custom subspace covid masks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kthx View Post

It's over dramatized, I'm not sure how to give you the infection percentage in metric unfortunately.
    Over dramatized... Lol....
    That it kills old ppl the most doesnt matter. The fact that even young people get life time damage in their lungs or other places is much more trouble. Acting like this is just some other flu is beyond stupid. A friend of mine had it, only 27 years old. But he had the most scary time of his life and he wasnt 'hit' hard enough to be taken into a hospital. Imagine being stressed out 24/7 for several days if you dont know you can get enough breaths to survive.

Besides the infection percentage is really hard to define. You dont always know if you had it or you didnt had it. Flu was running over here at the same time, so not every death got counted or tested for corona. There is simply a lack in informatie to be completely accurate. USA has tested a lot more than many European countries, so yea your infection and death ratio seem to be much lower. While in reality no one knows the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

Over dramatized... Lol....
      That it kills old ppl the most doesnt matter. The fact that even young people get life time damage in their lungs or other places is much more trouble. Acting like this is just some other flu is beyond stupid. A friend of mine had it, only 27 years old. But he had the most scary time of his life and he wasnt 'hit' hard enough to be taken into a hospital. Imagine being stressed out 24/7 for several days if you dont know you can get enough breaths to survive.

Besides the infection percentage is really hard to define. You dont always know if you had it or you didnt had it. Flu was running over here at the same time, so not every death got counted or tested for corona. There is simply a lack in informatie to be completely accurate. USA has tested a lot more than many European countries, so yea your infection and death ratio seem to be much lower. While in reality no one knows the truth.
      Theres always some virus or bacteria that is going to kill everyone, eventually people will get an immunity to it and the immunity will be passed down to the next generation. Just a natural part of life, the fact that we try so hard to save everyone stops natural selection and weakens humanity. Besides eventuallybthe virus will mutate into a weaker strain because a virus that is too good at killing its host doesn't survive long enough to spread. The problem will take care of itself like it always has.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

Theres always some virus or bacteria that is going to kill everyone, eventually people will get an immunity to it and the immunity will be passed down to the next generation. Just a natural part of life, the fact that we try so hard to save everyone stops natural selection and weakens humanity. Besides eventuallybthe virus will mutate into a weaker strain because a virus that is too good at killing its host doesn't survive long enough to spread. The problem will take care of itself like it always has.
        True on that its idiotic on wanting to save everyone. But saying this wont last long is a big guess. No one knows enough about this virus, especially the 'normal' people. We never had such a virus with such a big pipulation on earth. It doesnt help that we were able to travel so easily. It could have been stoppen in China, but no one took it serious.

​​​

Comment

True on that its idiotic on wanting to save everyone. But saying this wont last long is a big guess. No one knows enough about this virus, especially the 'normal' people. We never had such a virus with such a big pipulation on earth. It doesnt help that we were able to travel so easily. It could have been stoppen in China, but no one took it serious.

​​​
          It isn't the first time we have had pandemics which I use loosely in major population centers though. I believe that the death rate of covid is around the same as most flu viruses. Sure the latency period is higher and it is most likely more infectious than many viruses but the death rate is pretty pedestrian. Most deaths are older people or people with conditions that already weaken someone's lungs which is pretty normal as well. On top of that the media conveniently pushes the virus as an issue for everyday activities while completely ignoring the impact from protests and riots. In my mind it is overblown to push an agenda, however I am not saying people shouldn't try to be careful to a certain extent or around people at risk from the virus. I am not saying it's fake or anything retarded like that, just that the idea that wearing masks is "the new normal" is retarded.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

​​​
            I think I have a fairly common sense approach as it isn't a black and white issue, like most things in life.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Not to mention that the serology testing they use for positives is notoriously inaccurate
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Here is the perspective from my chair as a immunocompromised person for the last 6 years. First, welcome to my world. I find this sudden appreciation of ‘medical ethics’ to be interesting. No one cared about the million+ immunocompromised people walking around before COVID; no one wore masks, no one cared about going to work when they were sick, no one washed their hand before shaking yours, no one had an issue with sending their ill kids to school.

