Elim idea: show energy from spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim idea: show energy from spec

could improve the spectating experience especially watching energy management of top players and shouldn't change gameplay at all

good idea

Comment

Should be possible. Would spectators PMing friends when to press become a problem, though?
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Nah that strat wouldn't work

Comment

I support this idea. There's very little room for people to even attempt to take advantage of it, and even then it wouldn't make a difference in ninety-nine cases out of a hundred. It could shed some light on how some of the better players manage their energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
            It could shed some light on how some of the better players manage their energy.
            Do we want that though? Taking that small portion of unknown seems like taking the fun out of it.
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts

Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
              Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

warbit> FreeSpirit is truly my spirit animal.

Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

Do we want that though? Taking that small portion of unknown seems like taking the fun out of it.
                It would only be enabled in spectator mode, and I feel that positives greatly outweigh negatives in this case. It could help other players improve their play as energy management is one of the biggest factors in this game, and this in return means that the skill level of players will increase which results in better competitive scene. I don't see that as a bad thing at all for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post

It would only be enabled in spectator mode, and I feel that positives greatly outweigh negatives in this case. It could help other players improve their play as energy management is one of the biggest factors in this game, and this in return means that the skill level of players will increase which results in better competitive scene. I don't see that as a bad thing at all for the game.
                  Hardly matters for wb elim, you can tell what everyone's energy is unless you are really bad at the game or just not smart in general, and it's 1 hit kill anyway. When someone afterburns it's easy to see and most people can memorize the length of time it takes for someone to be able to shoot afterward.

For Jav elim it's pretty much the same thing, you don't need exact energy values. They shot a bullet, got hit, fired a bomb, knowing they have 200 energy doesn't make you a better player.

So in my opinion it's a pointless change either way, do what you want. You're just taking something you already know and can predict fairly well and making it more accurate. The mystery being removed is instead of instinctively knowing your opponent has 200 energy after certain actions, you can see he has 219 energy if you were speccing him. big deal.
                  Last edited by Falconeer; 07-12-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

no felix cause idiots like you will just use it to abuse and white TW staffers wont do anything. especially if you're white as proven before you might even make staff for abusing it + being white like wicket.
                    Originally posted by trancE tunes
                    this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

Working...
                    X