Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continue to ckpoon's threads

"Freqswitch killing:
    Although this has been fixed in Continuum, I feel its worth mentioning. I like to call it, team killing for the Warbirds; this is defined as killing someone on your own team as a WB, Cloaker, and Lancaster. This should be dealt with exactly like team killing." -quote from the banning guide.

OMG WHAT IS TEH BANNING GUIGE? I WANNA SEE IT.
    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
    L K> taught u what?
    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

hmmmm, i still don't get how you can tk with a wb .. guess i am to new to know that
    Code:
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
    1:lnx> kk
    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Originally posted by DOTSY
      hmmmm, i still don't get how you can tk with a wb .. guess i am to new to know that
      I think they consider it TKing in a Warbird if you switch freq for the sole purpose to kill teammates, kinda like defecting or turning traitor I guess.

Just think of it as... switching freqs as a jav just to kill the terr so your team can take the base, but instead of helping your team by killing the terr, you opprese your former team by killing your former terr...

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Well it shouldn't matter in which ship u do that. Or how is as example jav different from 'fighter' ships? I think you can do more damage with jav to your ex freq.
        L K> taught u what?
        megaman89> how to suck

Comment

ah look now i get it..

so how can you get banned for it? how will they know, since it is easy just to switch freqs and then just pretend to be one of theirs
          Code:
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
          1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
          1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
          1:lnx> kk
          1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Originally posted by DOTSY
            ah look now i get it..

so how can you get banned for it? how will they know, since it is easy just to switch freqs and then just pretend to be one of theirs
            well, you can get banned for spec hunting too you know, and it's proven the same way as freq switch killing, by witnessing it.
            Before the continuum client it was possible to change freq at the same time as you shot a bullet (I think, I was never able to do it) Some people were abusing it so there had to be a rule made against it. Nowadays the rule works the way spidermage talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Malladrin
              well, you can get banned for spec hunting too you know, and it's proven the same way as freq switch killing, by witnessing it.
              Before the continuum client it was possible to change freq at the same time as you shot a bullet (I think, I was never able to do it) Some people were abusing it so there had to be a rule made against it. Nowadays the rule works the way spidermage talked about.
              So, could someone technically do ?cheater on me for simply changing freqs to play for the team currently holding the flag? Because there are times when I get frustrated enough with my team for not using *any* teamwork whatsoever, that I say fuck it, and switch just so I can actually get some kills and not get raped everytime it turns out that 'm the only one attacking the flagroom.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Next thing you know ..it will be possible to get banned for goin into spec mode when dinner is ready :P
                sigpic

Comment

Freqswitch killing is NOT changing frequencies so that you're now playing on the other team out of spite or something. Freqswitch killing refers to a glitch where it is technically possible for a warbird to both fire a bullet AND change freqs at the exact same time. The net result is that if you're facing a terr and do this, your bullet will end up killing the terr because by the time it gets to him you're on the other team.

This has been pretty well fixed now, but it still happens from time to time.
                  Erathia> Attention the fort! Surrender and die!
                  Melufa> don't you mean surrender or die?
                  Erathia> No... no... I don't see that one working at all...

Comment

I thought that this was fixed in the Continuum client for it not to happen anymore?
                    DELETED

Comment

Keep in mind: you also thought Santa Claus was real for the first act of your life.
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by tahkis
                        "Freqswitch killing:
                        Although this has been fixed in Continuum, I feel its worth mentioning. I like to call it, team killing for the Warbirds; this is defined as killing someone on your own team as a WB, Cloaker, and Lancaster. This should be dealt with exactly like team killing." -quote from the banning guide.

OMG WHAT IS TEH BANNING GUIGE? I WANNA SEE IT.
                        I think only staff has the guide. Which is kind of unlogical because how are we supposed to know how to follow the rules if we can't know they exist?
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Erathia
                          Freqswitch killing is NOT changing frequencies so that you're now playing on the other team out of spite or something. Freqswitch killing refers to a glitch where it is technically possible for a warbird to both fire a bullet AND change freqs at the exact same time. The net result is that if you're facing a terr and do this, your bullet will end up killing the terr because by the time it gets to him you're on the other team.

This has been pretty well fixed now, but it still happens from time to time.
                          So this might happen when you as example shoot, get full charge about same time and then change freq?
                          L K> taught u what?
                          megaman89> how to suck

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                            I think only staff has the guide. Which is kind of unlogical because how are we supposed to know how to follow the rules if we can't know they exist?

AGREED!! wtf? How can one observe ALL the rules and regulations in the "guide" if it cant be viewed by lowly 'players'. I'm kinda interested what this tome includes now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                              thats why things such as Warnings exist.
                              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Working...
                              X