Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elim idea: show energy from spec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elim idea: show energy from spec

    could improve the spectating experience especially watching energy management of top players and shouldn't change gameplay at all

  • #2
    good idea

    Comment


    • #3
      Should be possible. Would spectators PMing friends when to press become a problem, though?
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

      Comment


      • #4
        Nah that strat wouldn't work

        Comment


        • #5
          I support this idea. There's very little room for people to even attempt to take advantage of it, and even then it wouldn't make a difference in ninety-nine cases out of a hundred. It could shed some light on how some of the better players manage their energy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Turban View Post
            It could shed some light on how some of the better players manage their energy.
            Do we want that though? Taking that small portion of unknown seems like taking the fun out of it.
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

            Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

            Comment


            • #7
              I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts

              Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
              Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

              BigE> what do you do for a living skycake?
              BigE> that makes you think you are capable of talking down to others? custodian? burger flipper?

              Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tiny View Post

                Do we want that though? Taking that small portion of unknown seems like taking the fun out of it.
                It would only be enabled in spectator mode, and I feel that positives greatly outweigh negatives in this case. It could help other players improve their play as energy management is one of the biggest factors in this game, and this in return means that the skill level of players will increase which results in better competitive scene. I don't see that as a bad thing at all for the game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Turban View Post

                  It would only be enabled in spectator mode, and I feel that positives greatly outweigh negatives in this case. It could help other players improve their play as energy management is one of the biggest factors in this game, and this in return means that the skill level of players will increase which results in better competitive scene. I don't see that as a bad thing at all for the game.
                  Hardly matters for wb elim, you can tell what everyone's energy is unless you are really bad at the game or just not smart in general, and it's 1 hit kill anyway. When someone afterburns it's easy to see and most people can memorize the length of time it takes for someone to be able to shoot afterward.

                  For Jav elim it's pretty much the same thing, you don't need exact energy values. They shot a bullet, got hit, fired a bomb, knowing they have 200 energy doesn't make you a better player.

                  So in my opinion it's a pointless change either way, do what you want. You're just taking something you already know and can predict fairly well and making it more accurate. The mystery being removed is instead of instinctively knowing your opponent has 200 energy after certain actions, you can see he has 219 energy if you were speccing him. big deal.
                  Last edited by Falconeer; 07-12-2019, 09:57 PM.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X