fix fireworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fix fireworks

JAMAL and Scurvy ruining 13v13 pub game with spamming fireworks and bypassing buyblock
    please limit number of fireworks or increase the delay
    Last edited by FeLiX_dA_kAt; 06-20-2019, 01:37 AM.

in my opinion, the 3 minute wait time to ::!buy fireworks is too long. changing it to a 1 minute wait time would be much better. #morefireworksforfelix

Comment

Yo that shit bypasses ?sound=0, it's ridiculous.

Pub is such an absolute atrocity, tried playing a basing game in pub the other day and enemy freq had like 6 sharks, while an LT on private spammed shots at it.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by FeLiX_dA_kAt View Post
        JAMAL and Scurvy ruining 13v13 pub game with spamming fireworks and bypassing buyblock
        please limit number of fireworks or increase the delay
        Mr. Sadman over here.
        ​​​
        Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'm not sure why bypassing buyblock is added in there to make pub purchases seem so nefarious. Anybody can do it, its not cheating, by all means fix it if its that big of a deal. But pub is always going to have shit going on to annoy people. If you're serious about basing, give more incentives/rewards to make ?go base more active, or created a modified arena somewhere between pub and ?go base. I'd gladly participate in more structured games, but anybody complaining about irritating behaviors in pub is always going to be essentially ignored..

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
            I'm not sure why bypassing buyblock is added in there to make pub purchases seem so nefarious. Anybody can do it, its not cheating, by all means fix it if its that big of a deal. But pub is always going to have shit going on to annoy people. If you're serious about basing, give more incentives/rewards to make ?go base more active, or created a modified arena somewhere between pub and ?go base. I'd gladly participate in more structured games, but anybody complaining about irritating behaviors in pub is always going to be essentially ignored..
            Fireworks need to have a time limit in pub. They are a problem. When you can't see your screen for 20 minutes besides these bright lights flashing everywhere it does ruin the game.

Go base unfortunately has been completely taken over by a small group of basing nerd players who refuse to add newbies. The days of inclusiveness are over in Trench Wars when it comes to base unfortunately. You are actually penalized for adding new players now in the minds of staff. They will use it against you and try to say it is a reason you are not allowed to captain. It's a very corrupt system and noobies have ZERO chance of breaking this cycle the nerds have created involving adding only hardcore basers. Its a real detriment to the zone sadly. I personally think new players should be MANDATORY adds if they enter ?go base. That is how you grow interest and make people enjoy the game. It is all backwards , twisted , toxic and warped these days.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

The firework sound overwrites the default lovely music of SKREEE babow bow wikka wikka bow wow, SKREEE (etc), so you need to use ?music=0. That one's definitely surprised me a time or two before as well with ?sound=0 but music up.

Buy timers were increased a bit -- no reason to have constant fireworks, no. Now restricts on a cross-arena basis, as well as per frequency per round.

As for pub being a bit of a joke sometimes in terms of basing, yes, that's true. You can get a good game going, but players need to decide to do so. Pub's strength and weakness is not actually being about anything, though ostensibly it's structured around flagging. It's one of the last few refuges in increasingly-structured gaming where you are given the power to decide how to make your own fun. And if others want to have fun in a way that you don't, it can often not be very much fun at all (for you). That doesn't mean it's objectively not fun, however.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
              X