But that aside, I do not how anyone can tell where the medical theater stops and the factual info begins. In the US every single current event is immediately weaponized and turned into a political football. Data and metrics get spun to fit whatever political narrative is desired. And ultimately; people prefer to believe what they prefer to be true.

As a person who is basically a professional patient, I have had a ringside seat to COVID in my part of the US. The crap that is being regurgitated in the media is only believed by the most na?ve people. Here is an example.

Years ago I figured out that I needed to be my own advocate of my healthcare. And after sitting through most of February with various nursing home people dying around me and no sign of any proactive response, I hunted down a university study that I could join so I could get COVID testing; so I have been doing home COVID antibody testing on myself (blood test). Over 18,000 people in my state joined the study and everyone started by fulling out daily surveys in April but the test fixtures were not yet available. Finally in mid-June over 11,000 of tests were released over a period of 5 days. Within a few days these test results got reported to the state. The media noticed the ‘surge’ in the number of recorded COVID cases but the ‘surge’ was actually only due to the study and the large jump in the number of tests. Note that the antibody test we do looks for both immunoglobulin g and immunoglobulin m; this means the ‘surge’ actually included people who no longer were sick but had COVID months ago. But this did not stop the media from spinning that my state was experiencing a ‘huge surge in cases’ which they then tied the ‘surge’ to stupid young people and anyone else who ‘didn’t care’.

Another example. I have had the misfortune of having a number of surgeries over the last 6 months. My state shut down include disallowing ‘elective procedures’ so the hospitals were ghost towns. I got parking spaces right up front, no waiting rooms, nurses and doctor standing around with nothing to do. I could get a surgical schedule date typically within a day or two. Three weeks ago I had to have another surgery. My state has lifted the shut down and the hospitals are now packed full of people who put off elective procedures for months. They are testing every who is having a procedure no matter if you have symptoms or not. So if you go into my local hospital for a broken leg you get COVID tested, and if you test positive you are listed as a ‘COVID hospitalization’. The media is spinning this as ‘hospitals are filling up’ and that ‘COVID hospitalizations’ are increasing without full disclosure about why some of the data is showing this.

Of course COVID can be deadly to some people; it is deadly to those with pre-existing conditions. Yet it is very difficult to find any information on COVID deaths for healthy people, no one seems to be tracking this critical metric. This is not a ‘old people’ virus, it is a ‘pre-existing condition virus’. If you are young and have cancer, COVID is deadly. If you are young and are on dialysis, COVID is deadly. But if you are healthy, at virtually any age, the odds of COVID death is extremely low. You have more risk every time you get in a car.

Risk analysis has two parts; ‘likelihood’ and ‘impact’. The media and political weaponization of topics is driving fear but only concentrating on the ‘impact’ and intentionally avoiding the ‘likelihood’. They need everyone to be mad at each other and there to be division; this is how they are making money. Eyeballs and click. Morons and other lemming are obediently falling their manipulations. COVID, racism, women's right, global warming, etc are all important topics which have now been greatly damaged by the media and politicians by weaponizing them for their own use. I think that people need to wake up and smell the manipulation.
                Eph

Comment

Very well-said, Eph.

After stepping outside the western world for half a decade, it was incredible to return to see how much has changed in such a short time, though it's been ramping up slowly for quite some time.

We're now in a situation where trying to perform analysis is considered partisan, because results will inevitably serve to buoy one camp or the other. Facts are unwelcome if they disagree with a particular side. They're outright rejected and discredited as being propaganda if they don't align with one's preexisting beliefs. Very little effort is placed on attempting to actually get at the truth of the matter. It's much more reliant on whether or not evidence supports a political agenda; if it does not, it should be minimized and swept aside as much as possible; if it does, it should be shouted from the rooftops, smugly, and the foe's face should be rubbed in it. Your side is "good". The "enemy" is "evil". Your side is always right. The other is always wrong, and only manipulates the truth for nefarious means.

