elim out of base deaths warning isn't long enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elim out of base deaths warning isn't long enough

This doesn't give players long enough to get back in base. May as well just take a death at 0 seconds.
    Code:
        Robo Ref> WARNING: You have 3 seconds to return to base or you will begin incurring deaths.
        Robo Ref> Too long outside base: +1 death

So dont leave it faggot.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

In a day of big resolution and runners/radar players, who try to get 5-0 wins in elim by playing safe and letting the other 19 players eliminate one another, we're going to complain about not enough time outside of base.

Comment

I am horrible at Javelin, one of the worst in the zone.
        Even I don't have this problem.
        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
        (10 seconds later)
        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

I think that only happens the SECOND time you leave the base because I always leave the base and return and only rarely run into this problem.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

This happened to me after I died and respawned.
            I spent a few seconds typing, then this appeared.
            3 seconds to get from spawn to base isn't possible.
            I didn't leave base.

Comment

thats odd, i thought you had at least 8-10 seconds before it started warning you to get to base

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

The code is a bit hard to track because there are some magic numbers involved, not always the most descriptive variable/method names, and insufficient comments. (One of WingZero's earlier efforts IIRC. Don't mean to call you out, WZ; just have spent a lot of time debugging this bot and it's been kind of frustrating.)

There's a place where this out of bounds object is fired with only 3 seconds. It looks as though this happens when you've already had a warning about going out of bounds, you're in the base, and you leave the base again. It shouldn't be firing when you're just in spawn. If this happens when you respawn it's a bug. Can you try and reproduce it? This is the first I've heard of it. May have been a fluke ... for example, maybe your death packet was dropped or delayed.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I doubt I can reproduce it tbh. I don't recall getting an earlier warning.
                  If you change the 3 to a 10 then people can just get to base in time and it won't ever be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                    I doubt I can reproduce it tbh. I don't recall getting an earlier warning.
                    If you change the 3 to a 10 then people can just get to base in time and it won't ever be a problem.
                    its there to specifically prevent people that are in base from running outside. allowing people to leave the base for 10 seconds at a time would be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

allowing people to leave the base for 10 seconds at a time would be stupid.
                      like,
                      really stupid

Comment

Working...
                      X