!buy stfu message and some other things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !buy stfu message and some other things

That screeching sound that can occur all of a sudden really bothers me and can't !buy stfu the !buy stfu message. No way to turn this off, is there?

Also, sometimes the pub flag disappears and I can't capture it, especially when I've just logged in. I'm sure you've all experienced it. Just wondering wether it's like fixable/ improvable or just due to personal/ a player's lag and nothing much to do about it.

Was playing a while back at peak hours (late evening - night time in Europe). A pretty intense basing game was going on in pub, with lots of people involved. Man that was good fun! Like old times. Was sprayin' down lanc spreads across the flagroom >:-))

(Ps. Smiley images appear broken.)

The flag disappearing is common, it's still loading in when you log in and get in, after a short time it's back. As for the screeching sound, you play with sound on? lol

Comment

I don't get that sound, maybe I have ?music=0, try that.
      +1 to the flag thing

Comment

How many pubbux to shut Rab the hell up?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          I don't get that sound, maybe I have ?music=0, try that.
          +1 to the flag thing
          I'll give that a shot thx

Comment

It was set as the Hallelujah sound, so turning music off wouldn't do anything. Maybe that sound file is corrupt on your system. You can test this by PMing yourself with %5.

I'll try changing it to something else, as that sound is often used for an event ending and is somewhat confusing to use in this situation.

Smilies have been restored. Thanks for the heads up on that. It happened in our move to the new forums.

The flag issue, as has been mentioned, isn't something that can easily be fixed. It should be controlled by the Flag:EnterGameFlaggingDelay setting. However, this was set to 0, which should mean there's no delay. But that's not always the case -- sometimes 0 can be a special setting, for example. I'll see if setting it to 1 will improve anything. There may be other settings involved, such as Flag:FlagBlankDelay, too.

http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Flag_Settings
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Thanks Qan :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
              X