I have heard of people ending long-time friendships for something as ultimately trivial as their vote for a presidential candidate. People are unwilling to have a simple discussion with "the enemy" and jump from 0 to 10 with emotionally-charged reactions and insults. It's really tiresome. I can't believe that this is the framework from which a large number of people willfully operate. Life inside the mind of one of these very sick individuals must be waking nightmare, constantly on edge, always on the verge of fight or flight. I imagine it will also shorten their lifespans by a measurable degree, to say nothing of the unending torment those years will consist of.

Divide and conquer, as the old adage goes. Mission accomplished.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I respect your experiences a lot, Eph. But, as deep as your experiences are, they are only one persons perspective.

You should first be aware that your arguments are interestingly fallacious (look up: reification OR the fallacy of misplaced concreteness). Your arguments and abstractions use definitions (like "immunocompromised" and "pre-existing") that are themselves abstractions. If we use traditional definitions of pre-existing conditions, then you do realize a large amount of the US is at risk? Obesity, diabetes, even asthma can be fit into the box of pre-existing conditions and are reported as such in COVID-related deaths.

People seem to think because they don't have AIDS or some chronic condition then they don't have a pre-existing condition. No. Your obesity is your pre-existing condition. Your diabetes is too. Oh you have an inhaler you use from time to time? You too. Oh you have psoriasis and you take some meds for it? You too. I don't think you realize how many people fit into this box of immunocompromised. You know people with moderate asthma taking meds fall into this category too?
                    4:BigKing> xD
                    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                    4:BigKing> what did i do???
                    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                    4:BigKing> ???? why though
                    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Seeing as we're broadly in agreement, can we remove all the political bullshit from TW now?

Comment

Health Care for all! This barbaric system is unacceptable in the usa. Literally in states like Florida the #1 reason for homelessness is medical debt. Healthcare for profit using middle man insurance companies are unnecessary and plain evil making our costs higher than ALL of the rest of the worlds.

Covid is dangerous obviously as I know 5 people who died from it the youngest being 36. Real friends try and correct misguided thought processes. I know Trump supporters and they always say the dumbest stuff and test my patience. Can I still be friends with them though? Sure... but it DOES effect my overall opinion of them in the long run?.. yes.. Belief systems DO play a part in friendship. Politics is like religion. An often unspoken permeation that will effect those around them.

These times are trying and policy makers are being more and more divisive. The fragility of the USA system is exposed and amplified because of Covid and Trump actively playing off of the divisions. I focus on him and the republicans as they are the ones in power currently and will bring as much fire to the dems when this idiot Biden wins. Silence is COMPLICITY in these troubling times. Stand up to injustice !!

Stop the wars/ military industrial complex. Stop the prison industrial system. Defund the police with sensible budget cuts. Police need retraining and accountability and input independent review boards for misconduct. Karens need fines for improperly using 911. I could say so much more sigh.. Social equality is the goal with more compassion for ALL on EVERY SIDE. :nice:
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Great post qan, despite that I feel concerned by your statement. Because I absolutely hate leftists and reject every one of them. In France media personalities cried on live TV when Trump got elected, for real. The public crying with them, lol. It was more moderate among the people but still Trump is seen as evil as Hitler here (not that I don't like it you know right ahahah). Divide and conquer, as the old adage goes. Mission accomplished. Yes it is.

Black people supportive of the LGBT movement named BLM are stupid, all have on common to hate Trump. https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/07/j...this-november/ Ex-Democrat Vernon Jones knows.
                          Let's not talk about the white ones, the worse part of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
                            Black people supportive of the LGBT movement named BLM are stupid
                            :laugh::laugh::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::lau gh4::laugh::laugh:

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Could you be any more less informed? :rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolle yes4:

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Who's talking

Comment

and by less informed you mean less brainwashed, fuck off back to twitter ty.

Comment

Working...
                                X