No announcement yet.

Elim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont understand why the initial thread was lost in this topic...The issue is rather serious. For example, in elim, if someone lags, his shots appear just next to me and give him an unfair in my opinion kill. Sometimes it just annoys you that you see a person whos moves are newbish but he kills you, only because his shots are faster due to lag. The only thing i yet found out to up the chances of survival such shots is moving around very fast, usually such people dont have a clue how to aim at fast moving ships. But, if you are doing that, chances are someone another vulches or spawns you because you dont have that much control of the ship on high speeds. Also, there are people who have a good aim, and with lag addition those are pretty much deadly.
    So what to do in this case, start a few large downloads during elim play and learn to use lag to your advantage as well?

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
    1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
    1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
    1:Zloy> Why
    1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

Originally posted by Zloy
      I dont understand why the initial thread was lost in this topic...The issue is rather serious. For example, in elim, if someone lags, his shots appear just next to me and give him an unfair in my opinion kill. Sometimes it just annoys you that you see a person whos moves are newbish but he kills you, only because his shots are faster due to lag. The only thing i yet found out to up the chances of survival such shots is moving around very fast, usually such people dont have a clue how to aim at fast moving ships. But, if you are doing that, chances are someone another vulches or spawns you because you dont have that much control of the ship on high speeds. Also, there are people who have a good aim, and with lag addition those are pretty much deadly.
      So what to do in this case, start a few large downloads during elim play and learn to use lag to your advantage as well?
      Haha, reminds me of that one saying, "If your friend jumps off a cliff, will you jump off a cliff too?"

Just a thought
      I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby

Haha, reminds me of that one saying, "If your friend jumps off a cliff, will you jump off a cliff too?"

Just a thought
        This proverb doesn't fit in here very good Ruby.
        Perhaps something like "Giving them the taste of their own medicine" would do
        Last edited by Zloy; 07-09-2002, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zloy

This proverb doesn't fit in here very good Ruby.
          Perhaps something like "Giving them the taste of their own medicine" would do
          Well ya it does, because you're saying.. "They lag, so I should lag" ... y'know? What you said though too could also fit pretty easily
          I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
            A mod will sit in the arena 24/7 and ban anyone who whines like a moron.
            That wouldnt be hard to pull off, they dont have to sit there 24/7. All they have to do is if a mod enters arena they could check and see if there are any "known" laggers in the arena (Danyal, DJ, :/). If the lag excedes a certain amount they can spec them. There is also a downside to that...The staff wouldnt do it, b/c they think a diff staff member in he arena would have alrdy done it, or they r just to lazy anyway.
            :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby

Well ya it does, because you're saying.. "They lag, so I should lag" ... y'know? What you said though too could also fit pretty easily
              Well, perhaps, but i always understood the saying you mentioned as "doing something stupid without thinking under the influence of other people".
              Increasing lag, on the other, can be rewarding.
              I tested what happens if i can increase my lag last day and results proved quite successful - the person whom i tested it with stopped seeying my shots, and couldnt aim at me because my ship moved with jumps heh. Downsides of that lag were that i got more duds than usual, BUT it was easier for me than him to adjust my aim because while on his screen i was skipping, on mine everything moved smoothly and i just needed to aim a bit ahead of him to get kills.
              I trust that with a bit of practice lag can be turned into quite an advantage. Conclusion: with the way lag is handled by Continuum right now, it should be deemed as a bug. And until its fixed, measures should be taken to prevent people from abusing it.

Comment

Just today i witnessed two times when the elim was won by newbies who clearly would have lost without lag intervention. Will staff do anything about it or its way too alluring to remain ignorant while the skill level in the zone becomes less and less important due to the latter lag increase?
                Save the whale, err elim, damnit!

Comment

you guys just love finding things to whine about. if it isn't "we need 2 elims" it's "i can't kill that guy cuz he lags too much". when i lag i suck more than ever, i wud think u guys'd be glad to play laggers!

and you know that once you elimiinate any1 with a ping over 4, yes i am being sarcastic, ,that you will start whining about how "there aren't enough players to play elim anymore.

there are specific lag limits set in each and every trench wars arena depending on the level of play that goes on there. 13% ploss in pub, 6.5 in elim etc. u can't keep asking for it to go down just to suit you. i'm sure there is nobody with a 200+ ping here saying "ya, we shud get rid of every1 with 200+ ping" just like i'm sure u guys with 140 are saying "get rid of everyone over 140 ping!"
                  Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                  Philos> there is something about you
                  Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Agreed. It's not like I want to lag (I have 56k),. If I could get a good connection, I would. But I can't. I'm sure most other "laggers" would say the same. So stop whining about it. Just enjoy the game and stop complaining. Sheesh...

Comment

There are days when my ping average is above 200. Also, there are days when its above 300. I dont play if its above 300.

If you lag and are willing to speak from that point, filling the thread with pointless flaming, this post is hardly for you. Lower lag limits are nessesary to the game, and the topic is about it. Can Dantax or someone from higher staff share their opinion on the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Choco
                        PING Current:1520 ms Average:891 ms Low:400 ms High:1680 ms

Elim for people over 1000 ping

No cus thats just damn right stupid
                        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                        cool koen> :)
                        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                        cool koen> not because of a bug
                        EvoLd> Lol
                        Treachery> meh
                        EvoLd> why then?
                        PubAceR> women in power dont last
                        EvoLd> LOl
                        toaster oven reviews