Increase rewards for winning events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase rewards for winning events

Hi, can we please increase the reward for winning an event from $25k to $250k pubbux. Currently there is little incentive to participating in events, and if there is a more sizable reward more people would come out. One can easily earn more than $25k by skipping the event and just playing pub for 15 minutes

cant staff create pubbux out of thin air and not require donations for events?

Comment

For a long time there was never even rewards given for events.. i know i started doing them alot on events last year... to motivate activity in events.... and i know there was some inflation concern but they are low relatively compared to pub but only if a festival is being run..... if its not being run... the prizes are still plenty...

but normal ER's can not just create coupons or pub bux out of thin air no... they would need upperstaff to do that.... they can do event rewards and all are monitored and logged as to whats being given away.....
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

The enjoyment of events is its own reward! But, fair point -- as we've begun awarding more substantial $ for elim, implemented milestones, etc., $25K now means less than it used to. It will bump up to $50K, and hosts can offer more than one shot of this for large events, weekend events, special events, etc.

(I seriously hope you don't choose what part of TW you play based on which gives you the most spacedollars, though! If that's the case, in the words of slightly older internet: you're doing it wrong.)
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Thanks Qan I think it's a good change, let's see if it increases event participation in the coming weeks.

Here's some other ideas to think about:
          - scaling reward with # of people participating. More players, less chance of winning = more reward
          - event buy-in. People pay to play and the winner takes the pot

Not making any formal requests on above points but want to raise it to staff to ponder. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X