Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor monitoring of Pub AFKers and poor help responses.. what is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Voth View Post

Did you just promote me? Thanks!
    Are you telling me you do not have the authority to spec afkers in pub?
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post

Are you telling me you do not have the authority to spec afkers in pub?
      I certainly do! But I do not have the authority to deal with the higher level issues of staff incompetence that you are alleging. Like I said, all I do is check the bans and make sure ?cheater calls are handled properly. Activity is not in my wheelhouse. Take care!
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        in b4 pistols at dawn @ the 7-eleven
        LOOOL
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

I certainly do! But I do not have the authority to deal with the higher level issues of staff incompetence that you are alleging. Like I said, all I do is check the bans and make sure ?cheater calls are handled properly. Activity is not in my wheelhouse. Take care!
          Curious how many times have you specced players afk in pub this month and your call count? Have you done it in the last few weeks? or is being an active handson staffer not in your wheelhouse?

Also explain to me why you think the 7/11 issue is funny. Do you know the background of what that was about? We can get into it if you want and why this is another reason staff is making this zone a shit show.
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

im on alot and i often do those calls jessup...

but if u want to get pissy about it.. you already know you can do !afkcheck <player> to the bot... so if you spot it why are you bothering to even waste the time of doing a ?help call ...id love to be on 24/7 to answer every call but i cant quite handle that.. and then just get trolled for trying to enforce rules...

first thing i do EVERY DAY is run down whos playing in pub and do !afkchecks and almost every time i come back to pub i do it as well...
            like stated above.. u dont have to be staff to do !afkchecks so be part of the solution instead of whining about the problem

often i politely ask people to move to priv freq if they want to sit in game afk...as that doesnt affect the balance of the pub freqs...unless they are doing it to avoid a ban such as silence or shiplock... in which case they are specced immediately

at the end of the day maybe try being less controversial all the time and be a part of helping things be better... and maybe things can get better with people who care about it helping to make it better
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

And just to be super clear, !afkcheck used to require 2 players to do it, but now it only requires 1 person, so you legit can move the afk person to spec by yourself (they get sent a code and fail to confirm it).

I move all afk players to spec before I start playing pub for the best possible experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk View Post

at the end of the day maybe try being less controversial all the time and be a part of helping things be better... and maybe things can get better with people who care about it helping to make it better
                I did this for years boss. I was a good staffer for 7 plus years who put in countless hours taking calls while very often being #1 in ratio for calls taken. I trained zh's, was a ban mod, greeted and trained new players, helped lead Paladen to multiple twl and twd leagues, captained for TWDT, participated in every major event, contributed countless ideas for leagues and the zone, personally contacted GOG.com on behalf of the zone to have us hosted there but was still run out of staff. Why should I be happy towards the people in charge after that? Especially when I see this type response when I make a post to help correct a problem. We all know Voth was trolling me in how he was responding to my post. The guy has been publicly gaslighting every chance he gets since I played better than him in the first mafia game and called him out for his horrid play. I was trying to help the zone with this post too even if I seem mad.

I'm not asking for you to answer every call and never said I expected you to. You are a good staffer and my issue wasn't with you. It is with the other staff not doing the basics to keep the system running. I honestly had forgotten about the command to /!afk check too. When was that implemented ? I do seem to recall it now you mention it but had forgotten and no one ever returned a help call to tell me that. . A response like yours was all Voth needed to do but instead was nit picking and spending more time focusing on being a smart ass than addressing the issue I posted about. This !afk feature while a good addition also should not remove staff responsibilities to keep afkers specced or forgive the lack of help calls being responded to.
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

it has been in place for a quite a while.. i know it was here last year before i left for the winter... but that doesnt matter

i do try to tell people in pub about the !afkcheck feature so they can do it themselves if they happen to spot it..
                  occasionally i do like to try to actually play the game but for the most part certain times of day thats not possible because its call after another... alot that could and should be dealt with by the vet player making the help call...

just the !stfu command... if guys would stop enabling and spurring on the trolls... or simply tell them to take it to spec chat... it would be better for everyone... doing our best to cut down on the spam and the slurs but when the bandwagon trolls jump on staff just to look cool.. makes it pretty hard to feel like your doing something good....

but i have spent lots of time telling people about the !stfu command too... and other things they can do to help....needs to be a team effort and the ones that want it a fun place need to help it be that way...
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Working...
                  X