Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every map and graphic stored on TW's server (DOWNLOAD)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every map and graphic stored on TW's server (DOWNLOAD)

Want to have no download time (as of May 2019) for every single arena in TW? Interested in exploring some lost maps/LVZ files? Here's the download for you!

You can unpack this directly into your Continuum/zones/SSCU Trench Wars folder. Don't have it make a subfolder. Skip already-existing files.

You can open LVL maps using Drake's Continuum Map Editor (DCME), and see contents of LVZ files with DCME or the LVZ Toolkit. Both available here: http://trenchwars.org/index.php?v=downloads

FULL ARCHIVE OF ALL PUBLIC MAPS (does not include private # arenas):

TWServerBackup-Maps.zip (65MB)
    TWServerBackup-LVZ.zip (285MB)

Enjoy!

(NOTE: it's a bit of a large download, so if needed I can break it into parts for those who have slow connections, or possibly offer a torrent. You may also need to let it sit for quite some time before it appears the download is starting.)
    Last edited by qan; 05-28-2019, 03:05 AM.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

This is awesome folks... Especially some of the bigger download type maps... The rally racing courses especially.. then u have all of the maps and lvz's in your computer and dont have to do the downloads when entering an arena u have never been in, and u get them at your high speed rather then the speed the client maxes out at which is really slow lol...

Doesnt take long on a highspeed connection at all!
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Great, now I can relive the days before racist white people like wicket and Bosshawk and Markmrw made staff.
      Originally posted by trancE tunes
      this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

every map stored in pistmin pit
        TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
        TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
        TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
        ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
          Every map and graphic stored on TW's server (DOWNLOAD)
          Where are the graphics? Like I want to see all the bullet graphics and mines, ect.
          Best> not gunna lie i thought jackie was a hot chick so i picked her in FA and found out it was a dude

Comment

Originally posted by JacKie> View Post

Where are the graphics? Like I want to see all the bullet graphics and mines, ect.
            Those files were on ssdownloads.com. We did finally manage to recover an archive of the site, but all of the metadata was lost, so we have just the start of the archive sorted, and then the rest of the files all remain unsorted. You can still find everything that was available on the site here: https://trenchwars.org/ssdl/

The files in the OP are just what are available on TW's servers.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Nearly complete arena list with some metadata about event type. This used to be a staff-only resource but has been released through a Freedom of Information Act request sent to our spaceoffices:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQdeKKffUdwYEuChpJBCg-5sPnJvGtyN8eVjwmbe42xeuPOFLZrbfIF1440Gu3g7tyYMTjL2 APCroYx/pubhtml

Also including some information on event modules:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTAJNi-EzvZcsWouxq7k3lajR7hLuLfgTAfVJa1YMPkuxz6HqSe4V2Y4Q faivvT5BMxNNSj9AZ7hC8d/pub

Comment

Now release all the priv arenas with metadata. I want the complete metadata pls including ?sheep files etc. Map creators, date of creation. Isn't all this stored?
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                  Now release all the priv arenas with metadata. I want the complete metadata pls including ?sheep files etc. Map creators, date of creation. Isn't all this stored?
                  It's not stored in any particularly accessible place: just in CFG files that aren't indexed in any searchable format. CFGs are pretty easily readable, but you'd need someone with time and interest in the project, and also some decisions made about what gets released, as right now that would include ship settings, network settings, etc.

Map creators aren't set all that often, with people preferring to embed their credits on the map in tiles where people would actually see them. Creation date would likely just work from the map's file creation date. From a quick look, many go back to the early 2000s.

Comment

Working...
                  X