No announcement yet.

[IMPORTANT] Rule Addition - Encouraging Suicide & Death Threats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any time's a good time to continue to discuss how the zone's run. Talk from all sides and perspectives is never anything but good. The only time I worry is when people aren't arguing about how it should be run, because then they've stopped caring (or it's the absolutely impossible case, Everything's Perfect for Everyone).

Regarding A1 rules, they're more a relic of the older times. For example, being rude to staff is no longer punishable, as I'm sure many of you know. It resulted in too much abuse on the part of staff. I wouldn't use A1 as anything but a rough guide for our set of rules. Some are enforced more seriously than others. There are also plenty of rules that are enforced but aren't in A1. (Did you know there's a part of the manual called the jeffpotatoes clause, in which players can be banned for intentionally throwing bwjs games?)

Spammingは, it has a very specific definition, and does not include typing quickly when nobody else is typing.

I think we can do with being a bit less conservative on what is punished for racism. One of the very few rules that PriitK requested never be changed is that we enforce certain standards about limiting racist speech. But this doesn't just encompass specific slurs. More and more, there's a lot of borderline racist talk going around. It's starting to get a bit out of hand. And one thing that's easily noticeable by anyone is that when this talk dies down, you see more people playing the game.

The end goal is to have the most people playing the game and enjoying themselves. Regardless of what your moral beliefs are about freedom of speech, etc., in the end this is a video game, and we want people to play it. If someone going on and on with borderline racist comments dissuades others from wanting to play, in terms of our goal to have people playing a video game, it is strategically correct to limit that speech.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Well said qan I just wanted to point out that different people enjoy the game for different reasons, I personally enjoyed the politics of the game and enjoyed pushing boundaries or trying to subvert people in power that I disagreed with. I don't play anymore so i really just care about the forums honestly. That being said I still appreciate the work people are still doing to keep the game running and that they are still trying to make the game entertaining. Never hurts to hear a person playing devils advocate out though so you get other opinions on what I am assuming is a monoculture 9r close to it on staff.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yes, let's police death threats and suicide, but allow TW staff to be racist. Makes perfect sense.
        Originally posted by trancE tunes
        this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
          Any time's a good time to continue to discuss how the zone's run. Talk from all sides and perspectives is never anything but good. The only time I worry is when people aren't arguing about how it should be run, because then they've stopped caring (or it's the absolutely impossible case, Everything's Perfect for Everyone).

Regarding A1 rules, they're more a relic of the older times. For example, being rude to staff is no longer punishable, as I'm sure many of you know. It resulted in too much abuse on the part of staff. I wouldn't use A1 as anything but a rough guide for our set of rules. Some are enforced more seriously than others. There are also plenty of rules that are enforced but aren't in A1. (Did you know there's a part of the manual called the jeffpotatoes clause, in which players can be banned for intentionally throwing bwjs games?)

Spamming??, it has a very specific definition, and does not include typing quickly when nobody else is typing.

I think we can do with being a bit less conservative on what is punished for racism. One of the very few rules that PriitK requested never be changed is that we enforce certain standards about limiting racist speech. But this doesn't just encompass specific slurs. More and more, there's a lot of borderline racist talk going around. It's starting to get a bit out of hand. And one thing that's easily noticeable by anyone is that when this talk dies down, you see more people playing the game.

The end goal is to have the most people playing the game and enjoying themselves. Regardless of what your moral beliefs are about freedom of speech, etc., in the end this is a video game, and we want people to play it. If someone going on and on with borderline racist comments dissuades others from wanting to play, in terms of our goal to have people playing a video game, it is strategically correct to limit that speech.
          Then update them, morons. You guys on TW staff can be the laziest, dumbest fuckin people. No wonder you turn to being racist and hiring more white racist: The person in charge is a fuckin retard.
          this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

1. Primary needs banning from the forum for spamming the fuck out of threads with racial bullshit, wasn't he already banned for this?
            2. A1 needs to be accurate. the rules ARE what A1 says, the rules are not: what's in your head, what's in a staff handbook.
            3. the abuse of staff rule should stay, even if you allow minor infractions, to let players know this behaviour is not acceptable. more extreme cases like mr Primary above should be banned into oblivion for the persistence of their abuse.
            4. I repeat my offer to accept unrestricted ban powers and solve this for you in 24-48 hours.
            Last edited by Rab; 08-08-2019, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              1. Primary needs banning from the forum for spamming the fuck out of threads with racial bullshit, wasn't he already banned for this?
              2. A1 needs to be accurate. the rules ARE what A1 says, the rules are not: what's in your head, what's in a staff handbook.
              3. the abuse of staff rule should stay, even if you allow minor infractions, to let players know this behaviour is not acceptable. more extreme cases like mr Primary above should be banned into oblivion for the persistence of their abuse.
              4. I repeat my offer to accept unrestricted ban powers and solve this for you in 24-48 hours.
              Rab shut the fuck up you're an idiot, as seen in every post you make. Funny you have over a thousand post, and still know absolutely nothing. No ones giving you unrestricted anything, keep begging like the loser you are.

You're the last person who needs power around here, too much much for someone with such low intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                surprised staff considers u mentally ill and likely to kill yourself
                lol..
                Last edited by Sulla; 08-08-2019, 03:54 PM.
                WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

So I log on this afternoon and people are ranting about race again. sigh.

Comment

how are you still alive tho

Comment

how are you still not banned from the forum

Comment

eeek maybe staff was right afterall to consider you one of the mentally ill

Comment

Is this a serious post?

Have we really resulted to this level in this game?

It's 2019.............................................. .

FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                          #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Well whatever staff did yesterday was un-done today, chat is as ruined a ever by a very small number of people.
                            Clearly staff don't mean it when they say they're cracking down.

I repeat my offer to have unlimited ban power and fix it for you within 48 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

Spammingは, it has a very specific definition, and does not include typing quickly when nobody else is typing.

????

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpotatoes View Post

????
                                LOL qan made an error

Comment

Working...
                                X