No announcement yet.

Draft tourny (2) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have evidence (you seem pretty convinced) of a child being molested then chances are you are the molester.
    Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
    1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Remember when Anon's team, lead by me, won the basing final 7v8? that was rockin
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

BWC CANADA SEASON II -- all me.

same with bitmap
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure if this is gonna happen again. Kinda hard to get dedicated people and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
            BWC CANADA SEASON II -- all me.

same with bitmap
            all me. any other team won bwc with a warbird?!?!?!

anywho, whoever the losers are saying the old cliche about how a draft tourny won't work - shove it.

the previous one worked fine. consider it an alpha test for all you hardcore video gamers (i just learned the term last week).

anyways, the tourny didn't fall apart, and alot of good came out of it. better captaining would have ensured better results i am sure. but we made do.

i don't have a whole lot of time on my hands to pick up again. . . i guess it's something to think about maybe? it's not like we have a whole lot else to do. . .
            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
            Philos> there is something about you
            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Im all yours PL :P Just get good caps and it will work.

Comment

K, i dont know much about DT, but here are some ideas to make it work:

1) make the draft tourny all in 1 weekend. you spread it out, and participation will suffer tremendously. sports tournaments are almost always held within 1 weekend. it's an intense, concentrated event full of energy, and it's alot of fun.

Make it between like 3pm EST and 6pm EST on saturday, a match every 20 minutes minutes (DD, JD, BD). This promotes a larger roster and keeps things moving (non-stop action), and increases an emphasis on having a good time rather than being hell bent on winning (or both ). Get BD matches on saturday as races to 10, and limit DD and JD to 1 round only (like TWLD).

Then hold the quarters, semi's and finals on sunday between 3 EST - finish.

im presuming there are 8 teams? 2 conferences (ie, 'a' and 'b', you play each team in your conference for rank, then move onto quarters the next day, 1a vs 4b, 2a vs 3b, etc...) until you have a DT winner.

b) Disable TWD bots and tourny during those hours. Create a spectatorship and importance around the DT tourament. A tournament is alot more fun when there are alot of people watching and a focus on it! And squads can't steal your players for TWD matches.

c) hold the signup between monday and friday just before the event, you want people there that week, DT fresh in their minds.

I think if DT was held this way, it would be a total fucking blast
                Last edited by ogron; 10-07-2004, 10:46 AM.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Man that would just take way too much time claushouse.

Anyway, I know Randedl just feels that way because he helped run the draft tourny. Face it, there were a LOT of problems. My team played the final base match with 7 players for Christ sakes- which I guess is kinda a moot point since we won anyway. Claushouse is right- when something like a draft tourny is spread out over like 7-8 weeks, people completely lose interest and won't make any special arrangements to show up for a game. Then you had the people that signed up and got on a team and never showed up. I think my team's roster had like 4-5 people that never even joined the chat, let alone showed up for a game. It was bullshit because the teams were randomed after a certain point, so the captains had no way to weed out these people.

To support my claim that people don't care about the draft tournament, I have a little story. I was watching a few of my squadmates play a base game with their draft team. Halfway in, 2 Disoblige players just left and started to play a TWDD game with their squad, causing their draft team to lose. What kind of bullshit is that? The ONLY way this will work is if the people that fucked it over last year are BANNED from it next time.
                  sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound

Anyway, I know Randedl just feels that way because he helped run the draft tourny. Face it, there were a LOT of problems. My team played the final base match with 7 players for Christ sakes- which I guess is kinda a moot point since we won anyway. Claushouse is right- when something like a draft tourny is spread out over like 7-8 weeks, people completely lose interest and won't make any special arrangements to show up for a game. Then you had the people that signed up and got on a team and never showed up. I think my team's roster had like 4-5 people that never even joined the chat, let alone showed up for a game. It was bullshit because the teams were randomed after a certain point, so the captains had no way to weed out these people.

To support my claim that people don't care about the draft tournament, I have a little story. I was watching a few of my squadmates play a base game with their draft team. Halfway in, 2 Disoblige players just left and started to play a TWDD game with their squad, causing their draft team to lose. What kind of bullshit is that? The ONLY way this will work is if the people that fucked it over last year are BANNED from it next time.
                    okay, so one point thats been mentioned is to ban the people who screwed it last time.

another is to make it shorter, speading it over several weeks doesnt work. but you think that two 3 hour blocks are too much? So what would be a good alternative then? Something in the middle?
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

I think claushouse treats the forums as some Dr. Phil episode. Emotions run deep.
                      Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                      1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Originally posted by King Baba
                        I think claushouse treats the forums as some Dr. Phil episode. Emotions run deep.
                        how leaving my supposed emotional inebriation out of this and replying to the thread smartass
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Ok, so 7 weeks for the tourny is too much and ppl losses interest ? how about like 2 rounds a week, 1 middle of the week and 1 on the weekend. That would probably keep ppl interested, but then again doubt usa guys can showup like 3pm in middle of the week.. dunno then

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound

Yes I saw this. I love the idea but TW's ppl attitude wont let it happen/work -
                            1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                            1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                            1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                            1:Vitja> afk
                            1:Underground> haha vit
                            1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Working...
                            X