Pub duels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub duels

After inadvertently accepting a mixed ship duel today in pub (jav v wb), I realized that while, an option, I don't see many duels like that, and it was moderately fun. I also was thinking that it would be fun to have the option to duel somebody where each player's ship would be randomized after each death. Obviously the unpredictability is entertaining, but there are also bragging rights for people who can win with poor odds as well as a possible advantage for less skilled players, depending on the circumstance. Obviously people can choose their price, so for low-stakes I think it would be fun. Not sure if that would be easy to arrange, but a thought.

interesting... so if you were doing 8 or 16 deaths lets say would u want it to be random but yet make sure each ship was used equal times.. ? 1 or 2 x of each ship ?
    if u were doing 5 and one guy got wb 4x on a random and the other guy gets shark and lev and jav or something silly combination that isnt feasible... i dont see a lot of people getting interested as soon as they get a crap configuration?

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

well for balance, I'd go ahead and put any completely random duel in the base area. After a player dies, both ships would respawn randomly, so you cant sit in wb picking off whatever your opponent respawns in. Absolutely this will lead to unfair scenarios, which imo, is part of the fun, because there is a chance it would be unfair in your favor.

Comment

Sort of like this idea.. could maybe balance it more by using base ship random and fighter ship random challenges

Base random = shark, spider, terr

Fighter random =warbird, jav, lanc
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

yeah that could be interesting
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

I'd try it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
              Sort of like this idea.. could maybe balance it more by using base ship random and fighter ship random challenges

Base random = shark, spider, terr

Fighter random =warbird, jav, lanc
              swap spider and jav, probably.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I would much prefer to see a ship roulette, where it selects ships randomly (but both players get the same) and each ship has a designated arena for the fight. After each death, both players are setshipped to the next one. Ships are only as fun if the arena that you duel in is designed for the ship.
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.

Comment

i like that idea too kim... change ships for both each time someone dies... could be cool...

Comment

Working...
                  X