Golf Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Anyone?

Golf anyone? New golf arenas are up at golf. ?go golf, ?go frontsix, ?go middlesix and ?go backsix.

Im using this forum and not a zone advert because the arenas are limited to only 8 people playing at one time (this is the maximum number of golf balls allowed to be generated). If we get a good base of esperienced golfer we will then start running golf tournaments and skin games. If you enjoy playing golf you are encouraged to join the ?chat=golf. We will be using this chat to invite others for games. Below is a "How to and Rules" description. This is also located at A1 of each arena. Also a quick reference box is available while playing by pressing and holding down the <ctrl> key.

Two of the more important rules are , 1. Do not interfere with anyone elses ball . 2. Do not abuse team sounds. If you want to hear all the sounds private tickyourself to hear them. DO NOT EVER PLAY PUBLICALLY!. Only play sounds on your own freq and only two per hole.

How to:

Get on the freq of the players you would like to play with. You can play with up to four players at a time. You will then be able to attach to your group when switching clubs (ships).

To start select ship 8 (ballspotter). Grab ball and move it to the tee off markers. Place anywhere in between the blue marker spheres. Use the <insert> key to release the ball. Do not jam the ball up against the markers. Next choose the club you would wish to use. Pressing and holding down the <ctrl> key will pop up a list of clubs and a map that shows you the clubs you can choose from based on ball lie and distance from pin.

Line up the shot by rotating the club face to be perpendicular to the direction you wish to shoot. Use <insert> key to shoot (hit) the ball.

Move to the ball and mark it with a portal and attach back to someone in your group then watch them tee off.

If your ball lands in the water you must use the ballspotter to move it to land.

Use <ctrl> key to determine which club to use based on the length you need to shoot and the surface on which your ball lies.

Repeat till you hole the ball.

Complete all 6 holes per arena keeping track of stroke count. The course is separated into 3 different arenas. ?go #frontsix, ?go #middlesix and ?go backsix.

Rules:

1. In real golf honors means the person that shoots first, but here it means the person who shoots last because of the strategic factor of seeing your opponent shoot first. Honors is claimed by who wins the previous hole. If the hole is tied player keeps honors.
    2. If your ball is straddling playing surfaces determine where it mostly lies and use appropriate club.
    3. It is polite to shoot in order. Wait till the person farthest from the pin plays his shot even if this means they have to shoot more than once.
    4. If you ball lies in the water you must use ball spotter to move it to where it first crossed the water adding a penalty stroke to your shot count. If it goes in from the tee off you have the option of a re-tee with a penalty stroke.
    5. If your ball lies in the sand you MUST use a sandwedge.
    6. If your ball lies in the green you MUST use a putter.
    7. If your ball lies in the rough you MUST use an iron. The sandwedge is also considered an iron.
    8. You can use any club off the tee except the putter.
    9. No “ball pushing”. Running the ball to move it. Approach the ball at slow speeds as not to move it when acquiring.
    10. Because of the importance of ball lie. No interfering or moving someone else’s ball will be tolerated.
    11. For strategic purposes your opponent should spot your ball on the tee to avoid set tee shots.
    12. If you are not playing you can only watch play while in spectator mode only.
    13. Do not take balls from ball spawn area unless you are playing the ball. No ball hiding or horseplay allowed. No ball hiding.
    14. Only one freq playing on a hole at one time.
    15. Respect your fellow golfers when it is not your turn. Stand back when they are shooting and remain still especially on tee off and greens.
    16. No excessive “coursing the ball” , using your ship to track the course your ball will take. This will annoy your fellow golfers as they are waiting for there turn and also the party waiting to play your hole.
    17. No using bongs in pub chat at all. Use them only on team chat (yellow text). You are allowed only two bongs per hole. Abuse of team bongs will not be tolerated.
    18. These arenas where made private to allow for good play. If you are not serious about playing or spectating you can be asked to leave by players.
    19. To be on golf chat (?chat=golf) you should be invited and taught to play by a experienced golfer. Use golf chat to invite players to matches.
    20. Because there is a limited number of balls that can be spawned in an arena at one time (8) give way to golfers who are having a game. If you would like to learn to play use the public golf arenas (?go golf, ?go frontsix, ?go middlesix and ?go backsix.
    21. It is courteous to let faster parties play through. Example. Party of two should be allowed to play through a slower party of four.

Scoring:

Each hole has a par rating listed on the hole sign. Par is how many shots I should take to hole the ball. Count your shots, including penalty strokes, to determine score for hole. If the par for the hole is rated at 4 and you take five shots then you finish one over par for the hole , a “bogie”. If you shoot one under this is considered a “birdie” and if two under par a “eagle”. Repeat for all 18 holes. The person taking the least shots to complete the course wins. If you finish a tie you can play tie breaking holes.

Golf bucks:

You can win golf bucks during scheduled skin matches and tournaments. You can use these golf bucks to purchase houses at ?go #golf

Course Changes:

The tee off markers, flags and even the bushes will be moved periodically to keep the course fresh, much like a real golf course. All these are lvl based changes and will not require another big download.

The secret of putting:

The path of the ball is determined by the addition or subtraction to the x and y coordinates of interger numbers. This means as the ball slows down as it does in the second half of the putted balls flight it tends to pull to either the 0 degree trajectory or the 90 degree trajectory. 0 degree meaning left or right, and 90 degree meaning up or down. This means if you aim your shot in the range of 0-34 degrees it will pull to the 0 degree trajectory at the tail end of its fllight. If you aim your shot in the range of 54-90 degrees it will pull to the 90 degree trajectory. If you aim your shot on the 45 degree trajectory it will not deviate in its course at all and travel in a diagonal direction. This was an unexpected anomaly but you will find it makes the game more enjoyable and challenging. After all, as in real golf, you drive for show and putt for doe.

Good luck and have fun. SDp
    Attached Files

I think theyre awesome B) Keep it up SDp
    audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
    DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
    Azreal> LOloL
    cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Haha, Superdave does it again. It's a nice arena, but pretty complicated.
      sdg

Comment

It's funny!
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

love it.

how'd you all do?

after 6 i'm +5 and pou is +3. . . more to come next time

i pulled a tin cup moment trying to get through those trees on the par 5. i made it, and then landed in the water
          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
          Philos> there is something about you
          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I was +2 after the first six, then I just dled the other 2 levels and decided I really needed sleep.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Goddamn, youre a genius, SDP. Fantastic arena, quite complicated but I'll get the hang of it.

Comment

Great job dave :wub:
                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                5: Da1andonly> =((
                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

sdp for dean agian
                  Originally posted by Kolar
                  My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                  ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Due
                    sdp for dean agian
                    hahaha yeah...
                    he's the one that gets the job done. B)

i don't understand why the sounds are so limited. what are the team sounds?
                    er which %'s?
                    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

i was playing golf with sdp and some others in the twdev zone when it was being tested, oh yea... i pwned B)
                      Big Chill

Comment

Lucky Wish I could have been there. Looks awesome, gj super.
                        Last edited by Twerp; 12-30-2004, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Team sound is the Yellow text. Using the comma prefex. So only peeps on your freq hear it. It would be annoying to other group of golfers to here your sounds out of context. Don't forget to get on golf chat ?chat=golf if you like the game.

Comment

Not to get off topic from this wonderful map too much, but to all of you that have lost faith in staff all together, just look to people like SDP who still get their job done no matter what.

Comment

SuperDAVE(postal), I commend you!

Great job.:up:

I've been wondering, why don't you apply for a job for Game Design? Or create your own company and start makin shit? Hell, you could sponsor subspace!

Comment

Working...
                              X