protesting the new settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protesting the new settings

I can't believe my eyes!! the settings in the public rooms are appoling!!! who changed them?? the old settings were a way of life! now the newbs are infesting more then ever. WHAT HAPPEND TO SKILL?! WHAT HAPPEND TO COMMON SENSE?!?!?!?! whoever changed them obviously don't HAVE common sense. so its time fellow players, its time to protest and yell out that those settings should be changed back. if enough of us actually put an effort in it i know we can convince whoever (the er's REFUSE to tell me who changed the settings.) changed them to change them back. it was a fair number of newbs before NOW there is just to many. jav's and war birds are the last that require true skill. if those are changed then i will quit.

i personally am with jeremy with this and i definately dont want to see him quit
    Dice
    TWLB Champions Season 8
    TWLJ Champions Season 8
    TWLB Champions Season 10
    TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

I can take a guess as to why the <ER>'s won't tell you who changed the settings. It's because he is very busy and doesn't need to be disturbed by people constantly by people that want the old settings back to the way it was. The protest is a very bad idea. If you don't like the settings, then leave, or make a poll and send it to wztw@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyhfht
        I can't believe my eyes!! the settings in the public rooms are appoling!!! who changed them?? the old settings were a way of life! now the newbs are infesting more then ever. WHAT HAPPEND TO SKILL?! WHAT HAPPEND TO COMMON SENSE?!?!?!?! whoever changed them obviously don't HAVE common sense. so its time fellow players, its time to protest and yell out that those settings should be changed back. if enough of us actually put an effort in it i know we can convince whoever (the er's REFUSE to tell me who changed the settings.) changed them to change them back. it was a fair number of newbs before NOW there is just to many. jav's and war birds are the last that require true skill. if those are changed then i will quit.
        Ok.. let's start...

First) You made a name... for this forum, JUST to bitch about this, or did you need an excuse to post?

Second) Stop bitching

Third) I agree with Twerp, don't like it leave

Fourth) New settings are fine

Fifth) Javs and Warbirds are the only ones that take "true" skill, please. Warbirds are the EASIEST ship to pick up and play in, because they are the all rounder, thus made to be easy to start with but take skill to master, so saying there are more "newbs" now leads into...

Sixth) A lot of warbirds are just starting, in pretty much all arenas in all zones, thus "newbs"

Seventh) You are an idiot to whine about this, because as I said in Fourth, the settings are fine

Eighth) You want everyone to just be warbird don't you? It's called variety and mixing the game up, oh no wah now this means you can't be god any more in a warbird and kill practically everything without so much as blinking OH THE HORROR

Nineth) Stop your bitching, stop your whining and do this thing called, play. the. damn. game.

Thank you.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
        .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+
          i personally am with jeremy with this and i definately dont want to see him quit
          hahaha, go jeremy, fight the power

Comment

Some people have too much time on their hands(even more than me which is freaking unbelievable).

Comment

well i see i got some replys from more idiots. well welcome to my thred. i hope you enjoy your pathetic notion of "claiming" war bird is a newb ship that is just so damn pathetic it made me laugh. x is now like a war bird with X radar and cloak. so if you dont think that is lame then i think TW is going to go right down to hell. ill quit if i dont get any changes and for those of you who like the new settings be happy to know im negotiating something on the borderline so you newbs get to keep ur lame pubs and there will be at least two old style pubs for us good players to have fun in. enjoy your lame arena's while they last. because one day TW will be empty because of the un-needed and certenly NOT voted on changes.

(btw to the idiot with the 1, 2, 3 ect replys i dont want everybody in a war bird i dont want an x to be so damn fast and yet have cloak that would almost be impossible for even a terr to kill. if you are that pathetic to just sit by and not have any opinion other then the settings are fine you sir are a shadow. a shadow to the ones who made the settings without even asking the players for a vote. THE GAME IS RUN BY PLAYERS!! (i dont know of any poll on that so if there is i apologise) IF THE PLAYERS LEFT TW WOULDNT EXIST!! IF YOU WANT TO MAKE CHANGES YOU TAKE A VOTE TO MAKE SURE A MAJORITY OF THEM AGREE. and for those who dont you make an arena or two of the old settings so EVERYBODY is happy. THAT would be the smart thing to do. unfortunetly no everybody is smart. hence the one who made the above comments).
              Last edited by jeremyhfht; 10-11-2004, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Didnt I ban you from MK once?

Comment

well i see i got some replys from more idiots. well welcome to my thred. i hope you enjoy your pathetic notion of "claiming" war bird is a newb ship that is just so damn pathetic it made me laugh. x is now like a war bird with X radar and cloak. so if you dont think that is lame then i think TW is going to go right down to hell. ill quit if i dont get any changes and for those of you who like the new settings be happy to know im negotiating something on the borderline so you newbs get to keep ur lame pubs and there will be at least two old style pubs for us good players to have fun in. enjoy your lame arena's while they last. because one day TW will be empty because of the un-needed and certenly NOT voted on changes.

