Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim Season 11 is now complete

Elim Season 11 is now complete.

The map will be updated shortly. There is still one season left to qualify for the Elim World Championship finals. I think a Top 7 finish in the final season should be good enough to make it, although if you want to be safe a Top 5 finish would guarantee it given the standings.

Pub bux and medals will be handed out by staff at some point.

Elim Season 12 will run from August 31st to October 31st. If the Top 25 players in WB don't hit 1800 games played combined with a median of 70 games played, the season will be extended 2 weeks until that limit is hit.

The Finals will take place around two weeks after Season 12 completes (mid to late November probably), ending the official elim seasons for 2019.

If someone else wants to run Elim 2020 in terms of seasons and a WC final, I would recommend doing 4 seasons a year, 2 months long (with the same minimums), and then holding a Final in October. Then take a few months break with official seasons that go on the map. Interest has waned since a big peak in interest in Seasons 9 and 10.

top 100 basers list

oops, i meant to put this in general :<
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Trapped = Lasenza in my humble sureness.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
        Trapped = Lasenza in my humble sureness.
        He does follow me a bunch....would kind of make sense?
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Biet has updated the season 11 skins. You should be able to access your new skins!
          1:waven> u challenge
          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
            Biet has updated the season 11 skins. You should be able to access your new skins!
            Could someone update the elim map so I can see how many points I have and who I need to beat out to make the final 20? Why are shitty skins a bigger deal than the 'elim league' the entire thing is based around?
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Could someone update the elim map so I can see how many points I have and who I need to beat out to make the final 20? Why are shitty skins a bigger deal than the 'elim league' the entire thing is based around?
              Thanks for mentioning, updated.

Thought Wirah got it, but I was mistaken. Been traveling around quite a lot so I haven't been able to keep an eye on things as much as I'd like. It's not so much that skins are a bigger deal so much as that efforts are divided and only loosely coordinated, this being an online-only 100% volunteer operation. We do try, though.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

qan WingZero Wirah

We need to test out a bot for the Elim final within the next 2 months, one that plays an elim game with everyone starting out with 7 deaths, and gaining 1 extra life for every 2 kills, to make sure it works and feels right for the Finals.

​​​​​​​Thanks!
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                  We need to test out a bot for the Elim final within the next 2 months, one that plays an elim game with everyone starting out with 7 deaths, and gaining 1 extra life for every 2 kills, to make sure it works and feels right for the Finals.
                  Shouldn't be too tough. I'll add a ticket for a finals mode with these details.

Unless I'm able to get to this in the next two weeks, I will not personally be available for this work, however, as I'll be taking an intensive course through October and traveling extensively the first part of November. I'd try and secure a commitment from either WingZero or BIET. But the work's minimal so I may be able to get to it soon as well.

Implementation details:
                  - Finals mode which disables all automated starting, and requires a host to run a special command to start
                  - On starting finals mode, arena does not unlock automatically
                  - Host command to add players manually
                  - !late disabled (any other cmds that need to be disabled?)
                  - Match scores are not recorded
                  - 7 deaths
                  - +1 life for every 2 kills

Questions:
                  - Will it be a single game per ship, or multiple? A single might be more dramatic, but would also risk being underwhelming, reliant somewhat on chance, and not representative of the actual skill required to maintain a strong performance across this many seasons. Multiple places less intensity on any single match, but in exchange would somewhat reduce unfairness and perceived unfairness associated with chance spawns, strays, lag, errors and so on, perhaps leading to a more satisfying outcome. Your show here, but something to consider, at least.
                  - What day/time will it be scheduled? It will have to be arranged not to interfere with any league running at the time. But should probably be given preference, considering the length of time leading up to it.
                  - What comes next? Single season (still recorded on map), followed by another Championship? Modified implementation details based on outcome of this one?
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

1. also forgot to add: when only 3 players are left, the bot needs to stop adding lives for kills.
                    2. i'd just do a single game for wb, and a single game for jav. it's just for fun.
                    3. not sure on the time/date yet

4. season 12 should be the final season for 2019. for 2020, someone else can run it, i'm 100% done with doing stuff for elim, was just to get the ball rolling.

personally, i'd just get someone to run 4 elim seasons per year, with the set minimums in place for a season to count that i used, and if not met, extend the season 2 weeks until it does.

at the end of each year, run an elim world championship using the bot for this final that will be made.

that means updating the map 4x a year, which should keep people interested. update season 12 will the EWC top 5 finishers for each year -- i.e., the final 5 players in the finals who went positive (11 kills minimum), and give a medal to those 5.

official elim seasons need a few months off, interest has waned since it's peak seasons 8/9/10. i'd even consider just disabling elim between the finals and february or something, let wbduel, javduel, twd, go base, etc. get more spotlight, then you can come back with elim and it gets some hype. people get bored with too much of the same.

after the EWC Finals and the TWDT Finals (writing hot or nots), i'm taking a long break from contributing, so hopefully others pick up the torch.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Finals mode added. Will need testing. Basically the bot is prevented from playing normal elim games when it's loaded in that mode, which is enabled via a config file. Then a host will need to manually place players into the game and start finals.

Don't have time to test it myself, as I'll be in Peru for the next month (the country, not the player) and have only a couple of hours of free time each week.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                        Finals mode added. Will need testing. Basically the bot is prevented from playing normal elim games when it's loaded in that mode, which is enabled via a config file. Then a host will need to manually place players into the game and start finals.
                        Nice work Qan, thanks.

Originally posted by qan
                        Don't have time to test it myself, as I'll be in Peru for the next month (the country, not the player)
                        LOL

top 100 basers list

Comment

Claushouse time to update this i'm very excited to wear my new season 12 javelin skin.
                          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
                            Claushouse time to update this i'm very excited to wear my new season 12 javelin skin.
                            I doubt this criteria was met:

Elim Season 12 will run from August 31st to October 31st. If the Top 25 players in WB don't hit 1800 games played combined with a median of 70 games played, the season will be extended 2 weeks until that limit is hit.
                            I'll check it once the website works again.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                            X