No announcement yet.

The Earnestness of Elim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you use ?nopubchat then you would lose the fun of watching people bitch about you after you beat the crap out of them, then what would elim be? BOrInG
    Tigerex

Comment

i used to whine too much when i got terrebly lamed but then realized it was completly useless cause it only made me play even worse cause i got too angry and lost concentration. When i stopped caring about the damn rec and playing for the fun ( which i belive every1 should do ) i started to care less and less about being lamed...i dont say i enjoy it but i really dont care any+...and im starting to realize that a good pub is a lot + fun then the overcrouded elim
      The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerex
        what would elim be? BOrInG
        News flash you spamming susie, elim has always been boring.
        sage

Comment

elim

I don't take it seriously I just go and mess around with people and hunt them. but I definately whine all the time.

My elim chat:

n00b
          ez
          ez
          ez
          ez
          ez
          ez
          nEwb
          ez
          ez
          ez
          ez
          ez
          sigh
          sigh
          spawn
          tk
          tk again
          stop tkilling me
          HAHAH newbie
          tk
          ez
          ez
          ez
          ns
          ez
          ez
          ez
          ez
          ez
          dud??
          ez
          FO&(^@$&Y
          23o827y6o39y
          23p79ty237y
          23p976t3287

Seize is out. 20 wins 10 losses

Comment

i love elim, but everyone calls me a newbie when i kill them . They are like: "u newb", and of course i always respond by saying "fuck off, bitch!", or "haha, u just got killed by a newbie!". Both of these are conversation stoppers because either way, they have to think for a minute since i actually responded to them, and that way, they just get spawned, and yell newbie at someone else.

It's not too hard to stay alive in elim. ALl you have to do is take random shots into spawn area, and act cowardly. Its worked for me for the past so many years that i've played this shitty game.
            chocolate gravy

Comment

Elim's fun. It's a shame that people in general don't care anymore becuase it used to be really great when people actually cared about their rankings. You'd have people talking about how they did in spec chat and stuff. I guess I'm just competitive :P

Oh and the whining is easy to ignore. Mind over matter, although sometimes it's fun to see people whine after you kill them muhahaha.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

I care

Epi, 5-0 gg

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager

News flash you spamming susie, elim has always been boring.
                  I can take the Spamming bit (even though you need to understand that i speak pure bullshit in real life too) but if you ever call me Susie again i swear i'll put a thong on and lapdance on you...with my fluffy bumcheeks
                  Tigerex

Comment

I like elim. But then again I tend to play it when my connection is good, no base games are going on, and basically no one is on chat, which is normally late at night. I prefer to play with a pallie or 2 also in the arena and try to root each other on, but most of the other pallies don't like elim. I normally only play like 2 or 3 games of elim at a time, but I always try to do well. Obviously I put in varying degrees of effort depending on my mood, but I always try to do well enough to improve my rating. It gives you a goal to shoot for, makes the game more enjoyable for a competitive person like myself. Occasionally I'll get pissed off when I'm not playing well and everyone keeps lagging through my shots, but normally people don't talk much smack to me. Or maybe they do and I just don't read it. I normally only read squad chat while I'm playing, otherwise I'll get shot.

Comment

I don't have that problem because i can't read.

I get my dog to read out what is typed but i can't let him watch me play elim...he puts me off.
                      Tigerex

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                        Oh and the whining is easy to ignore. Mind over matter, although sometimes it's fun to see people whine after you kill them muhahaha.

-Epi
                        that's what i do. i completely phase out all the whiners but if i kill someone i don't like, seeing them whine just makes me enjoy myself.

Comment

I've always played for fun. I don't spawn or lame unless it's osmeone who has done it to me in the last couple games. I do however tend to float around in baselim in parts where i've practiced alot so other players aren't sure what to do. I liek those obscure places, i'm good there. I am thinking about getting 36 hours on a new name for the challenge of seeing how good i really am but otherwise i play with my normal lines=8.
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I have three aliases that I use for elim. One I use for when I'm just focusing on playing, one I use for when I want to play, but I'm also talking to people, and the other one I use for just screwing around. The third one is really a really newbie-ish name, and I notice that everyone hates me when I use it. When I use the Face name nobody ever PMs me hundreds of times calling me a newbie, but it happens on the third alias. It's funny when I beat people that do that in duels.
                            -Face
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                              i play with my normal lines=8.
                              8 lines? Somebody hook this guy up with an AOL account!
                              PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Ping: current 60ms s2c 6.7%

Bah, lucky asses I haven't been able to play in elim for ages, only on occasion when I have 5-6% ploss, at which times everyone eats everything I shoot, and it's kinda annoying.

Btw, did you know that I will lag out if I'm left all alone on the screen (no one on radar either) for more than 10secs. Every time I respawn I have to race my ass off to the base not get dc-ed.
                                Originally posted by Disliked
                                However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                                when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Working...
                                X