No announcement yet.

SS videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that some zones have bots that can do this already. There's no trick to it really. I'm using an ATI 9200 SE, onboard (so it sucks for 3D but I can get like 200-300 FPS while not recording and barely 60 fps with my new 6600 GT for SS :P). The program is called Hypercam and it is a screen capture application, the codec i'm using is Microsoft Video 1. I'm probably gonna still be here in the years to come Genes so if staff wants to find an efficient way of sending out the large video files.... . I know that you're asking for this to be implemented into the client but I don't think TW alone could do that or that Priit would care/want to add it.
    Last edited by Kolar; 02-07-2005, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I tried it once with camtasia. files were hella big though and not enough FPS.

also, if u want to share them, make a .torrent file and seed it.
      1:Zerzera> aura shut up
      1:Zerzera> you hate my recruits because I am muslim
      jdigs3> jdigs offers u his protection

Comment

fraps seems to work the best. With the 'unregistered' version, it'll have a little banner saying "www.fraps.com" at the top, right under the energy bar, so it fits in quite nicely. You can also only record at 30 seconds at a time, so what I do is I hot keyed the "record now" button to "Num 0" and when I saw the light turn off, I just hit it again making a bunch of 30 second files and using my Adobe Premiere to merge them into 1.
        DELETED

Comment

You tried fraps'ing at high res? its totally useless, even 800x600 will slow subspace down to 10fps on my computer and be completely unwatchable, not to mention the degradation in detail, you wont be able to read names let along see bullets... Currently i'm recording at 800x600 using 15fps on snagit using windowed mode, subspace chugs at around 40fps but its enough to capture fairly accurately - its working ok, but seeing bullets is still difficult and getting it edited, adding the extra bits and turning it into a watchable file format is proving to be extremely difficult.

Everyone will have different codecs etc on their computers and I'm hoping that when this file is compiled (its 2 minutes and 20 meg so far, aiming for 15-20 minutes total so that'll be around 200meg) it'll be watchable by everyone else

We'll see
          jerome> dude i love subspace so much, it's the best chat client ever, even comes with a free mini game with ships, irc doesnt have shit on us

Comment

Working...
          X