No announcement yet.

Possible Idea for DDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to point out that saying, "Spawing is part of the game, get over it," is not an answer. Apparently it bothers him, and many others, he was just trying to find an idea (that has been brought up numerous times before, which we won't hold against him) that had crossed his mind. Because spawning has been part of warbirding doesn't mean it should be there and doesn't mean people shouldn't think of ways to rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Voth
      Spawning is a part of warbirding, sadly. If you can't deal with it, either base, or javelin duel, where there's less spawning.
      Please, I spawn people right as they attach off their terrier. Easy pie!
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

You can get spawned in javs too, or coral'd from the line.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

If anyone spawns me in a dd, i lame, spam, and do anything i can think of to piss them off!
          9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

That'll probably make you more pissed than the guy you're trying to make pissed. Just keep your hands off the letter keys and you'll get 5 kills more.

Also, the hunting bubbles suggested usually is total crap. It'll make your team lose.
            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
            3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
              Do unto others, before they do unto you.
              sorted :bigups:
              STARKITTY
              A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Spawning is just a part of the game as it is now, and I don't see how it is unfair. Both the spawner and the person that is flying around there have the same reaction time. If you are already flying around, there is a possibility you just shot and have no energy, but apart from that you have equal chances. So I suggest you just learn to deal with it as with every aspect of the game.

Now to your idea, it's been brought up so many times, I think it's a complicated and farfetched plan. It will probably not solve the problem entirely, people could still chase the player who spawns and shoot before he can shoot and make it hit the moment his vulnerability runs out. And if you make the vulnerability last too long they can shield of their teammates too. (Or find other ways to exploit it)
                I think that if you want this problem solved you would have to look at the current server settings, there should be a formula added (IE: SpawnFromEnemy=0,1 SpawnFromEnemyRadius=256) where the entire playable map is a spawnzone and you always spawn in a certain radius from enemy players. If you don't spawn close to enemies you will always have the time to dodge or get safe, and so it would end spawning.
                Last edited by Zerzera; 11-17-2004, 08:16 AM.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Spawn or get spawned.
                  Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                  You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                  There wont be another election for president.
                  Obama is the Omega President.
                  http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

upon inspection I noticed that most of the people who get spawned are people who are either trying to spawn or typing shitloads of whine after their death
                    Originally posted by Diakka
                    Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Bardicer
                      I got to thinking, what if people had a few seconds of safety time after spawning where they could get moving?
                      If they have this safety time they will use it to kill someone flying near when safe.
                      8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                      8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                      8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                      8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                      8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                      8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by schope
                        If they have this safety time they will use it to kill someone flying near when safe.

No offense, but you obviously didn't read the entire thing. They might not be able to die, but they can't shoot either. give start 'em off with 0 energy, and make their safety long enough for it to recharge. If they want to rush, they can, but they have no energy to shoot with afterwards. If they wanna shoot, they and ease out. But, in response to another post that I hadn't thought of...making someone unable to spawn within a certain distance of a hostile would also work. Say, you can't respawn within a grid and a half of a hostile player. Then, if you get killed, well, the player just has really good sniping skills and those aren't lame skills...I'm still learning how to snipe.

Also, if anyone could explain to me how people can burst across two grids and still have the energy to fire off a shot immediately after stopping, I'd really appreciate the knowledge.

Comment

similar stuff has already been proposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                            You can get spawned in javs too, or coral'd from the line.
                            i've never heard this term before. please explain "coral'd".
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Too bored to read that shit.

But if you get shields for few secs, you can still shoot ("spawn"). How can you prevent that? It's fine as it is now. Spawning is part of game and it has always been.

Oh guess someone already said how to prevent the guy with shield not to shoot. It could still suck, you don't know when shield goes off and that guy has enough energy to shoot.
                              Last edited by tahkis; 11-19-2004, 05:56 AM.
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                              X