Long time to see...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time to see...

Hi everybody, I was coming to this forum just to see how everything was and saw a lot of old names on here that I use to play with and figured I would drop a message explaining where I have disappeared to.

A couple of years ago I started to get a little bit bored with trench wars and after playing speedball on United SB I followed a couple of the players into different zones, namely Powerball, and hung out there for a while. Then I got a job working at a company where most of the programmers played star craft, so that started to eat into my subspace time.

Also at this time I got really big into the game and planetarion and actually wrote my own browser-based strategy game (which I am still working on by voice). You can thank Blood Axe for getting me addicted to that game.

As most of you know, subspace is not a game that you can avoid for very long. For about a year and a half now my hands have been far too messed up for me to be able to come back. I have had a degenerative genetic nerve disease called HNPP my whole life but I didn't start having problems with it until I was 15. About a year and a half ago at the age of 22 it got dramatically worse very quickly. When this started happening I spent a lot of time skateboarding until my legs got bad. I continued to work as a programmer using Dragon NaturallySpeaking and all kinds of funky mice and keyboards but I finally gave up this past June because of how frustrating it is to program by voice. It's hard to explain, but passwords and UNIX commands can't be dictated. Also, Dragon NaturallySpeaking expects you to speak English, it does not recognize any form of programming language. I wrote hundreds of macros to help me program but they can't be corrected when they mess up and when you do not correct Dragon NaturallySpeaking it thinks that you meant to say what you said which makes it more likely to make the same mistake over again. So every once in awhile you have to completely retrain it to your voice over again because you have to delete your user files just to get rid of all the mistakes it makes.

Using my hands repeatedly causes them to get very pins and needles feelings, numbness, and severe weakness. I can play subspace just fine for only about 30 seconds before I can't play at all.

Needless to say I can't play subspace ever again, lately I have been playing planetarion and working on my own game by voice every once in while. Oh I also have been playing poker.

My favorite of subspace memories are:

Finding crazy places to lob a javelin bomb into the flag room with members of zero hour

Leviathan terrier (another thing that can't be dictated without my altering my vocabulary) with people who could actually controlled their Leviathan such as the farmer, and stay puffed

Having a couple amazing solo death match comeback wins

Playing zombies all day

Killing terrier pilots outside of base in my shark in TW B. L.

My absolute favorite memory of all time was one night that we went into extreme games, it was me stupid gerbil and a couple others, the game lasted for about 12 hours and it must've been a record jackpot, stupid gerbil (who didn't really know how to play extreme games apparently) finally got the last flag and was in the flag room in the Diamond base, he was about to drop the final flag which would've made our frequency win the record jackpot when he killed somebody through the wall with one of his bombs which reset his flag timer. Then I see a private message that says "AFP, does the flag timer reset when he killed somebody or something?" About 90 seconds later, over a minute after we should've won and everybody was furious, we lost the flag room and all 30 flags. It was about 6 a.m. at that point and I just couldn't wait any longer. I have never seen so many angry subspace players in my life, I was actually laughing my ass off.

Take care, I hope everybody's doing well

afp
    http://www.azimux.com FREE web-based strategy game

Got N00dles? :up:
    Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
    Originally posted by Cig Smoke
    Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

Hey AFP, if you still remember me :P

Take care
      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
      There wont be another election for president.
      Obama is the Omega President.
      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

That sounds harsh.. I hope you will get well. Hopefully there would happend a miracle in your life, so that you would be totally healed from the diease that is within you. I don't know about you beliefs/believes?, but what I do know is that nothing is impossible for God. I will pray for you.

Take care afp!
        Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

SB is back, motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by AFPilot

Playing zombies all day
            Yay, another zombie fan ^_^

Comment

pred 4 president

Comment

too bad about that genetic thing. ur missing out on lots of changes since...zero hour.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

hey there good buddy!

this is syc0tik, you're friendly Zero Hour ex-squaddie dude. you remember antithesis at all? we were on that together too.

crazay
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

hey man, long time no see

you were cool and i have been wondering for 2 years where the f you went..

sorry to hear about your disease, hope you get cured one day
                    Last edited by Evasive; 11-02-2004, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely remember you guys

I remember and the thesis as well

I would like to get back in contact with a number of other people as well, including Poid, I might download the continuum client just to be able to message people
                      http://www.azimux.com FREE web-based strategy game

Comment

Originally posted by AFPilot
                        Yeah, I definitely remember you guys

I remember and the thesis as well

I would like to get back in contact with a number of other people as well, including Poid, I might download the continuum client just to be able to message people
                        DO IT
                        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Isn't this useless crap?
                          megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                          L K> taught u what?
                          megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                          9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                          9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

that harsh tahk.
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Its definately been too long

It has definately been too long AFP. I won't say too much more on here, but I'm sending an email as I post this. Still, it is good to hear from you.

P.S. Thanks PharmD for directing me to this thread. I never read or post in these unless someone points them out. So thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X