(btw to the idiot with the 1, 2, 3 ect replys i dont want everybody in a war bird i dont want an x to be so damn fast and yet have cloak that would almost be impossible for even a terr to kill. if you are that pathetic to just sit by and not have any opinion other then the settings are fine you sir are a shadow. a shadow to the ones who made the settings without even asking the players for a vote. THE GAME IS RUN BY PLAYERS!! (i dont know of any poll on that so if there is i apologise) IF THE PLAYERS LEFT TW WOULDNT EXIST!! IF YOU WANT TO MAKE CHANGES YOU TAKE A VOTE TO MAKE SURE A MAJORITY OF THEM AGREE. and for those who dont you make an arena or two of the old settings so EVERYBODY is happy. THAT would be the smart thing to do. unfortunetly no everybody is smart. hence the one who made the above comments).
                  Lol first, you're a moron. Weasels now being Warbirds with cloak and x radar? Please. Weasels are still "melee" fighters. Their bullet speed is a little faster and perhaps their movement, but they still pretty much have to get in close, unlike let's see... Warbirds, which can nail you from half a radar away or more. Warbirds = easiest ship to use, takes practice to master, thus a newbie ship. When I first played, guess what ship I first jumped into and was taught to play, that's right w a r b i r d. Second, I don't see you bitching about the new lancs, no one voted on them at all, but I suppose you couldn't bitch because thankfully you were not on the forum yet. And let's see, so far in game, in Pub 0, I saw all of only... well you complaining about the new settings, there were at least 6 other players, all who have been around a lot longer than you it seems, that said they liked the new weasel settings, so Trench Wars going down the tubes... I don't see that happening.

Finally, grow up and just play the damn game. Let the weasels actually have some fair chance, because yes, whoopie they have cloak and stealth, big fucking deal, without a full energy green they can only make a kill about every 30 seconds or so, because as I said, they have to get close, whereas Warbirds can mop up enemies in 10 seconds or less, full energy green or no, PLUS they have much more energy than weasels. So stop crying about them helping the weakest ship in the game.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                  .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Not many people here care, cause pubs are where the new players begin when they play in TW. When you goto the forums you're generally talking to people who've been there, done that. Doesn't affect us like it does to new players or pubbers.

Note: You can't set your "Custom Forum Rank" to "Banned", it's all *'d out.
                    DELETED

Comment

well i see i got some replys from more idiots. well welcome to my thred.
                      It's called a thread, not a threat, thed, t5erd.

im negotiating something on the borderline so you newbs get to keep ur lame pubs and there will be at least two old style pubs for us good players to have fun in.
                      The setting changes (the added terrier capacity, the lancaster energy changes and the weasel modifications) can't be modified for single public arenas, the settings for pub are for all of them.

because one day TW will be empty because of the un-needed and certenly NOT voted on changes.
                      There was no need for a vote. The lancs was tested in the twbd and ?go base arena for a while, it looked like it would add some fun to the game and has shown that it can be quite useful at times backing up spiders for base games. The terrier was changed mostly in my opinion for Levi terriers in non pure public arenas, making it more old style like in the old days with super turrets. The x from what I understand might in some kind of way be useful to basing with recent changes and that's all what people care about.

If you want something changed then make your opinion noticed by the community (and by "opinion" I seriously do not mean this sad piece of shit thread you posted) and the first step is to become part of that community, not some random poster with no name. To get something changed or done in this zone you need player support before asking or requesting staffs help and because you came here with an angry disposition, poor spelling and grammer, no one is going to listen, like or want to help you.

Now for the settings, Upper Staff changed it, it's their zone, they pay for it, they can change it. If you want it changed then do it civially and with some class. I suggest you make an online poll, get a petition started or talk with or email some members of upper staff.

Comment

Change happens. Evolve or go away with the dinosaurs.

Comment

The new settings are just great...I love em.

Wanna leave TW Jeremy? theres the door -------> []
                          Dont let it hit you in the ass on the way out. Nobody fuckin cares if you leave TW or not, period...get over it.

You leave gonna do anything to TW? NO! 10,000 people will take your place. Use another scare tactic will ya cuz that one just sux

Now since you use the term "Newbs" so frequently, lemmie shed some light on this for you a little:

1) Pubs are meant for new players. im sure theres an average of 1000 new players to TW every single month. They arent meant for "elitest assholes" like yourself. In fact....it makes the game so much less fun when idiots like you are running around the pub actin like you do and ruining it for people that are just starting out.

I mean whats wrong with being new? Remember when YOU first played the game? Remember how annoyed you got when idiots jumped all over u for being new to the game? Yeah...now yer one of those idiots...congrats moron!

2) If you want skill..this is why TWL, TWD, Elim, and WBDuel exists. Go there if you want more experianced players to play with.

3) Your using the term "Newbie" out of context, and its makin you look like an uneducated moron...please change it. Just tryin to help you out.

I love the new X settings....no longer can the terrier bully them around the pub with "X Hunts". Now the x can fight and win a duel against a terr ez, and thats just great.

All I have to say is if you dont like it...then leave Jeremy.....its not gonna make a differance on whether people play the game or not

Hasta!!
                          xSliderx

3)
                          Marshmallow Marines
                          "Arguing is like running in the special olympics...even if you win yer still retarded."

Comment

Bye bye!

Comment

Ship change

Im soooooooooooo stoned.
                              Knew ships rock btw. :up:
                              1:MR Marine>damn i was s bored last night
                              1:Fireblade 8>i wasnt hehe
                              1:MR Marine>where was ya?
                              1:Fireblade 8>fucked hoes for free cuz of donkey konga
                              1:MR Marine>lol wtf?
                              1:Fireblade 8>lol with 3 friends we played donkey konga all night
                              1:MR Marine>..lmfao

Comment

Working...
                              X