SS videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS videos

i know counterstrike has it, but wouldn't it be cool to have them for SS? maybe if it was created back then in the day, people could see past twl games and legendary players who people now will never see and such.

Like hit a button to take a video of you playing, kinda the same as a screenshot but many of them in a row. Computer geniuses required for this I guess

peace, genes
    lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
    1:sleuth> sup
    1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
    1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
    1:sleuth> ?
    1:revolt> rofl
    1:revolt> ur so bad
    1:Golden_Aim> LOL
    1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
    1:sleuth> i dont get it
    1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

It is possible with a special program.
    You should ask Kolar, he knows it
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Im loving it
      Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

juustopekoni
        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
        There wont be another election for president.
        Obama is the Omega President.
        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

There was SS VCR, but that only recorded radar movements.
          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

The cripple's website off of that Foundrey website had a Flash movie... it was hot... matter of fact i might have it.
            - RawZ

Street Cred:

Cripple since 2000
            Ex Cripples Captain
            Ex SSC DownTown Zone Sysop
            - my smods (NOBODY!!!!!!! and Ave-iator) created the original Alias Bot for Trenchwars -

delectable> I like double penetration from african americans

Comment

I am recording the TWLB finals and any other TWLB game opon request for Season 8 (leave me a ?message for requests). File size is about 200-250 mb. I also have season 7's final LB games and I will find someway of publishing all of them. I can do the other leagues if you want to be specific on who i'm speccing ect... I can also redue the file size at the cost of quality to save time for transfering special requests.

Edit:Small sample I posted in the TWL forums http://rapidshare.de/files-en/356930...ntest.avi.html *click the free button then wait for the 40 second timer to run down.. and then save the "Screentest.avi" link as... to your HDD*
              Last edited by Kolar; 02-07-2005, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Any chance you'd let out the secret of HOW you do it?

I can take 20 screens per second but it does look a little weird.
                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                5: Da1andonly> =((
                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Rosstones
                  The cripple's website off of that Foundrey website had a Flash movie... it was hot... matter of fact i might have it.
                  give it to me baby

Comment

weird that i saw this thread, i have been in the process of making a juice movie for around a month or so now, got ABSOLUTELY nowhere, never made one before.

the problem with subspace rendering is that you have to screencapture at like high resolution, i play in 1200x1024 which writes a VAST amount of data to your HD every second, and even on a amd 3800 and 1gb ram its still slow as fuck. i've tried using fraps to no avail, currently using SnagIt and screencapturing in windowed mode, cutting the sides of the screen off. Its not great. I'm also having huge problems with my preferred video editing software - keeps fucking up the music and not letting me freeze frame, gah its horrible...

done about a minute of film footage so far, but it renders horribly too and appears to lag badly. i'm currently burning a 15mb test .wmv so we'll see if it works or not.

Xu out
                    jerome> dude i love subspace so much, it's the best chat client ever, even comes with a free mini game with ships, irc doesnt have shit on us

Comment

u could do it the way movie bootleggers in china do it. get a big screen tv, hook it up to ur pc, then pull out a digital camera.
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                        Any chance you'd let out the secret of HOW you do it?

I can take 20 screens per second but it does look a little weird.

Yeah, what program(s) do you use? I have Adobe Premiere for editing, but what do you use to capture?
                        DELETED

Comment

Fraps.exe .......................... have a big hard drive? pirate it. Fraps is the biggest space waster but the best quality program. Or for you nerds, tape it with your cams and then use windows movie maker. If i had my FTP up i'd let someone download it, but I'm not that nice am I?!
                          Last edited by tyflyias; 02-07-2005, 08:48 PM.
                          I dont think everyone agrees with you that tyf is a vet.. eeeeh? (2 tired to type the rest)

Pred

Edit: btw.. did you just compare raspi with tyflias? (roflmaoroamroamroam ramroamr amroaomroamraofmlamomarmlol)

Comment

so it's possible.

I know for sure that counterstrike is much deeper then SS - It is 3d, not 2d, and has color, all sorts of movement and such.......so I don't see how continuum videos would be much harder than CS videos

Staff - could this be like a project for the years to come? just curious
                            lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
                            1:sleuth> sup
                            1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
                            1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
                            1:sleuth> ?
                            1:revolt> rofl
                            1:revolt> ur so bad
                            1:Golden_Aim> LOL
                            1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
                            1:sleuth> i dont get it
                            1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

Well about a year ago I was chatting with Mythrandir and he mentioned he was working on a SS Recorder. So a bot could record a match with a special file format and you could later view it.

This other game Xpilot I recall has this feature to record a session.

Instead of recording RAW video to like mpeg or avi, it would record ingame elements positions.

I think this would be an indepth project, and would be great in future revisions of Continuum. To achieve the efficiency of recording it would have to be at level of the actually game code.

This SS Recording would be a great way to analyze matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X