Database-powered ?find command: !lastseen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database-powered ?find command: !lastseen

TW-PubSystem now has a feature that allows you to see when any player was last online:

!lastseen <name>

This is a feature inspired by Chaos/League 4v4, who have had it active for many years, and successfully. Of course, there are some negatives, but the many positives seem to outweigh them. Also, technically, you've always been able to see this information via the Public Statistics page on the main site, so it's not really showing anything new.

I'd ask that you don't spam it with huge lists of names so that we don't have to throttle it somehow. Just use it responsibly and we can all benefit.
    Last edited by qan; 07-29-2020, 08:27 PM.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Nice, thanks Qan.

Another really useful bot function would be one that can list all the squads you own. There are so many squads lost to the ether simply because player's cannot remember what they've registered in the past. I remember there was a bot programmed by someone on the old nn2 chat that performed this function. I guess they had it linked to some kind of comprehensive dictionary - perhaps the scrabble dictionary - which was able to fire off thousands of ?squadowner requests and collate that information. You could even do this across multiple languages. I know the argument against is that, if someone's name is hacked, then the hacker can immediately find out and harvest the squads, but feel this would be both rare and reversible. I definitely feel they'd be an immense benefit of having a richer variety of squad names in regular use.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Dezmond was working on something like this for TW. Got through only a few results, though. There's an issue of command throttling. You can see them in a player's public statistics. trenchwars.org/index.php?v=pubstats

This is the sort of thing that a biller upgrade such as POiD's would be able to work around.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

So the big whoop here is a glorified version of ?find, which tells you the same thing minus the exact minute

Comment

...and only goes back 10 days, yes. Other than that exceedingly small difference, they are exactly the same, as you say.

Comment

Working...
          X