No announcement yet.

?cheater calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most of the time i do ?cheater / ?help calls, i get an answer within 1 min.
    BUT other times i had to do it over again 5 min. later since it says you can do another call if someone havent responded within 5 min.
    i think mods should take ?cheater calls with care so ppl getting tked wont be pissed cuz a mod didnt come and warn/ban the dude.....
    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

The problem is. If we tell the person who is accusing someone of cheating in ?cheater that we are on it...they might tell the cheater something like this: "Ha sucker, Diakka is taking you down" and that would first off blow the mods cover and second...he prolly wouldn't cheat anymore while me or any other mod being there. Which then means we couldn't catch him.
      Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Sometimes it takes very long to get someone to take the call, and even then it's someone telling me there's no one with enough power to handle it.
        last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Well if there's no one on that can do anything about a cheating situation, the last thing a ZH wants to do is take the call and tell the furious person that they can't do anything about it.
          sdg

Comment

OR, when you do .?cheater "so and so is lagging horrible can you check into this" . They come to the arena.. see the guy is lagging and spec him... usually on his 9th death or so becuase thats how long it takes em... then the staff member just leaves. The 2nd round starts and the player is added again lagging.. you do .?cheater again and either get a reply "we have handled the call before stop abusing cheater" or you get no response from any staff. I think when someone is removed AFTER reconnecting for lag, they shouldnt be allowed to play the rest of that game... wasn't schope banned for having horrible lag in numerous jd's?
            Dodge in game :greedy:

Comment

As Kim said, there's a command to tell the person that it is being looked into, as far as I am concerned, it should be obligatory to do this command as then that will stop people thinking their call isn't being taken.

Also, I would say that 90%+ of cheater and help calls are taken promptly, the ones not being taken either because no one who can take it is online, or the ERs and Mods are hosting or busy with other calls.
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by tahkis
                Hi you dear staffers. Maybe you should tell when you are going for a ?cheater call so the one that did it, knows it is being handeled and wont do it again. So you don't need to warn after someone does it 4 times in 30 minutes because he isn't sure is someone handling it.

TY.
                how about programming the game so cheating cant be done

not allowed outside playing area? then enclose it
                not allowed to do such and such? then disable it

unless you want some kinda of drama added and like cheaters and catching those bad cheaters and warning them, like some kind of reality TV show

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                  how about programming the game so cheating cant be done

not allowed outside playing area? then enclose it
                  not allowed to do such and such? then disable it

unless you want some kinda of drama added and like cheaters and catching those bad cheaters and warning them, like some kind of reality TV show
                  lol do u even know what u are asking?
                  Originally posted by Kolar
                  My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                  ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Just wanted to say two things: You all know you're overexagurating the staff thing. I really do not believe you if you say that no one EVER answers you and stuff like that. Staffers can be busy with other things aswell.

And please don't make 100 calls for wbduel at the same time.
                    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                    There wont be another election for president.
                    Obama is the Omega President.
                    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well da1, u know that can't be helped. I mean the people don't talk amongst themselves and go "Someguy> who's gonna call the ZH this time?" "SomeOTHERguy> I will, so you guys don't ?help or it'll totally mess up the staff".
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.
                      . â–²
                      ▲ ▲

Comment

Yeah sometimes I think mods almost have to put some effort in being mod. Some people want them to check if someone isn't lagging a bit too much, this is rediculous because mods should be checking pub for teamkilling newbies or respond to racist calls. These are easier to handle because they know how to deal with that.
                        There seem to be no real guidelines against lagging people/cheaters. Moderators aren't allowed to warn/ban, only to spec. But how long will someone have to stay in spec? Untill they stop lagging.. what if the moderator goes offline right after he specced someone, will that allow the lagger to play again? Or if he is still lagging will he get banned for coming out of spec?
                        Yes it's easier to !warn while playing a game on someone who used ?cheater 5 times, than to go to the call to check it out everytime..
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                          Well if there's no one on that can do anything about a cheating situation, the last thing a ZH wants to do is take the call and tell the furious person that they can't do anything about it.
                          We once had BD and i did few ?cheater calls, first one when game begun. After about 20 minutes and 10 calls one ZH informs me there isn't any ER's/mods online..

Originally posted by Diakka
                          The problem is. If we tell the person who is accusing someone of cheating in ?cheater that we are on it..............................
                          I think most calls about lagcheating etc. are done in TWD where I believe it won't hurt to tell that you are taking the call. Maybe it's different in public which is usually crowded with newbies..
                          megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                          L K> taught u what?
                          megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                          9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                          9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

solution: don't use the ?cheater command.

Now I know tahkis uses that command like 10+ times per day. Do you really think that many people cheat? It's an internet game and the speed of light is not infinite, no matter how hard you try. So live with the lag.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                              Now I know tahkis uses that command like 10+ times per day. Do you really think that many people cheat? It's an internet game and the speed of light is not infinite, no matter how hard you try. So live with the lag.
                              Haha. In fact almost every time I do ?cheater, the guy gets specced or they need to sub that guy.
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                              X