No announcement yet.

Server Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

qan i think we should generally lift (or raise) lag limits for TWDT this Sunday, and have staff go on a case-by-case basis and use common sense.

Particularly packet loss, the ceiling needs to be raised from 3% to maybe 6%. There's too many people getting specced at like 3.2, 3.8, 4.5%.

It's better to have a laggy game than a bunch of forfeits or people in spec, and it's the regular season.

I'd raise ploss limits in TWDD, TWBD, and TWJD to 5-6% ploss, too, until further notice.

I think those would be sensible, the lagouts are just ruining games.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
      I'm sure with the current hardcore player base, we could all donate a small amount each month via standing order. If it's just 10 dollars (which I'm pretty certain most active players would pay) it would generate a lot of money to get a decent server and also bank some money.

Kind of like a 3 month subscription to anyone who wishes to partake in.

i was a subscriber at patreon for months and wouldn't mind payin $10-15 a mounth to keep this game goind, just felt wrong to give patreon $2.5 every mounth so i stoped. give me a easy way to pay monthly without giving the big companies money and iw will do it!
      10* Spectator
      Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
      https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
      Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

Heads up, was playing some CS and noticing a lot of issues there as well. Not latency/lag, but lost packets causing erratic position updates/big jumps.

Very likely this is a general internet issue that's only worsening the smaller problems you usually see.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

The internet is pretty much fucked:

https://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map/

https://downdetector.com/status/cox-communications/map/

https://downdetector.com/status/rcn/map/

Should really postpone DT this weekend. And if we're lifting lag limits we should really ban warbirds from bd and dtb.
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

briefly played hz, no c2s there

also observed the ?lag output is different, maybe a subgame vs asss thing idk.

tw:
            PING Current:100 ms Average:90 ms Low:80 ms High:140 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.3%

hz:
            lag: ping: s2c: 80 (80-80) c2s: 39 (30-40) loss: s2c: 0.27 (1.03) c2s: 0.00 (0.00) etc: flux: 0,0 (0,0)
            Last edited by Rab; 03-20-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I've drastically loosened lag limits in all the major arenas. Can see if it helps. So far seems to be working.

Can always try tether/VPN for different options if that's still not enough.

Yeah, that's Subgame vs ASSS. ASSS might be able to handle all of this better as well. Difference could also be server location vs outages/parts of the net struggling.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

I don't know if there's an automated way to do it, as in fill out a form, but I send you a subscription invoice from the TW PP for $10. That will only cost us about $0.50, which is not bad. If you want to do more one month you can add a tip, heh. Thanks for keeping it going!

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                  qan i think we should generally lift (or raise) lag limits for TWDT this Sunday, and have staff go on a case-by-case basis and use common sense.

Particularly packet loss, the ceiling needs to be raised from 3% to maybe 6%. There's too many people getting specced at like 3.2, 3.8, 4.5%.

It's better to have a laggy game than a bunch of forfeits or people in spec, and it's the regular season.

I'd raise ploss limits in TWDD, TWBD, and TWJD to 5-6% ploss, too, until further notice.

I think those would be sensible, the lagouts are just ruining games.
                  Missed this one, the day was hectic.

Yeah, agreed, as well as on the numbers. Lag settings updated in most common arenas including the first two of TWDD/J/B. Mostly I focused on ploss. I just now adjusted the bot numbers as well because those were getting in the way, despite being pretty lenient. If the bot catches you, you can re-enter and have clean record, though getting an early spike will mean you have to quit out again. Luck of the draw there.

I set a reminder to widen bot lag settings for DT. Right now just server settings are set for those, 1-4.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                    I don't know if there's an automated way to do it, as in fill out a form, but I send you a subscription invoice from the TW PP for $10. That will only cost us about $0.50, which is not bad. If you want to do more one month you can add a tip, heh. Thanks for keeping it going!
                    done and done! glad to help!
                    10* Spectator
                    Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
                    https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
                    Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

Working...
                    X