long-time game flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long-time game flaw

anyone ever notice that when you aren't flying at either 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, or 225 degrees that when you fly it isn't exactly the direction the ship is pointing?

Try this. Go in the base somewhere with a spider, get on a wall, point straight out, then adjust your angle by 1 interval left or right. Then fly out from the wall while shooting. Your bullets won't hit the same spot. The path changes as you fly. If the course of the ship was consistent with the path of the weapon, this should not happen.

Old news to me, just never said anything/heard anything about it.
    -Dave

okkkkkkkkkkkkkk then.

sort of occured to me. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign
      anyone ever notice that when you aren't flying at either 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, or 225 degrees that when you fly it isn't exactly the direction the ship is pointing?

Try this. Go in the base somewhere with a spider, get on a wall, point straight out, then adjust your angle by 1 interval left or right. Then fly out from the wall while shooting. Your bullets won't hit the same spot. The path changes as you fly. If the course of the ship was consistent with the path of the weapon, this should not happen.

Old news to me, just never said anything/heard anything about it.
      That's why it's free....it doesn't need to be flawless....no one paid for it (unless they're true idiots and bought the CD and brag about being a nerd and playing for so long).

Comment

I believe that is because you never completely stopped moving backwards/forwards... so your drifting a little. :kamikaze: -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Vitron
          I believe that is because you never completely stopped moving backwards/forwards... so your drifting a little. :kamikaze: -_-

I believe this is quite accurate, but you should check a zone like t3, when you fire bombs, it lines your ship out and after a while, you'll stop drifting and the bombs will go straight forward. I think
          Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

I believe this is total Bull Shit
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

If you worry about drifting just go into a safe and stop there.
              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
              3 league vet

Comment

You can stand precisely still everywhere. Its just that its hard not to push to hard.

Comment

I like Sainsbury's
                  Last edited by Ewan; 11-10-2004, 10:21 AM.
                  USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                  ---A few minutes later---
                  9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                  9:Kim> UM
                  9:Kim> i didn't
                  9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                  9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                  9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                  9:pascone> lol?

Comment

for space its pretty accurate
                    King Baba> You scare me with your online wisdom.

Comment

Wow not a single decent response. I'll try this out for myself when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
                        No emaho, you'll always be slightly drifting. It may be so slow that you move 1 pixel every minute, but you can never be perfectly still without stopping in a safe, lag-detaching or warping.
                        I've managed to stay in one place for 2 hours without moving a single pixel. Then I had a bd and had to stop the experiment.
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Well obviously it is possible to be floating absolutely still.

You just have to be lucky. Zero velocity is as much a valid value as any other.

Comment

The easiest way is to switch to a terr, then go put a portal somewhere. Go to a safe, and fire so you stop moving. Then portal.

Also if you attach to a terr but it rams a mine right before you show up on him, you will move a few inches then stop moving at all.
                            sdg

Comment

you'll also appear as just the circle with the line ala a turret.
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X