Lower burst green rate in pubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower burst green rate in pubs

Non-pubers can leave your ego at the door.

Think terrs green burst wayyyy too fast, especially in pub arena (Maybe if possible just lower it in the pure-pub).

In base battles it turns into burst wars. Usually burst + warp and repeat.

I usually hunt terrs and in the time it takes me to kill em they usually let off 2 sets. I wish my warbird could shoot bouncy bullets in 3 directions every 20 secs.

I usually rush base in wb and usually I get 2 or 3 sets of bursts flying at me + ppl chasing me down. By the time I die and get back in (usually not long) the whole scenario repeats.

I wouldn't even care if you made ports easier to green, but bursts are definetely way too easy to get and are far more destructive.

I always thought it was at a nice even balance with the ports and bursts. (Sorry, but it's not possible to change one pub without all the others being changed aswell, unless there is some secret hax that I don't know about :wacko: :shock1: :unsure: .)

Comment

You do know greens that provide bursts are completely random. I play base terr and can sit for 5 minutes with people nearly constantly greening and not get a single burst, so the times when terrs get one burst after another off sets that. Just deal with it, it's pretty much the terr's only offensive weapon since it's bullets are so weak and slow, and the terr has to rely on its team to have that weapon where as you can simply rely on yourself to get the kill.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

i agree with security. bursts add an unfair element of luck. there has got to be a better way to give the terr a defensive advantage.
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

I don't see how... if you gave them spider quality bullets the terrs would act more as attackers instead of what they are now. A bomb would be the samething, mines would just really fuck things up, cloak wouldn't work...

And it adds elements of luck both ways Za, good and bad, which affects how the terr, if he knows what he is doing, acts in the flagroom. If he's getting steadily greened and a nice amount of bursts, they'll be a lil more aggressive, trying to get into a range to hit enemies with said bursts, and if he's not getting greened he'll back off and if he happens to score a burst, will use it from his hiding spot hoping to make contact with an enemy.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
          .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

And give make a bit more portal greens in bd.
            megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
            L K> taught u what?
            megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
            9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
            9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

It's fine the way it is. Pub settings have been messed up enough already.

Comment

Settings are fine.
                Originally posted by Kolar
                My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Just deal with it and stop complaining bout settings ty
                  I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

A part of the problem is the static damage for bursts. Before pubs got fixed dmg you could survive a burst bullet, nowadays you will die 100% of the time.

I'm not sure but I believe you can lower the probability to get bursts from a green, and since burst have become more effective I don't see why not to lower the numbers of greens given out.

Comment

So what? You're pissed off because Terriers have a viable way of defending themselves now? Get over it. People don't whine about the one-shot kill from WB's, and if you have any semblance of dodging ability you shouldn't have a problem with the bursts. Stop fabricating half-assed reasons to try and get the settings changed again.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

settings are fine but malladrin are you sure that burst kills you 100% of the time? i have got hit by some and not died, or maybe i just having a weird dream. but if they do kill you all the time, i think it would be a cool change if it wasnt fixed damage
                        Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by tahkis
                          And give make a bit more portal greens in bd.
                          ^^
                          megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                          L K> taught u what?
                          megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                          9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                          9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by security
                            I usually hunt terrs and in the time it takes me to kill em they usually let off 2 sets. I wish my warbird could shoot bouncy bullets in 3 directions every 20 secs.
                            hmm, what zones have this? a lot.
                            Originally posted by Flared
                            settings are fine but malladrin are you sure that burst kills you 100% of the time? i have got hit by some and not died, or maybe i just having a weird dream. but if they do kill you all the time, i think it would be a cool change if it wasnt fixed damage
                            they only kill u if ur the first thing it hits after one wall. after it hits other walls, the strength of the burst bullet decreases slowly. atleast, thats how i think it works. :grin:
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
                              they only kill u if ur the first thing it hits after one wall. after it hits other walls, the strength of the burst bullet decreases slowly. atleast, thats how i think it works.
                              Don't think it is that way I because Warbirds also have "duds" I think it has to do with bursts being set at a strength maybe change value and if I remember correctly you can change how much of a chance it has of changing value and between which values but I forget entirely if you can do this so you know I could be wrong.

Nothing wrong with bursts if bursts weren't there terrs would be a cinch to play but because of bursts it adds a level of strategy. Sure some terrs can let off bursts hoping to get a kill but an experienced terr will have all of the spots memorized and be able to manipulate its bursts and hit the enemy. I think bursts are a strategic part of the game.
                              1:Sumpson> SSC wants to be facist

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
                              Corporation.

Comment

Working...
                              X