as they come.

When you get "unable to load stats" it's timing out after trying to load them for 1.25 seconds, which is an extremely long time for a database query. I'm not sure what's going on with our DB that this query would take this long. Shouldn't have anything to do with the new game server, for example, as this is all internal to the bot server.

Can you go over the steps to reproduce the issue? You're talking first about jav elim. To confirm, stats weren't reset in that case? (The fix should have prevented that.) But then you had a WB round, did !late, got the message, and then tried !lagout, which was successful, but destroyed your stats again?

Comment

Any update on restoring the stats?

1. I typed !late
                2. I got the error saying couldn't load stats
                3. I think i closed the client
                4. Came back in, did some combination of !late !lagout, and it added me to the game
                5. When game was done, it said I had completed Game 1 of WB, and stats were gone

After that, I got the same error in Jav a week later.

1. I typed !late
                2. I got the error
                3. I decided not to type to the bot again until the next game, and it didnt reset my stats.

So doing !late again or !lagout or whatever I did is what clinched it, after the inital !late that produced the error

I think !lagout got me into the game, but I'm not 100% sure. Was awhile back.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Ahhh, interesting. Yeah, looks as if there was nothing stopping someone from issuing !late multiple times.

I haven't restored the stats yet because I wanted to make sure the bug's been eliminated. Was waiting to hear back about how !lagout affected it. After the next update, it should be fixed. Have set a reminder to do the restoration when I get home tonight on at least you and Iron. Not sure if anyone else wants it.

Comment

OK great, thanks
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                    X