No announcement yet.

New Elim Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the new one, except that it is too big for small elim games. maybe we could get a 3rd tier put in for if the game is under 15 people?

oh yah, and there are some random floating tiles (from the old map?) that look silly and out of place.

finally, the rock at O12 is the first i can think of in a wb dueling arena that is that close to the wall. althought this doesn't make a difference, it looks like this map was thrown together in 2 minutes.

i do like the change though, don't get me wrong!!
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I agree, the change is for the better. It alows 60-70+ people to play quite confortably whereas the last map got stupid at 30-40+

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
        it looks like this map was thrown together in 2 minutes.
        this is all i was trying to say too.

Comment

Are the trees with a rock underneath them an intended eye soar?

Comment

Yeppers

Originally posted by Hercules
            Ive been playing some elim lately, and the spawns on the outside of the map are rediculous.. Before there was only 1 spot to stay out to not get spawned, but now its the whole god damn map.. Guy spawns outside next to you, ur not safe, death.
            I agree.... i was on a 8-0 lead when someone spaned behind me and killed me it was sad. It sucks.. change it back. Please and thankyou

Comment

Spawns don't affect your comparative rating.

Originally posted by Paveo
              I agree.... i was on a 8-0 lead when someone spaned behind me and killed me it was sad. It sucks.. change it back. Please and thankyou
              Well... it's gotta be said.

Unless you are both good enough for your only deaths to be mainly comprised of spawns on a consistent basis and anal enough to care at that point about having a 10000 rating instead of a 7500 (don't all raise your hands at once), it's really rather trivial to whine about spawns at all since the randomness of the spawning affects pretty much everyone who plays in the same way, therefore giving nobody a distinct advantage.

Work on the stuff you can change, and quit whining about the stuff you cannot. For example, you can learn how to dodge. Dodging will do much better for you in the long run than any attempt at eliminating spawning from the game, because chances are unless you're generally a nice guy in elim like me, you do it too.

And I don't have a problem with it, even though I don't do it. You don't have to be a genius to avoid it 90% of the time. Most people who try to spawn when they first appear aim off of impulse, so if you fake at all there's a good chance you'll live, get to kill them, and laugh for about 30 seconds while you're being tk'ed at how dumb they were to even try that crap. Besides, if you're good enough you'll still get #1 anyway right?

As for my official opinion, I like the new map. My bias comes from the fact that it's way easier for me to win due to my playing style. Where it was pretty easy before, now it's just a joke to play. There seems to be too much open space in relation to the players remaining. This comes into account especially towards the ends of matches that had enough people to expand the map.

One thing they did for the short time they had an elim that was semi-popular in DZA was when you got down to the final 3 players they all had to go into a smaller arena to duel it out. It would be cool to have a separate area in the top half of the map somewhere with a smaller space for the final 3 fights. it could be about the size of a box in ?go duel or ?go tournament and the last 3 or 4 people could be warped to the corners of the map so they don't spawn each other.

I doubt this will happen though because too many newbies will be against it, and staff is generally slow to move about doing anything other people suggest (though they usually don't have a problem being impulsive about their own crappy ideas).
              -Dave

Comment

Spawning has never been a problem, just an excuse.
                Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                  Spawning has never been a problem, just an excuse.
                  i would have agreed with you before the new elim map was made, but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by King Baba
                    It looks clumsy and uncenter?

Heh. Just no pleasing some people.
                    WHAT?! uncentered!?

gotta be centered perfect wtf is a map if its not centered...
                    ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
                    ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
                    ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

well yeah, it should be centered.

Comment

Let's see now, recent changes in elim:

1. Greens Removed.
                        2. Changed the map to an incomplete one.
                        3. Spawn areas changed.

All three of them have made elim worse. Removal of greens is more a matter of taste but I liked the occasional full charge you could get. Adds a bit of coincidence to it. More fun that way.

As for the map, incomplete says it all. And lasty the spawn areas. It was much better with one spawn area in the center. Now you aren't safe from spawns, no matter where you are.

Just my thoughts, like somebody would care anyway.

Comment

yeah it's fucked up now, I hope they'll change it fast
                          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Nicely put Darkmoor. The new elim map is as Awesome put it "clumsy and uncentered". There are floating tiles that appear to be from the old map. I have no problem with change, but if you are going to change something, then please take the time to do it right. No offense to whoever chopped the map but just take your time next time. <3 :bigups:
                            Farm> jd = reason i had to buy new monitor

Comment

Change It Back

I liked it when you could just get out into the corners and be safe from spawns. Now your not safe no matter what....you can be all nice in the corner and smack comes a bullet while you see the little blink of a spawn right next to you. Not much you can do about it anymore, you used to be able to just get out into the edges and you'd be ok, not anymore. :chair:

Comment

Working...
                              X