TWSites.com moves to new server!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWSites.com moves to new server!

TWSites.com has moved to a brand new server! Remember that downtime we had last week when a hard disk crashed? That won't ever happen again. The new server has 5x 10,000 rpm Seagate Ultra 320 SCSI drives in a Raid 5, and 1 drive as a hot spare. If any of these five drives fail, the server will repair itself automatically and keep on running, without even a single reboot!

After that downtime last week we decided to take some serious measures to improve the service. And we've done it. Hard disk related downtime will no longer occur. And the rest of the server is the same. It's still a Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz server with 2048 mb ram.

If you would like to sign up for a plan, see http://www.twsites.com and use the coupon code "holiday" for 20% off! There are also hard disk storage plans, where you can buy 10 gigabytes of IDE hard disk space for only $9.95/month! For this plan, please email me at dock@twsites.com.
    TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
    qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
    3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

cool
    audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
    DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
    Azreal> LOloL
    cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

that's really cool i like that system very expencive tho
      Code:
      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
      1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
      1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
      1:lnx> kk
      1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

hi

it's been 2 days since you posted.. the site was down for 2 days.. is it still in the process of being moved or is it just broken?

Comment

What are you talking about?
          qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P

Comment

oh twsites was down today as well :P

my friend has syrusmx.com and yea well its still down

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman
              oh twsites was down today as well :P

my friend has syrusmx.com and yea well its still down
              actually the site being hosted is ro12.com

Comment

I emailed all resellers twice to change their nameservers to the following:

ns1: 70.85.42.142
                ns2: 67.18.145.150
                ns3: 67.18.158.174 (Optional)

This is because if you're a reseller and your nameservers are pointed at the old server, and the old server isn't available to service requests, you'll end up with some problems.

I see he is indeed experiencing downtime, but it is kind of out of my hands at this point. He has to adjust the values at his registrar to get back up and running.

Comment

One more thing... the best way to avoid such problems in the future is to just use ns1, ns2, ns3.twsites.com nameservers. If you have custom ones you're kinda responsible for them. I change them well in advance to avoid any problems for the majority of TWSites.com customers.

Comment

thanks dock.

im real excited that this server will have no downtime at all...

Comment

Working...
                    X