Elim statistics - and other stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim statistics - and other stuff

Being a big fan of baseball,I've gotten used to statistics being a part of every discussion. Also, being a fan of subspace.. I think its about time more records are kept. I know like 80% of you will say "oh man, more aliased lamers in elim", but I am thinking on a bigger scale here..so take a look at what I've done with the elim top 500.

http://www.unf.edu/~done0002/elimsite.htm

get past the fact that its ugly and all of that..

ok now, what I am trying to do here is to give sort of a top 10 list for different categories (and a worst top 10 for a few), which can give people more goals in elim. Incentives matter and since ranking under the current system requires playing too careful for fun, then why not have different goals?

Top left & Mid: the grayed area list some of the top 10's and worst 10's
    Top right: where records will go
    Below & Left: the top 500 elim players according to the elim stats page
    http://www.dcee.net/elim/etop.html
    Below & Mid: some new stats and the adjusted rankings (bold)
    Below & Right: Individual ranks for each category.

Ill try to explain anything you see there if you reply, and I'll have Foreign explain the adjusted ratings formula. It takes into consideration winning% and kills per game. Also, if you have any stats that you would maybe like to see, that can be figured out from the few stats on the top 100 elim page, then let me know. but they aren't much to work with..hence the following

This was not too much work to do with excel and for a while I will be updating it on this thread, say once every sunday. This way, by next week there will be entries in the record holder columns(will take note of when they started/ended) and eventually you'll see some names up there for a while. This gives you time to reach a record, or for an inconsistant person to lose it.

If this gets any interest at all, I know a bunch of people in the game said it sounded cool...then I'd like to find someone who knows some php/database stuff so we can eventually scrap the current elim stats page and have a real time page set up for new stats and old. With the bots you could have it show who you kill the most, who kills you the most, what times you usually play etc. Sort of like a scouting report maybe? Lots of possibilities..

Eventually, I want to more detailed stats in leagues...you could have squad captains checking stats to see who's good vs what squad and at what times of day, to help them prepare lineups. You could get trends to know who is on fire and who isnt across a few weeks time. There is a thread somewhere else on the forum about league game MVPs and such..I am sure with more detailed stats such as playing time and kills/playing time vs deaths/playing time could tell you who was mvp of a game, month or season. Dunno, lots of possiblities and I dont feel like busting my ass to brainstorm them so you guys can discuss it if you want. but off the top of my head I do know that the draft leagues and fantasy leagues would have more quality to them.

oh yah and uh if any staff members could point me towards a better place to get the stats than the top100 site,let me know(ie. database somewhere?). or if anyone has a simple web hosting solution for this, let me know.

reply with your thoughts, negative/positive/constructive..whatever

Updated for Sunday 10/24/2004
    Last edited by banzi fuq; 10-25-2004, 01:44 AM.
    I agree.

Good idea, i like stats for everything. Should keep alot of people happy.

Wins/games ratio (50 games played min)

Kills/games ratio

Deaths/games ratio

Putting up stats of most wins/losses atm means nothing apart from they played alot.
    Last edited by Acidmouse; 10-17-2004, 03:46 PM.
    PicHosting

Comment

Originally posted by Acidmouse
      Good idea, i like stats for everything. Should keep alot of people happy.

Wins/games ratio (50 games played min)

Kills/games ratio

Deaths/games ratio

Putting up stats of most wins/losses atm means nothing apart from they played alot.
      this page scrolls vertical and horizontal, towards the right are kills/game and deaths/game ratios. but the winning % goes for anyone who has 500killsand deaths.
      I agree.

Comment

Make it look nicer you lazy bitch. Scrolling to the right is for losers.

Comment

Working...
        X