Possible Idea for DDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Idea for DDs

Okay, I've put about 300 hours into Trench Wars since I started playing earlier in the year. After a while of getting owned in elim, I was invited to join Xerotek. While watching the various DDs that went on, I noticed a LOT of squads got their wins by spawning. I got to thinking, what if people had a few seconds of safety time after spawning where they could get moving? I myself try not to spawn unless it's inevitable (someone spawns in my line of fire), and for this, I usually end up shot. So...here's the idea.

After someone has been killed, when they reenter the arena in a ship, give them a couple seconds of invulnerability, so that they can get into position more or less. The drawback to such, is that while they're unable to be shot, they're also unable to shoot. This would prevent it from becoming overpowered in that someone will die, and rush into the midst of the enemy to get a shot or two off before they can get killed.

I know there are a lot of people who 'fight clean', but it seems like there are more and more that will take whatever they can and however they can. I know this'll probably get some flames, but I also feel that the majority of the people who will feel that this detracts from the game, are the ones who spawn at every oppurtunity.

~Bardi

no rule against spawning.
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

This has been brought up many many times, and nothing will ever be implemented. Spawning is part of the game, live with it, learn to do it yourself and learn to get better at dodging it.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Nice idea, i personally would love that as i am alway, ALWAYS getting spawned. as Edify said there isnt a rule but it is one of the most annoying things about the game. however since this hasnt already happened i doubt it will......

Wade
        Last edited by My_wade; 11-16-2004, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Spawning=Spawn
          Must I spell it out?

Comment

Spawning is part of the game. Do unto others, before they do unto you.
            DELETED

Comment

Spawning is a part of warbirding, sadly. If you can't deal with it, either base, or javelin duel, where there's less spawning.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Theres this special key you can press, but be careful, its VERY powerful. F11.

Next time someone trys to spawn you.. BANG, hit F11, and ur safe (no lies)
                Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Soldier
                  Theres this special key you can press, but be careful, its VERY powerful. F11.

Next time someone trys to spawn you.. BANG, hit F11, and ur safe (no lies)
                  But don't use it when you have no lagouts left.
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

If someone spawns me I usually hunt them and spawn them for the rest of the game. Then they usually stop. I don't usually say anything either I just do it.
                    -Bubbles
                    Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                    Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles19518
                      If someone spawns me I usually hunt them and spawn them for the rest of the game. Then they usually stop. I don't usually say anything either I just do it.
                      Do you guys always spawn infront of someone or something? The chances of someone spawning infront of me (especially the guy that I'd want revenge on) once would be pretty slim. You make it sound like if someone spawns you, you constantly spawn them back.
                      :turned:

Comment

Originally posted by Bardicer
                        Okay, I've put about 300 hours into Trench Wars since I started playing earlier in the year. After a while of getting owned in elim, I was invited to join Xerotek. While watching the various DDs that went on, I noticed a LOT of squads got their wins by spawning. I got to thinking, what if people had a few seconds of safety time after spawning where they could get moving? I myself try not to spawn unless it's inevitable (someone spawns in my line of fire), and for this, I usually end up shot. So...here's the idea.

After someone has been killed, when they reenter the arena in a ship, give them a couple seconds of invulnerability, so that they can get into position more or less. The drawback to such, is that while they're unable to be shot, they're also unable to shoot. This would prevent it from becoming overpowered in that someone will die, and rush into the midst of the enemy to get a shot or two off before they can get killed.

I know there are a lot of people who 'fight clean', but it seems like there are more and more that will take whatever they can and however they can. I know this'll probably get some flames, but I also feel that the majority of the people who will feel that this detracts from the game, are the ones who spawn at every oppurtunity.

~Bardi
                        There's a problem with that. If the guy gets invulnerability, then he (let's make him "a" and the other guy is "b". A is spawning and B is already floating around.) a would rush up to b and b would try to shoot him down. Even if b hits him, it won't do any good. Then a could easily hunt b down.

The only possible solution for that would be to have his charge all the way down, but have shields for about 5 seconds. When 5 seconds are up, shields down, and full charge.

Comment

Ya, I'll be as cheap as I can if they spawn me.
                          -Bubbles
                          Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                          Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

On one hand it's a good idea, because people could fly away from their enemy as they respawn on the other hand they could fly into their enemy as they respawn.

Hmmm, I'd give it a try.

Comment

spawning isnt much of a problem if you are on your toes all the time and never typing or not paying attention.

then again, spawning can go both ways. you can kill someone or you can kill someone when u spawn and they are sitting in front of you. just spawn all you can, it will balance out.
                              Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                              apt>yes u can wtf
                              apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                              apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                              apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                              Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                              apt>na
                              apt>ill show you pictures
                              apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Working...
                              X