X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this right here is some quality content

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I was reading the TWDT Hot or Not, and I thought to myself: "something seems odd about this".

I realised it was because skyforger had played.

But earlier that day skyforger had committed his 2nd Offense by telling my to kill myself twice. I had reported it and provided screenshots to BIET.

So skyforger should have received a 14 day ban and not been able to play TWDT.

Does staff really believe this rule did not apply when skyforger told me to kill myself twice yesterday?

Staff, I'm quoting your own rule to you because you seem to not know it.

Originally posted by Voth View Post
      Hi friends,

I am posting this here for full disclosure - we have recently added a new rule to our manual. I am posting the verbatim text from the manual here so that there are no surprises. The toxic environment that has taken over our zone (pub specifically) is getting out of control. We are working on another system to put the power into the hands of players to curb the bullshit spam and outright nonsense that happens in pub, but this rule has been a long time coming and you can expect it to be enforced strictly. Please direct any questions on this rule here in this thread or to tucker (me) or Zazu in game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      5.14 [ Encouraging Suicide & Death Threats ]

A. Encouragement or suggestions by one player to another to harm themselves or take their own life is illegal in this zone. SSCU Trench Wars has a zero tolerance policy for this sort of behavior in our game, whether it be in public chat or private chat. SSCU Trench Wars will not be a haven for toxic behavior that prey on those with mental health difficulties or who may be otherwise susceptible to persuasion of this sort. There is legal precedent in the United States that this sort of suicide baiting is punishable by law.

Determination of rule violations will be made on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Head Ban Operator and Assistant Ban Operator. Please note that statements such as ?die when hit,? ?die loser,? ?go die,? while not pleasant, do not constitute a violation of this rule. This rule is intended to protect the vulnerable among us from predatory behavior specifically intended to persuade a fellow player to harm themselves or commit suicide.

B. Specific threats of harm or death that will occur in real life is illegal in SSCU Trench Wars. SSCU Trench Wars has a zero tolerance policy for this sort of behavior in our game, whether it be in public chat or private chat. Determination of rule violations will be made on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Head Ban Operator and Assistant Ban Operator. Please note that statements that relate to a player dying in-game do not constitute a violation of this rule. Rather, statements such as "I'm going to come to your house and murder you while you sleep" are the types of messages that are illegal.

1st Offense BanG Duration... 3 days
      2nd Offense BanG Duration... 14 days
      3rd Offense BanG Duration... 30 days
      4th Offense BanG Duration... 90 days
      5th Offense BanG Duration... 180 days
      6th Offense BanG Duration... 360 days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note: Moderators have been advised that any questionable situations should be forwarded to Ban Operators for review, so enforcement of this rule in questionable situations may not be instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        I was reading the TWDT Hot or Not, and I thought to myself: "something seems odd about this".

I realised it was because skyforger had played.

But earlier that day skyforger had committed his 2nd Offense by telling my to kill myself twice. I had reported it and provided screenshots to BIET.

So skyforger should have received a 14 day ban and not been able to play TWDT.

Does staff really believe this rule did not apply when skyforger told me to kill myself twice yesterday?

Staff, I'm quoting your own rule to you because you seem to not know it.

The question is, are you now liable to kill yourself over it? If not, then it's a moot point. The rules were probably meant to prevent it from being said to those who actually may, like Chewbot and the other obviously mentally ill players in pub who have some major issues going on.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          The question is, are you now liable to kill yourself over it?
          I don't have to answer that.

Comment

I wish this rule had been implemented long ago. I made numerous posts requesting this for years and suffered mentally and lost my position as staff trying to stand up to this terrible abuse issue that has become rampant within the zone. It is a lot too late and way overdue for countless previous players who have already quit the game and my own position of staff which I lost standing up to this nonsense abuse that was allowed to take place openly but I hope now it can do some good for those players we have left and any new ones who may happen into the game.

Racial vilification and sexual orientation vilification and wishing death on players and their family members is disgusting behavior which should have severe consequences.

Thank you for addressing this and now please follow through with these new rules.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Shut up faggot.

Also let Skyforger play don't be retarded, Rab is a bigger cancer in game when blue chat is on, guy cry at every kills.

Comment

Make me hellrazor..jerk! I'll slap you in game like I always do since I own you in every ship. No need to be rude like that to me.

Is sky banned? What for if so? He is no where near that bad as many in this game from my personal opinion.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
                  Shut up faggot.
                  That's a derogatory term which is against rule 4 at A1. Sould be a silence/ban from the game and forum.

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                  Is sky banned? What for if so? He is no where near that bad as many in this game from my personal opinion.
                  I think he had 1 ban already for telling people to kill themselves.
                  My point is he told me to kill myself twice yesterday, so he should have been banned. I realised he hadn't been banned for it when he showed up in the TWDT hot or not. I demand to know why staff thought it was OK to let skyforger tell me to kill myself.
                  If you haven't had problems with him, you've been lucky.

Comment

Make me hellrazor..jerk! I'll slap you in game like I always do since I own you in every ship. No need to be rude like that to me.

I remember once you faked ddos because I was beating you in wb pub duel, of course it's a close arena you can't constantly run in here lol. Just shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      That's a derogatory term which is against rule 4 at A1. Sould be a silence/ban from the game and forum.

I think he had 1 ban already for telling people to kill themselves.
                      My point is he told me to kill myself twice yesterday, so he should have been banned. I realised he hadn't been banned for it when he showed up in the TWDT hot or not. I demand to know why staff thought it was OK to let skyforger tell me to kill myself.
                      If you haven't had problems with him, you've been lucky.
                      I somewhat like this guy because he remind the good old Adolf.

Comment

It is a lot too late and way overdue for countless previous players who have already quit life
                        FTFY

Seriously though staff need to apply common sense rather than seek an easy way out banning a certain keyword no matter what. This rule already says it's intended to protect the vulnerable among us from predatory behavior specifically intended to persuade a fellow player to harm themselves or commit suicide. Determination of rule violations will be made on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Head Ban Operator and Assistant Ban Operator. The rule should have been this long.

Context is everything. So do use common sense as intended rather than like robots hunt for some keywords. The later doesn't reach the goal and leads to bullshit policies like we already have with n1gg3r being banned but cracker and chink being fine, where I'd argue the policy is more racist than a mere word without context or consideration of the race of the participants. Same with this, replace "kill yourself" with "go die" or add "but barely survive" and Chewbot or whoever is the legitimate reason for this rule will be fucked with by some assholes. There's probably 1000 other loopholes to go around stupidly banning a keyword. Be smarter about it, consult your staff peers if in doubt, you can do it TW staff.

Comment

Sky is correct. Context is key here.

We're also hoping to apply a more contextual approach to racism. The reason the n-word is punished more often is because it's the most common racial slur, and also one that is racist in pretty much every context.

For speech that is simply undesirable or disruptive, I've finished most of the code work that will allow players to mute others temporarily, if there are multiple reports and a moderator verifies the reports are not fraudulent. Rather than relying on hard and fast rules about what is considered disruptive, the community will decide. This will be a bit of an experiment, and may have some growing pains. Or may not work at all. We'll have to see.
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I always had problems with this guy but what he say is so accurate. I use more the word nigger than if it wasn't a keyword, because it is incredibly stupid. "Americans" are fun, they brag about their famous first amendment, but prohibits the use of certain words. In France there is an expression : "je ne suis pas am?ricain" translate "i'm not american" which means I'm not stupid.

Edit : but lets be real it will going worse with time and I bet on a f-word in the near future.

Comment

So what's the context behind staff letting sky off for telling me to kill myself?

Comment

Ya case by case is ok as long as it is fair and not preferential. Ogron always tells me and others to die in a fire but I'm sure no consequence will be made against him.. sigh.
                                Some trash talk and jokes are fine but the pattern of abuse by certain players is what is needed to be dealt with.
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X